Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. File navigation

Global back button takes you back to the former tab. Should take you back to the super or subfolder you were just in.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Show cloud storage in Files on mobile

The SharePoint folder in the Files tab on the mobile apps is not visible.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. computer at work

My personal files are made from home PCs that appear on the computer at work.
    I find it hard to control personal files and shared files.
    I think there should be a symbol or a prominent display option on the menu bar.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. copy and paste files

fairly simple, but essential for file management with multiple classes!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Can I get notification when new files are added to a channel I am following?

I would like to know when someone modifies files or uploads new files in the channels I am following

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please allow folders to be moved to a new location, not just files.

When you click on a file, there are loads of lovely options that pop up, including "move." This needs to be expanded to whole folders so we don't need to recreate the folder system if we need to move one (or more) folders.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Print to OneNote from files in Teams

When I open a file shared with me in Teams, I can't print it to OneNote without downloading and saving it elsewhere first. I would like to minimize the locations where documents are saved. Could you please put in a Print / Print to OneNote option?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow text highlighting/copy and paste from OneDrive files viewed in Teams

When I choose Files on the far left menu, and choose a file to view, I cannot highlight text in it and copy and paste it unless I choose one of the Edit options. We would like our team members to be able to copy and paste from this view without accidentally deleting or changing something. Is it possible to add the capability of highlighting text when you are just viewing the document, without having to switch to an editable version?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Have an option of renaming files and deleting files in the mobile app.

The desktop app has an option of renaming and deleting files where as the mobile app doesn't.
    That option should be available for the mobile app too.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. View of the files uploaded in Microsoft Teams ought to no longer be tormented by the theme selected. (Please vote)

(Use of the link is given on the end of the article)

By https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/users/2323166872-microsoftuser1,

I am writing this to @microsoftteams.uservoice.com and the crew hoping that they'll solve my problem. I have a proposal. It's that I have selected the "High contrast" mode for my view. It's very nice! No doubt :). Just I have a hassle while opening the documents uploaded in files or class notebook! :( …
    Each time I open the files the whole file opens up in a high contrast mode - which even changes the view and is a "trouble"! So my opinion is that…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Choose download location for files attached to a channel.

Add a setting to be able to choose where you files should be downloaded, or at least prompt the user when a download is initiated.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add Download Progress Meter.

addition of download progress meter along with the separate folder for saved files and meeting recordings.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Fonts unavailable in Teams - PowerPoint looks terrible after upload

When a PowerPoint looks wonderful in the app and online versions, then looks terrible and unreadable when uploaded to Teams because all the FONTS have been replaced by limited selection in Teams. Please give the same FONT choice in Teams as in PowerPoint to preserve the design and readability of PowerPoint slides.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Back/forward function for files in order to go between folders w/o going back to beginning each time

Please create a back/forward button for easy transition/interoperability within the file folders. As of now, if you're accessing a document within a parent file folder (e.g. file b), that's within a file folder (e.g. file a) , and want to go back once step (e.g. to file b), there is currently now way to do this. Rather, it takes you all the way back out to the start (e.g. to file a). It would be really helpful to have the same file folder functions as all of the other Microsoft office products (back/forward level at a time). I hope this…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Não estou conseguindo acessar os videos da plataforma teams pelo celular, os vídeos não carregam

Gostaria que a plataforma possa ser visualizada melhor pelo celular, pois temos muitos alunos que não tem um computador pra acessar e acabam sendo prejudicados

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Use (ctrl f) in files

I would like to be able to use (Ctrl f) to find specific words in files saved on Teams

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add "class materials" section in android app also. Right now its only visible in the desktop version

Add Class Materials folder in android app. Right now the feature is available only in desktop. Students miss the files uploaded there if they are only using android

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

great news!  ·  Lauren Kuan responded

I’m very happy to announce that the Class Materials folder is now available on iOS and Android devices! Go to the Microsoft Teams app to now see the Class Materials folder.

19. Enable a feature whereby children are not allowed to delete assignment or videos uploaded by the teachers

It seems that children are accidentally deleting the class material, videos etc loaded on Teams by the teachers. Perhaps a function can be added whereby only teachers can delete videos or a function where deleting videos or material can be disabled by the parents to ensure that the work does not get lost.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Links don't work (PPSX,PDF Files) Teams Desktop

Hi everyone, my problem is this, I am using the TEAMS desktop application. I upload files with the extension "ppsx, pdf" to the files section of any group. Then I open these files in the application. After opening the application, I click on the links in the files with the extension "ppsx, pdf". The link does not work. In order to run the connection, I download the file to my desktop or use the TEAMS application via the web browser. I'm adding a sample video explaining my problem

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 31 32
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base