Schools and Universities

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams for Schools & Universities. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Files Download Management

Its great if there is a possibility monitor Files Download Progress, and enable the user to Cancel Download and Pause Download if needed.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make a playback speed button for all videos uploaded.

Many are using this app to upload their lectures. Their initial talking speed may be too slow for its listeners. This will 100% make everyone's life easier and happier.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. recall One Note pages

There needs to be a way to recall One Note pages as easily as distributing them. When I delete an assignment, I want it to automatically delete any One Note pages that were distributed with the assignment. Or, if I distribute a page to the Class Notebook, there should be an easy way to recall pages from student notebooks. Distributing pages in only a couple of clicks, but there is not option to recall or remove pages without going in to each students' notebook and deleting the pages manually. That is a huge amount of time with 150 student notebooks.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Private HIDDEN Folder for Teachers Only

In files, there's a "Class Materials" folder that is a read-only folder. This folder is visible to all members of a channel.

I want to request another shared folder that is private under "Class Materials" with the ability to view, read, and edit by teachers only. This folder should be HIDDEN from all students and only visible to teachers.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Files downloads flexibility

Maybe allow drag and drop downloads. For example, drag the file from Teams into our personal folders on our desktop and have it downloaded directly. Instead of clicking download and having to always fetch our files from "Downloads" folder. This feature was available from Microsoft Outlook. It will help me a lot in terms of my productivity if I have multiple files or multiple folders to download files from. Thank you!!!! I really like TEAMS so far. Its very versatile and easy to use

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Move/copy folder from one team to another

Ability to move or copy a folder in the files tab from one team to another team, not just files.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. After clicking on the downloaded file icon, the file location should highlight the downloaded file.

Currently clicking on 'file downloaded' only opens the destination folder, it doesn't highlight the actual file which has just been downloaded, which means we need to then do a search within the folder to find the downloaded file. Clicking on 'file downloaded' notification should take us directly to the destionation folder and the downloaded file should be highlighted for us to easily locate.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. uploading multiple files at once to a file folder

Please add a feature to allow us to upload multiple files to a Teams folder with one upload click.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Class materials folder on mobile

Make Class Materials Accessable through the Android Mobile App

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

great news!  ·  Lauren Kuan responded

I’m very happy to announce that the Class Materials folder is now available on iOS and Android devices! Go to the Microsoft Teams app to now see the Class Materials folder.

10. Uploading files on mobile platforms

Some teachers are very frustrated at the fact that students cannot upload files because they are working through mobile platforms. I think that this should be a feature, especially since some people won't have access to computers during this time of crisis.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. pin files

It would be great to be able to pin files, like in the desktop apps, so you don't have to search through the list to find the last one you just had open.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add a URL LINK In TEAMS, under File>New.

In Files it is possible to add a word doc, excel, powerpoint, etc. I would like to have a feature that allows me to just add a url link that will take the user straight to a resource on-line or a website.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Make mobile users able to upload files to teams

Users being able to upload files from mobile

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please add the ability to add a Google Shared Drive to MS Teams files section

Please add the ability to add a Google Shared Drive to MS Teams files section

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Link Files tab in a channel to a different document library

I have created a new channel and I want to keep files in a separate document library for that channel and not a sub-folder of Documents. I am able to add a tab in that channel, but the original Files tab remains. What would be great is to be able to right-click files and link it to the separate document library (not Documents). Alternatively, it would be useful to remove or hide Files so that there is no confusion as to where to find files.Thank you.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow preview of submitted work of a Publisher File

Generate a preview of the submitted files from a Publisher document.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add document template on new file

I would like to add custom Microsoft Word template on the "New" dropdown list.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Easier access to changing files to view only

Files shared in team sites can be edited by all members. To change the sharing to view only you have to open in SharePoint - details -manage access. It would be much better to have the ability to change sharing type in the 'more options' list in Teams.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Needs a scheduled release of access to files so that I can upload all of my files at once and set a date for the students to be able to see

Needs a scheduled release of access to files so that I can upload all of my files at once and set a date for the students to be able to see

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Students should not be able to add or remove files in the Files Tab. Or let me add a view only OneDrive tab.

The files tab should be for the class content provided by the teacher. It should not collect all the attachments or pictures the students upload to the conversations tab. Also, it should not let student remover any file.

Or else let us add a onedrive tab for us to share files for the students.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base