Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make Class Materials folder accessible through Teams mobile apps

Currently the Class Materials read only folder is not accessible in Teams IOS app

152 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

41 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for everyone’s feedback. We are actively working on this. In the meantime, please use the desktop Teams app or the mobile SharePoint app to access Class Materials.
    (‘Class Materials’ can be found underneath Pages in SharePoint’s navigation.)

2. Submitting of a task on a restricted network

Can Microsoft make it possible to let users deliver tasks on a restricted network (when taking tests/exams) while access to chat/files (and such) in the Teams app still is restricted/unaccessable?

118 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Rubric should calculate partial points

If my rubric contains partial credit, such as 0.5 points for an answer that is somewhat correct, the rubric does not calculate the partial points. It rounds down to the nearest whole number. If Teams is going to allow me to put 0.5 points in as a potential score for a category, it should calculate it correctly.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow for planner to be a tab in a private channel

We love the new feature to have private channels within a team although at the moment we aren't able to add a Planner as a tab within a private channel. This would be great otherwise a few of our team members need to create a separate team in order to achieve this.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Blinking Notification on Teams Taskbar

When receiving a IM message within Teams, it would be nice for one of the settings to be a blinking notification in the task bar after the original message pops on the screen. Similar to Skype for Business, it would draw my attention to the fact that I have a pending message. It would be nice for that to be a feature under each notification section so someone could turn that on and be alerted with a blinking update notification.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. More background options for Announcement banners in the Conversation Tab

It would be great to have more background options for the Announcements I post in the Conversations tab on Teams. I enjoy the current options, but can only post the fire-breathing dragon so many times before it is no longer novel and eye-catching.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Teams overview landing page/tab

When clicking on a teams in MS Teams, rather than land in the General channel smack bang in the middle of conversations, can each team have an overview tab, outlining most active conversation, most recent files, most active members, a channel message pinned at the top, tasks, etc

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. allow channel moderators to delete messages, manage the file section, and create and remove tabs

Teams currently has a section in settings where you can set various permissions for members. It would be nice to have the same settings for a moderator in a channel. For example, allow moderators to create and remove tabs, manage the file section i.e. create, upload, and delete files, and allow moderators to approve messages from members before they are posted in a channel, as well as delete messages.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. video

I would like to be able to see video from all participants in a meeting/ call at the same time. Currently in a Teams call, we can only see a few participants video stream even if there are many more on the call.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. show on card

Can only pick one tick box to show on card out of the options "notes" and "Checklists:. I think in some instances it could be beneficial to have both notes and checklist available to see from the board view.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Making a Team: which option do I pick? (reducing failure demand)

In an education tenant, we get four options for Teams: Class, PLC, Staff, and Other (the option formerly known as Anyone).

It would be really useful if:

1. There could be a hyperlink below the options that said something like "Not sure what to pick? Click here to find out more." That could go by default to the Microsoft article.

2. If that URL could be customised to point to a URL of the tenant admin's choice, that would be excellent.

We're seeing people getting confused by the options and once you've created your Team, you cannot change it. This causes calls…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Multiple Screen Share

In Teams you can only share one screen at a time. I work in an office where we use 2-3 screens. Being able to share multiple screens at one time would be very beneficial.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. private channels need to be able to schedule meetings and record the video of the meeting.

private channels need to be able to schedule meetings and record the video of the meeting.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Reply to specific comments in chat thread

Please add an option in chat that allows you to link your reply to a specific comment so that in group conversations you can reply to a comment that may be further up the chat feed.

This is possible in the mobile chat, but I cannot yet see it in the desktop or browser version.

Thanks

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Shifts Clock on Desktop

The time clock function on Shifts is only functional for mobile devices. We cannot ask our employees to use their personal phones or data in order to clock in/out. Additionally, this also assumes the privilege that front line employees have a smart phone with app capabilities. Can we please have the clock in/out function be workable for a desktop PC?

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Rubrics recorded in grade book

Rubrics are great. I know if I add points this will be added to the gradebook that I can download, but I would like the boxes I click on in the rubric recorded in the markbook as well so I dont need to go into each individual student to view what I assigned in the rubric.

Thanks

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Need to enable single submissions of assignments

It would be helpful to be able to limit the permitted number of submissions of assignments to a single one. This to prohibit that students who finish an exam and upload their files before the deadline swap their files after leaving the classroom.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Proactively looking out for students (bullying, safe chats, etc.)

I have recently learned about Teams education (only yesterday in fact!) and I asked if there is already some sort of protection in place for student chats. Turns out that there is no such thing yet, which is why I wanted to post my idea here.

1) Add a combination of text analysis and sentiment analysis to student chats to detect bullying or any signs of depressions within the text messages. This will be build on top of an ML model so that every time something is flagged up - for e.g. bullying - the teacher can approve/reject the suggestion…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. WE NEED ANOTHER ASSIGNMENTS TAB TO DIFFERENTIATE BETWEEN HOMEWORK AND CLASSWORK

WE NEED ANOTHER ASSIGNMENTS TAB TO DIFFERENTIATE BETWEEN HOMEWORK AND CLASSWORK

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add functionality to the Whiteboard

The Whiteboard would be more useful with the ability to: 1) paste an image or anything onto the whiteboard. 2) insert a text box, 3) move what's on the whiteboard to a different area on the whiteboard, 4) zoom in or out

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 136 137
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base