Schools and Universities

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams for Schools & Universities. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Option to stay in Files tab when selecting another channel

When browsing through the files tab of a channel, you sometimes realise you need to look through other channels to find the files you are looking for. It would be good to be able to browse around the files tab of several channels without having it revert back to the conversations tab each time.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. File folders in Teams: same functionality as Windows Explorer

• Adding columns (e.g. author of the file) is not possible
    • Changing width of colums not possible
    • Sorting files of a folder has to be redone everytime you opened one of the files
    8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Files Shared with you on One Drive

Before we found out about Microsoft Teams, my teammate shared a One Drive folder with all the members of our team so that we can share and store our deliverables in a centralized storage.

After we found out about Microsoft Team, we wanted to still be able to access the shared One Drive within Microsoft Team so that we will not need to work with 2 separate platforms to store our deliverables.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow an existing Sharepoint to mapped to the team file tabe

Our organization works on SharePoint. We like the look of Teams but need files to work directly with SharePoint. While Teams is intended for a wide audience that may not have SharePoint Licenses, i.e. Students in a class, it would be nice to allow Teams creators to link the Files tab to an existing SharePoint or at the very least be able to delete/hide the files tab.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add Playback speed for media files

It would be great to have the option to either increase or decrease the playback speed of media files that are saved in the Files section of Teams. The build in media player has options for fullscreen and playback resolution, please add a speed option.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Channel selection when posting to multiple classes

When assigning to multiple classes, allow teachers to post to the same channel within each class (i.e., Chapter 1 channel)

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Hiding folders in class materials

Hello, We are currently moving at the moment from Moodle to Teams. A lot of our staff are asking about being able to hide folders in teams until they are needed in the class materials section.

Is this possible?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add student and assignment name to Files uploaded by a student

When a student uploads a file in Teams, the file keeps the random filename my student created. In many cases this is image.jpg or something like that. When you download the file, you end up with hundred of files with meaningless names. My students are 11, and they frequently forget to write their names.

With turnitin.com, when you download student work, the account name of the student is automatically appended to the file name.

It would be great if some kind of id information was appended to the filename so you could sort it easily.

Also, it woud be nice…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. with zoom , I was able to use my IPAD and /or phone as an external camera. I need to be able to do that with TEAMS..

I need to be able to use my IPAD /phone as an external camera, and /or access the activities i have on my ipad so that I can use more materials when I am working one on one with a student. .

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Sync with Teams Files to Local Machine

There is a button in SharePoint that will sync a SharePoint folder with a local computer folder using the OneDrive Sync Client. To do this, I have to open Teams > Channel > Files tab > Open with SharePoint > Sign in > Sync > Choose subfolders to sync. Can that button in SharePoint simply be put into Teams?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Limit access to a folder (and the files within) to specific members of a team

In some circumstances, there is data pertinent to the team's activities but the data contains sensitive information that should only be viewed by members with more seniority.

It would be nice in a circumstance like this to create a folder and be able to adjust permissions to limit who can access and who can edit.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Inserting files into the Teams OneNote from the Teams Files area.

To be able to insert files directly from the Teams 'Files' area within the Teams 'OneNote'. Presently this can only be done by downloading and then uploading.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. a hyperlink option in reply would be fantastic

have the option to hyperlink files

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Change Playback Speed for uploaded Vedios

It would be great if we can increase/dec speed of video added in class material or files section.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Choose download location for files attached to a channel.

Add a setting to be able to choose where you files should be downloaded, or at least prompt the user when a download is initiated.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add Download Progress Meter.

addition of download progress meter along with the separate folder for saved files and meeting recordings.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. recall One Note pages

There needs to be a way to recall One Note pages as easily as distributing them. When I delete an assignment, I want it to automatically delete any One Note pages that were distributed with the assignment. Or, if I distribute a page to the Class Notebook, there should be an easy way to recall pages from student notebooks. Distributing pages in only a couple of clicks, but there is not option to recall or remove pages without going in to each students' notebook and deleting the pages manually. That is a huge amount of time with 150 student notebooks.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Private HIDDEN Folder for Teachers Only

In files, there's a "Class Materials" folder that is a read-only folder. This folder is visible to all members of a channel.

I want to request another shared folder that is private under "Class Materials" with the ability to view, read, and edit by teachers only. This folder should be HIDDEN from all students and only visible to teachers.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. After clicking on the downloaded file icon, the file location should highlight the downloaded file.

Currently clicking on 'file downloaded' only opens the destination folder, it doesn't highlight the actual file which has just been downloaded, which means we need to then do a search within the folder to find the downloaded file. Clicking on 'file downloaded' notification should take us directly to the destionation folder and the downloaded file should be highlighted for us to easily locate.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base