Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make Class Materials folder accessible through Teams IOS app

Currently the Class Materials read only folder is not accessible in Teams IOS app

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

planned  ·  14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Submitting of a task on a restricted network

Can Microsoft make it possible to let users deliver tasks on a restricted network (when taking tests/exams) while access to chat/files (and such) in the Teams app still is restricted/unaccessable?

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Blinking Notification on Teams Taskbar

When receiving a IM message within Teams, it would be nice for one of the settings to be a blinking notification in the task bar after the original message pops on the screen. Similar to Skype for Business, it would draw my attention to the fact that I have a pending message. It would be nice for that to be a feature under each notification section so someone could turn that on and be alerted with a blinking update notification.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Moodle  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Multiple Screen Share

In Teams you can only share one screen at a time. I work in an office where we use 2-3 screens. Being able to share multiple screens at one time would be very beneficial.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Priority Messages in Channel Conversations

The New Urgent Message Priority should also be added to channel conversations!!!!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Jag önskar att man ska kunna lägga in uppgifter under de olika kanalerna i teams.

Jag önskar att man ska kunna lägga in uppgifter under de olika kanalerna i teams.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Posibility to add new Document Library

I want it to be easier to add a new document library in a channel, besides the Files tab. If I click on the plus sign in the files menu, it is only possible to link to an existing document library. I wish that I also could create a new one without having to go to Sharepoint.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Assignments - Printing Comments and Feedback (for EV purposes)

Ability to print feedback view of an assignment with:

- The assignment itself

- Comments within the assignment

- Summative feedback comment at the end

This would be great for when people need to print off work for external verifiers.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Remove "Staff Notebook" from Microsoft Teams for Education

I am not sure if this is a bug or not but we are using Microsoft Teams educational licenses. We want to use the Teams for our internal staff departments first. For some reason the setup of teams includes extra educational features like it force creates a OneNote tab called "Staff Notebook" in the General channel of each team. the OneNote includes a lot of classroom type customization that we do not want/need. Our departments have their own OneNotes. I cannot delete Staff Notebook tab or even rename it. I can add and delete other OneNotes but we want a…

206 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone! If you do not want to use the OneNote Staff Notebook or any of the other default tabs across the various team types, we suggest creating an ‘Anyone’ team instead.

The ‘Anyone’ team will not include any add-ons by default and gives you the flexibility to use Teams however you would like. We understand that there are so many other ways you can use Teams that does not fit the Class/PLC/Staff team template. So ‘Anyone’ will be your best option!

More information on the different team types in Teams for Education can be found here: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/choose-a-team-type-to-collaborate-in-microsoft-teams-0a971053-d640-4555-9fd7-f785c2b99e67

Feel free to reply back here if you have additional feedback.

Thank you!
    Justin

10. Turnitin integration with Microsoft Teams to facilitate blind marking on assignments

Turnitin integration with Microsoft Teams to facilitate blind marking on assignments

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add Sync to the Team Option that syncs at the "Document" level

Instead of adding a sync button in the "files" area and then having to sync each channel, just put a "sync all files" menu option on the Teams option menu. This should sync at the SharePoint "documents" level, this way I get all new added channels.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Flag a message and add to ToDo App

Similar to email, it would be nice if you could flag a message as a task to be added to the ToDo app.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Mute timer

I would like to set the timer so that my students are automatically muted after a set time eg at the end of the lesson rather than having to go back in at the end of the session to switch it on

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. updating rubrics on assigments

As of right now, if you forget to create a rubric for an assignment, you can't go back and update the assignment to include a rubric.

55 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Teams - Supprimer ou masquer l'onglet "Bloc note pour le personnel enseignant"

Si possible de permettre de supprimer ou masquer l'onglet "Bloc note pour le personnel enseignant" une fois l'équipe créée avec le type "Membres du personnel".
    =========
    Lors de la création d'une équipe, on peut sélectionner "Membre du personnel: Responsables et membres du personnel collaborent sur le développement et l’administration de l'école".

L'équipe créée possède ensuite un onglet "Bloc note pour le personnel enseignant". Il n'est pas possible de supprimer l'onglet malgré le fait que l'équipe n'est pas nécessairement pour un enseignant.

Dans le tableau de la documentation en ligne, il est inscrit que le type d'équipe se nomme "pour les…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Grid view needs improvements

The new grid view that was rolled out and made the default for EDU customers needs the following improvements:
    -A way to see when new posts have occurred in other teams besides going back to the All Teams view. Currently we are getting a ton of complaints as when you are on a Team in Grid view, it suppresses everything else so people aren't seeing new posts near as quick as the old view.
    -While in Grid view, make it more obvious when a Team has new posts. Currently it bolds the team but this doesn't seem to be a…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Send notifications when assignments are turned in

I would find it very useful to get notifications when assignments were turned in or due.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. There will be an option where team member's may be assigned to Channel/s instead of having access to all.

At the moment, when you add members to a team everybody can view the different channels created within the team. For example I will create a team with 3 members. These members will have access to all channels. I want to add a member (guest) but I want her to be able to access only a certain channel within the team. The only way right now is to add her to the team but she will be able to access everything instead of the specific channel which I want her to access. So I suggest that there will be an…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Duplicating a Team with existing files and content (creating a template course)

It would be nice to be able duplicate files and content as well from a previous Team (something that can be done now on Google Classroom). As it is now, one can duplicate a Team but is an empty shell. Having the possibility to duplicate all the files and other materials (minus students and assignments) could help curriculum managers create course templates for their teachers. This would speed up the Team creation process, especially for those courses that are frequently repeated within one academic year and for those colleges that have hundreds of short courses that repeat every term.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. sketch freely on students' assignment (irrespective of file type)

While reviewing studying students' assignments in the assignment tab,
    is it possible to mark students' work by sketching (as if we are marking on paper), for most file types (such as pdf, docx, txt, jpg, ...)?

On paper, we can put a tick, a cross, an arrow, add some comments,
    cross out certain words, correct some mistakes, ...

It will be great, if we can do the same in Teams assignment.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 120 121
  • Don't see your idea?

Schools and Universities

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.