Schools and Universities

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams for Schools & Universities. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. reply to messages

much like whatsapp where you can reply to a specific message and that particular message will be quoted alongside the reply. Also the function to reply privately to a message sent in a group setting would be helpful

563 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

50 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Teams & Chat: Add more to context menu

Really tired of copying and pasting formatting into my Teams Chats. Can we get some more choices in the context menu? How about the choices we see in Office 365? or just "Paste as plain text" or "paste w/o formatting."

Thanks,

Chris

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. improve pop out chat

I'm glad I have a pop out chat option now! But it's terribly implemented. Any time I have to leave what I am working on to go chat (or to go POP OUT a chat) is a hassle.

Improvements:

1) Ability to pop out the entire chat function. All of the chats, one window (or pop out of that window), separate from the teams app. Then you don't need a whole bunch of pop out chat windows.

2) Pop out from banner notification. If I get a chat notification I want to be able to pop it out from the…

138 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Blocking Users

This feature would give each user a chance to block people who are messaging them. It might be useful for people who are getting spammed. The mute feature silences a chat but I think that it is also necessary to block someone altogether, similar to how it is possible to block someone on WhatsApp.

153 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Delete chat where students post bullying, verbal abuse or profane words or/and phrases

It will sometimes be necessary to delete chats that students have created. As Teams administrator, we want to be able to delete reported chats that contain bullying, verbal abuse or profane words or/and phrases either in the chat itself or in the chat title. Even in renaming chat titles, system messages will display previously profane words and phrases that need to be deleted

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Schedule when your Post appears

Allow the ability to schedule when a post (or new conversation in Posts) appears similar to how Assignments can be scheduled. This will further help automate daily tasks for teachers.

157 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Thumbs down available on the emoji shortlist panel in chat

Teams chat is our primary means of communication. We need a thumbs down option in the shortlist attached to comments. We acknowledge that it is available to include in chat, but we need it to be able to respond directly to a message/comment.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Team chat as a popout.

When I am grading or doing other work on Teams and a student chat message pops up, I would like to quickly read it and come back to the work I was doing, but I have to leave the page to read the chat message. Would it be possible to create a popout chat feature for times when we are working within the Teams platform and don't want to leave our page?

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I want an option to delete chats.

I would really like an option to delete chats. there are some people who I would like to lose all contact with, to have them NEVER text me again. I am confused as to why there no option to do so already. so far I have 4 chats that I wish to delete, and I want to have space for the chats I actually use! The only option is to "hide chats" but as soon as the text again, the chat just reappears! tell me Microsoft, WHAT IS THE POINT OF THAT? I look forwards to seeing this option added.…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Thumbs Down/Dislike Reaction

Add a thumbs down/dislike reaction for messaging. The angry and sad emoticons often aren't appropriate for expressing disapproval. A thumbs down or dislike reaction would be more useful for professional, academic, and recreational conversation.

71 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Forums in Teams

Discussion forums should be added to Teams!

169 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add an option to meetings to allow people to remain in chat when joining by link

In response to
    Feature ID: 68853
    "Microsoft Teams: Update to meeting participant's access to meeting chat

When a person joins a meeting using a link, such as created by Outlook or their LMS, the person only has access to the chat for as long as they are active in the meeting. Once they leave the meeting, they are also removed from the chat.

This was a significant change to spring on us. We were using the old behavior to build communities. We would post the link to a weekly hour-long recurring meeting, open to all faculty. Those that were interested…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. It would have been awesome to add an option to delete a message in chat of Microsoft Teams

Some times you can type something by mistake or did not want to send something as some one already has send. So please add a option to delete a message in chat of Microsoft Teams

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. You Should Add An Option to Delete Chats And Disable Chat Notifications

You Should Add An Option to Delete Chats And Disable Chat Notifications

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. allow more emoji as reactons

It would be handy to have a full set of emoji to use as reactions to messages, as the limited set provides limited options for expressing our reaction to a message.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Question mark

On message reactions you should have a question mark reaction so if someone does not get what something means they can react with the question mark so other people know that they don't understand. That is why I think we should have a question mark reaction.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Message pop up in front of student

A way to send a message to the student but not in the chat box. For it to pop up in front of them. Sometimes we need for kinder kids to click on a link, but they have a hard time locating chat box. Or we might need to grab the attention of a child through a private message that pops in front of them right away.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Seperate private chats from teams meeting chats

Currently the chat shows all chats from private messages and teams meeting chats. The only options right now are to show recent, contacts, and filter by name. Can there be an option to filter direct contact chats from the teams meeting chats. or have them as a separate tab such as teams meetings tab and the chat tab.

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Pop out teams

It would be verry nice if you could pop out a entire team. mutch like popping out a chat.

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. implement more emoji reactions for messages.

rather than using a "laugh" or "like" or "angry" reaction, adding more emojis like a facepalm would be good to better express emotion. a question mark reaction would also be excellent.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 70 71
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base