Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Calendar start of week change

It would be helpful if we could change the day that our week starts. We start the week on a Sunday. We are able to do this on Outlook. It would be helpful to also be able to do this on Teams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Use organization's own exchange server calendar

Our university runs their own Exchange servers (mail, calendar, whatnot) and this has been explained as the reason why our Teams does not have "Calendar" button on the left-side menu. As you surely understand, this has a horrendous impact on the solution as an educational tool, not being able to schedule lectures and other calendar based features being absent.

Could it be possible to offer an organization running their own Exchange servers a way to use those - both being MS products and all?

Or if there are other workarounds to this dilemma, those would also be tremendously valuable to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Choose own preference to time setting

In Calendar, one should be able to choose what time setting they prefer. I dislike using the 24hr clock for scheduling. Currently, there does not seem to be an option. There is an option for language preference, it should be for the time setting as well.

In BC, Canada, the majority of schools typically use the 12 hr clock to create Day Plans.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Why does meeting get deleted if I RSVP 'No'?

Is there a way to NOT delete a meeting if I respond 'No' to the RSVP?
    I cannot attend the meeting; however, I still want to remember that the meeting took place so that I can follow up afterwards. I still want the meeting to remain in my calendar. Is there a way to keep the meeting on the calendar even though my RSVP was 'No?'

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Adding a Calendar meeting to your Classroom Team only

I would like to be able to invite my students to office hours. I would like it to be a recurring event that pops up in the student calendar and they just click on the link. Currently any calendar invites all the staff as well as any students suggested. I want to be able to invite the members of the team (students in the team) only.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Distribution list

Include outlook distribution list option when sending invites through the calendar feature within the app. Or, allow to tie the invite to a team when using the outlook app to create teams meetings.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. english language with 24 hour time notation

We are located in the Netherlands and use the 24h time notation (23:20) and we communicate in English, for this we use English (US). However in Teams if you select English (US) you automatically get the 12h AM/PM time and you cannot change it. If I want the 24h time notification I need to select Dutch but then my Teams client will operate in the Dutch language which I do not want.
    So please create two different settings. One for the language and one for the time format.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Please do not automatically add every meeting in every team I am part of, in my Outlook calendar!

I am in a team for every class at the high school I teach. I now get an invite in my Outlook INbox for every meeting that is scheduled, also by other teachers, I solved that by making rules to put them in a different folder.
    Still, every meeting is automatically put in my Outlook calendar! This means like 40 meetings at the same time sometimes, 8 times a day. I cannot find my real appointments anymore! I don't have time to reject each meeting!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Ability to mute (turn off / on) Team Calendar events as an Owner of multiple Teams

As an Administrator, I need to have access to my teachers Teams (i.e. online classrooms), but I do not want to see all of their various Team calendar events on my Outlook Calendar (way too much info on my calendar.) I would like to have the option turn off or on a calendar view of any Team's classroom calendar on my end (on my personal Outlook Calendar) just as I can for any other shared calendar.

Please help! I can't use my own calendar effectively because there is now too much on it and I can filter out Team calendar…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Canvas Calendar

Hello! I am scheduling meetings through external tools on Canvas. However, the meetings do not show up on my Microsoft Teams calendar even though it is asking for dates and times. I am having to go into both calendars. Please help streamline the process.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 24 Hour time and Week long schedule

In the calendar, you can currently view up to one week at a time without clicking or tapping a button to move on to the next week. I wish there was a function to make the calendar a 1 month view. I can then see my whole schedule as a bigger picture. I would also like to address the feature of 12 hour time. Currently there is only 24 hour time; Which I have no problem with but a few of my clients and co-workers are annoyed as this is something they aren't used to. If there is a function…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Calendar edit

Allow me to post something for students (like a lesson plan) that they can see, but not edit, and didn't send an invite to everyone in the team. It would just show up on everyone's calendar.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Attendees in calendar invite

Need to be able to add everyone as attendees for a calendar invite from a channel by either selecting the team or channel in attendees field or by copy paste from word or excel. Right now it is laborious having to manually copy and paste each email into attendees (most of my attendees are guests). Need to ensue it gets into their emails and calendars. Not everyone is used to technology or Teams.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Live event calendar invite

At the moment it seems that in the Live Event setup, a calendar invite is not automatically sent in the creation of the event.
    It would be great to have that feature included in the setup.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. there should be a schedule

there should be a schedule

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Scheduling meetings

Make an option that allows you to make meetings only during the weekdays on Microsoft teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Share link for an event/meeting/conference, so you can share it to people not in your team/channel

Sharing events/meeting/chat conferences so other people can join in.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Viewing Meetings Automatically for New Added User

When we set a meeting to calendar, all team members can see the meeting. But when we add a new member to team, he must find all of the meetings in the chat and click to 'Add to Calendar' button for listing on the calendar. Please help us for this.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Channel meetings automatically in calender

When I make a meeting for a channel, it would be very handy that the meeting appears in everyone's) from the team) calender.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base