Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Assignment to calendar

It would be Berger if the assigments where in calendar

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. hi

it is cool

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Wiki style team calendar access in Teams - restricted to people on the team

Shared calendars have been painful for years and they shouldn't have to be. Let's not worry about integration into Outlook. Let's build an easy to use wiki style calendar which can be accessed in Teams just for people in a particular Team - everyone can post, modify, change - and it can become a central location for group events. We really require this with coronavirus as an easy to access and easy to use calendar for separate teams. Basically as we work from home we want to schedule all work which has to be done in the office in a…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Calendar functionality

Is there a way for us to be able to copy a calendar entry (with all the attendees and meeting settings - like teacher only presenter etc) to paste in a new lesson slot, rather than recreating it every time? In South Africa we don't see our classes at the same time every day, so a repeat function doesn't work.
    Can we customise our lesson slots to for our lesson times? For example, our lessons are 45 minutes long, starting at 7.40am with two breaks during the day. Can we customise our work hours to make it easier to input…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. We really need the ability to create a meeting on a private channel. Also kindly add the ability to attach in meeting invitations

We really need the ability to create a meeting on a private channel. Also kindly add the ability to attach in meeting invitations

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. a calender

a calendar for teachers to post when meetings are, when assignments are due and when tests are

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add Group Calendar w/ Calendar Tab in Teams that is specific to the Team; not a culmination of private calendars.

Many teams have due dates or calendar items that are unique to the specific team. It would be nice to be able to add a Calendar tab to Teams that would allow this activity to occur. I don't want to integrate personal Outlook calendars with the team calendar. I want to be able to have a blank calendar specific to the Team that we can post Team-related information on. Does not need to Sync with anything else.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. month view

A monthly view in the calendar would be incredibly helpful. I'm very surprised that this simple option doesn't exist. Please add this

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Assignments into Calendar

It would be great if are assignments got put automatically into our calendar so that we could be able to see all of our assignmets at one so that we can plan accordingly

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Only allow meeting owners to begin and end meetings. We are having problems with pupils starting meetings really early.

Allow only meeting owners to start and end meetings so pupils cannot begin without the teacher present or carry on chatting afterwards.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. display of due assinments

Every single student, in order to check or look up any assinments has to enter EVERY SINGLE team they are in. Therefore it is easy to miss a due date because you didn't enter a specific teams. Students on many occations get surprised when their undone homework is sent back to them, until then they don't realise one existed. So by putting each due assinment in a grid or calendar it would be visually easy to see if you have anu homewok for the given day. You won't have to access every single team, all of them are on one,…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Assignment due dates in Calendar

Can you please link Assignment due dates to the calendar. It would be very helpful for students and staff alike to have one place where they can see when everything is happening.

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The biggest complaint we get from students and parents is not being able to see due dates of assignments on the calendar.

Right now we can only see meetings in the calendar. Parents and students are requesting to also see their due dates for assignments. They have several teams to jump back and forth to see assignments. This would make things much more manageable.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Seperately turn on or off all "team meetings" of a particular team or channel in my calendar

Allow me to show or unshow calendar items based on the team or channel in which they were created, especially if they weren't specifically addressed to me. If I'm not particularly active in a certain channel, I should be able to unshow their meetings in my calender.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Sync outlook calendar with Teams Calendar

I'm trying to sync my school outlook calendar to my teams calendar. However, it seem like I cannot do it. In saying that, my teams calendar syncs to my outlook calendar.

Can we possibility look at getting this integrated?

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Calendar start of week change

It would be helpful if we could change the day that our week starts. We start the week on a Sunday. We are able to do this on Outlook. It would be helpful to also be able to do this on Teams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base