Schools and Universities

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams for Schools & Universities. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Preview Facility in MS Forms Upload file option

When we connect MS Forms with MS Teams to collect survey, feedback or any kind of submission from students wherein students upload their files (doc, pdf, excel, etc.) a preview facility will be helpful after file upload action. It will help students to ensure that they have uploaded the correct document/file before actually doing the final submission on MS Forms. At present MS Forms has no preview Facility given with File upload option.

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

39 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow us to delete items (files) in the share screen for general meetings.

Allow us to delete the numerous files listed in the share screen for general meeting (I'm not referring to chats).

557 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

168 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Upload files to multiple channels at the same time

When posting a message please allow us to upload a file to multiple channels.
    Currently if you attach a file to a message you can only post it to one channel. Many teachers are responsible for multiple classes in the same grade. Having to go and upload a file to each team and channel one by one is very time consuming.

202 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Playback Speed

We want feature give us the ability to change video speed (slow down/speed up). It'll be very useful and also it easy for you to make it real NOW days.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Let .pdf presentations to be shared in Teams (currently Powerpoint only is supported)!

Hi,

I use .pdf slides (written in LaTeX, lots of equations, tables etc.) in my classrooms, yet I cannot share them because only Powerpoint is supported, so far. It would be great to make .pdf presentations shareable in Teams.

166 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Speed of recorded videos

I am currently using teams on linux and i dont know if this is available on windows version or not but it would be really helpful if we can set speed to play recorded videos like 2x,1.5x and could also choose the quality at which videos is playing

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. put a playback speed modification tool when streaming lectures videos

hi, when watching videos classes make it easy to open and watch and please put a playback speed modification tool when watching it so we do not have to download all the videos from all classes, this feature was when classes used classroom and it is not here please add it.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Enable all users to be able to choose the type of team they want to create. My app does not give me an option to create a classroom.

I am a teacher and I tried to create a classroom but I could not because there is no option for me to choose the type of team I want to create. How does one get that fixed?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Addition of a speed feature (alike youtube) in MS TEAMS for videos.

The recorded lectures uploaded in class materials are sometimes quite slow , so the speed feature could help us cover it fast . And even for the moments when one revises the chapters , the speed feature can help , watching the video at 1.25x or 1.5x speed.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add option to alter speed of video in teams desktop app

Add option to alter speed of video in teams desktop app so that we can view videos in *1.2, *1.5, *1.8, *2 speeds uploaded in class materials

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 692 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

140 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    great news!  ·  Lauren Kuan responded

I’m very happy to announce that the Class Materials folder is now available on iOS and Android devices! Go to the Microsoft Teams app to now see the Class Materials folder.

13. Better navigation to folder

We have folders within folders and everytime I go to the same document in a specific folder I waste 5 minutes pressing folders. Can we add a favorites tab or a most used folders tab?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Increase the default tab length on "Name" in the files section

In the files section of a team, there is a list of files similar to the normal windows file explorer, with 3 tabs, "Name", "Modified" and "Modified by". I often have to make the length of the "Name" tab longer so that the full names of files are visible. By default, the total combined length of the 3 tabs doesn't come close to taking up the whole page.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. To remove a bug that is turning the download system off after few downloads.

Bug Removal

Many students need to download the files from teams and there is a bug that is not letting them download all the content in a file at once. Even when I try to download everything in a zipped file then also I am not getting all the files.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Onedrive file browser date doesn't sort "Today" correctly

When attaching a document to turn in for an assignment from Onedrive the date does sort correctly and does not show "Today" at the top, but is somewhere in the middle. (not even the bottom, seems to be a random spot.)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Navigating the file system

Please for the love of all that is good can you change the way the file system works on Teams? If I close a file that is within multiple folders eg: Class Materials >> Exercises >> Week 2 >> Algebraic Equations >> Introduction.docx << please do not take me all the way back to the Class Materials folder! It takes forever for me to get all the way back to the innermost folder. When I close the document leave me in the folder that it is in!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. onedrive files alphabetical

Currently, when you open OneDrive or the local computer option for uploading files, they no longer appear alphabetical. This makes it really difficult to locate file folders if you have a lot (and I do). Can the hierarchy remain alphabetical just like when you open Onedrive?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Inconvenience with file previewing

Whenever I preview a file from the 'Files' section in any team and I decide to preview another file it resets me to the general files folder. In my opinion this creates major inconvenience. Instead when one closes the file it should lead the user to the selected files folder.
    Thanks for your customer care.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 34 35
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base