Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

How can we make Microsoft Teams better for your classroom and staff collaboration?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Submitting of a task on a restricted network

Can Microsoft make it possible to let users deliver tasks on a restricted network (when taking tests/exams) while access to chat/files (and such) in the Teams app still is restricted/unaccessable?

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Posibility to add new Document Library

I want it to be easier to add a new document library in a channel, besides the Files tab. If I click on the plus sign in the files menu, it is only possible to link to an existing document library. I wish that I also could create a new one without having to go to Sharepoint.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Assignments - Printing Comments and Feedback (for EV purposes)

Ability to print feedback view of an assignment with:

- The assignment itself

- Comments within the assignment

- Summative feedback comment at the end

This would be great for when people need to print off work for external verifiers.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Rubrics - Need ability to delete or edit

Need to be able to delete .a rubric from the list. If I make a mistake on a rubric I want to be able to delete it so I don't mistakenly use it again OR I need the ability to edit the version that shows up in the rubric list when assigning a rubric.

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Remove "Staff Notebook" from Microsoft Teams for Education

I am not sure if this is a bug or not but we are using Microsoft Teams educational licenses. We want to use the Teams for our internal staff departments first. For some reason the setup of teams includes extra educational features like it force creates a OneNote tab called "Staff Notebook" in the General channel of each team. the OneNote includes a lot of classroom type customization that we do not want/need. Our departments have their own OneNotes. I cannot delete Staff Notebook tab or even rename it. I can add and delete other OneNotes but we want a…

175 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. updating rubrics on assigments

As of right now, if you forget to create a rubric for an assignment, you can't go back and update the assignment to include a rubric.

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Duplicating a Team with existing files and content (creating a template course)

It would be nice to be able duplicate files and content as well from a previous Team (something that can be done now on Google Classroom). As it is now, one can duplicate a Team but is an empty shell. Having the possibility to duplicate all the files and other materials (minus students and assignments) could help curriculum managers create course templates for their teachers. This would speed up the Team creation process, especially for those courses that are frequently repeated within one academic year and for those colleges that have hundreds of short courses that repeat every term.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. The Sharepoint document connector should be allowed to map more than one level deep

The current Sharepoint document connector only allows for connecting one level off the root folder. It would be helpful to be able to map more than one folder deep. Being able to set up a document tab to be mapped to more folders down would make organizing some of our existing libraries in Teams much more useful.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Flag a message and add to ToDo App

Similar to email, it would be nice if you could flag a message as a task to be added to the ToDo app.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Additional user type in team for a class

I have created a team for a class that I am teaching. It will be very useful to enrol some users as TAs (teaching assistants). I would like to give these users privileges to grade and edit the assignment scores but will prefer that privileges for creating or deleting an assignment or editing the team settings to be with the owner. Several instructors in my university also face the same situation.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. LaTeX math input

Allow LaTeX math input into the Teams interface for Education customers.

Currently Edmodo allows some simple LaTeX code (as complex as those that amsmath package recognises!)

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. The ability to download or at least print a filled in rubric

The ability to download or at least print a filled in rubric. At the moment you can only download a blank one.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Option for an A-E marking guide

Our schooling system grades with an A-E system, I have been using either a 15-1 or 5-1 scale as a work around but would make grading and rubrics so much easier.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Replicate Shift

Ability to take a weekly schedule and replicate it over the rest of a month qtr or year. With a single command thus not having to copy and paste that shift to week. Also the ability to remove that shift in mass as well.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Attach file to feedback

I often provide video feedback to my students using a screenrecording app. It would be good if I could attach this file to the feedback, rather than emailing it separately.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Gradebook

The ability to see every student's score on every single assignment all in one place. Also, the ability to actually calculate grades into percents, categories, etc. on that page to use it as an actual gradebook.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. The term 'Assignments' is misleading.

This term does not capture contemporary Assessment for Learning techniques in which we elicit evidence of learning. Can we please replace with a more relevant and accurate term e.g. 'Learning Activity'

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow notifications for all posts in Conversations

It would be helpful for collaboration if students with the Teams app could receive notifications for all posts in the conversations section. Right now, we only receive notifications if someone replies to our post.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. change order of channels

The order that channels appear needs to be alpha-numeric or even better, allow the Team owner to sort the order of how channels appear for all users. Problem is if you have a channel for each year group (e.g. year 9, year 10, year 11 etc) then they appear as year 10, year 11, year 9. Not very intuitive!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Students removed from Teams should be automatically removed from the Class Notebook

Students removed from a Team should automatically be removed from the Class Notebook within that Team. This will make new semesters/school years much easier to navigate.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 112 113
  • Don't see your idea?

Schools and Universities

Feedback and Knowledge Base