Schools and Universities

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams for Schools & Universities. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I would like to receive notifications when files are uploaded.

As of right now, I receive no notifications when a file is uploaded. I searched notification settings and do not see this as an option. Please allow this option as it is a necessity for those of us who work remotely and need to share files.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Link to OneDrive Folder

Please allow to add OneDrive specific folder to the "File" tab. Since some common teaching materials store in OneDrive / SharePoint document library appear in different teams.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make the Files Tab Files and Chat Files Tab Files consistent with each other

When editing a common file between our team, we confused the files in the "File tab" and the "Chat File Tab" as being the same files. This caused some miscommunication between teammates and lead to a paper not fully integrated with each team member's ideas. I would really appreciate personally if Microsoft could make the files consistent among both tabs. Thank you!

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. A counter to see how many students have downloaded a file in Teams

It would be great to have a counter to see how many students have downloaded a files or viewed a file I have uploaded as the teacher into the files section of Teams

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Users need method to open downloaded file/folder

When one downloads a file in the desktop app, such as an image from a thread, a pop-up notification says that the file was downloaded, but gives no inkling of where it was downloaded to. Some of our less technical users will find this extremely befuddling. "Where did the file go? Maybe I need to click Download again. And again, and again... Now I'll call IT."

Clicking the download notification should pop open Windows Explorer to the location that the file was saved in (i.e. Downloads), or open the new file itself.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Dropping files in multiple teams at once

Hello- I'm a former google classroom user trying to adjust to Microsoft teams. Maybe I'm missing it, but I would love the ability to post/upload in a channel to multiple classes at once

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Open and work in multiple files simultaneously .

Now you can only open and edit 1 file. it would be good to have like a pop-out window for files you are working on.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. drag and drop files from teams into email

Hi There,
    We use teams in my office as a file storage center. I know there is a sharepoint or one drive site behind it, however, it is hard that you cannot have a file in teams and then drag and drop into an email. Would love to have this ability.

Thanks!

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Improve Google Drive integration

Improve the Google Drive integration. Often we can't open a Google Drive file within Teams, even if someone (such as myself) has posted it there, and shared it. Please make this work!

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Archiving Groups

My manager accidentally disbanded our group/team. Now all the conversation and files we had uploaded are all gone. Being able to archive that info and to restore or merge it to another group would be very helpful.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Option to load a FILE to multiple TEAMS at one time istead of repeating the process again and again.

A lot of wasted time reposting the same information to multiple TEAMS (aka Classes) Should have option to click to post files to multiple TEAMS (or classes) with a simple click.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Playback Speed

We want feature give us the ability to change video speed (slow down/speed up). It'll be very useful and also it easy for you to make it real NOW days.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. THERE SHOULD BE 'SEARCH' OPTION IN 'FILES' TAB

I want to see something on files tab, but cannot see instantly. So I ask you to please add the search option in the Files tab. Please. If you want your project best, please add. My request!!! And also, if I will search a file, then I will know that that file has been moved to which channel or folder and also that is the file has deleted?? Please

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. PPSX files should open as a PPSX in tabs

A PPSX file is a powerpoint that only opens as the "show" and not the powerpoint editor. It would be great to be able to post a PPSX file as a tab in teams. Right now my workaround is exporting the PPT as a PDF and using that as a tab. Not as elegant.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. make the class materials folder accessible through teams on ANDROID

I know this is available on IOS but it isn't currently on android

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

great news!  ·  Lauren Kuan responded

I’m very happy to announce that the Class Materials folder is now available on iOS and Android devices! Go to the Microsoft Teams app to now see the Class Materials folder.

16. Allow choice of where to save each file before downloading"

When user needs to download a file, often the user has a place in mind (other than Downloads) for the file. Allow user to choose to be asked where to save the downloaded file. This will often save steps for many users.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow notifications to be sent to students when the teacher posts a comment or file to Teams

I added my class to Teams and have been adding files and comments. My students are not seeing the comments and files I add, however, because they are not notified when I add something. I would love to have a way to make the default setting to send notifications to members of the group when I comment or post something in Teams.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Option to stay in Files tab when selecting another channel

When browsing through the files tab of a channel, you sometimes realise you need to look through other channels to find the files you are looking for. It would be good to be able to browse around the files tab of several channels without having it revert back to the conversations tab each time.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. File folders in Teams: same functionality as Windows Explorer

• Adding columns (e.g. author of the file) is not possible

• Changing width of colums not possible

• Sorting files of a folder has to be redone everytime you opened one of the files

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Files Shared with you on One Drive

Before we found out about Microsoft Teams, my teammate shared a One Drive folder with all the members of our team so that we can share and store our deliverables in a centralized storage.

After we found out about Microsoft Team, we wanted to still be able to access the shared One Drive within Microsoft Team so that we will not need to work with 2 separate platforms to store our deliverables.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base