Schools and Universities

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams for Schools & Universities. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. when you scroll a document like a pdf in microsoft teams the number of pages remain unchanged

when you scroll a document like a pdf in microsoft teams the number of pages remain unchanged

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Let it be made possible to add documents via the mobile app

I'm using teams for the first year and it seems to be be impossible to add documents or photos via the mobile phone. Can that functionality be added or activated??

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Documents downloading

I think that Whoever is uploading should have an option to either,
    Option 1: Let everyone edit the same document
    Option 2: That each student will have a copy, so they don't have to worry about editing others work.
    Teachers are very new to his but students are too sometimes, so we need some clear option to help this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Copy documents to one drive easily

We need to be able to copy assignment documents to a one drive space, similar to documents on a file

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Flags downloading from chat are in the way

when I download multiple files from chat, a flag pops up covering the downloads and I can't click the other downloads until the flags go away. Minor, but annoying.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. On the Files tab make the Open in SharePoint link optional

The Open in SharePoint link appears by default on the Files tab of each channel and it doesn't appear to be possible to remove it. It would be good if only Owners could see this, or even better, have it optional. Many of our users are not familiar with SharePoint and we wouldn't want people going there who don't know what they are doing. Even pupils in a Class Team site can easily get to the SharePoint backend.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. After choosing the order of files from A to Z, it's not kept like that next time the folder is accessed

After choosing the order of files from A to Z, it's not kept like that next time the folder is accessed, restoring to the order by modification date. The order option should be saved until the user decides to change it again.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Files are not in A-Z order

I would appreciate you can files stay in A-Z order

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Cloud editing by the main users of files that are encrypted (password-protected)

My team of 6 is required to constantly update a file (with sensitive information) with 15 viewers who will constantly retrieve information from the file. Cloud editing on an encrypted file (edit) on the Teams cloud would be really great.

Context: Microsoft files have a general tools, when prompted on the location to save the file, that encrypts the file with 2 passwords. The 1st to open the file, the 2nd to modify the file.
    Viewers of the file will be able to open the file as a "read only" file whereas the author of the file will have both…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I'm wondering why it's not possible to save documents directly into the Files section on Teams from Onedrive?

I have a Onedrive Folder where I keep my class materials and I would like to be able to share some of these materials with my learners. However, when I try to do this, there doesn't seem to be any simple way of uploading documents into the Files section of Teams from Onedrive.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow you to attach a document to an email straight from teams

It would be useful if you could attach a file to an email straight from Teams rather than having to download it first. I sometimes have to send things to colleagues outside of the team.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. One Drive and Teams File Hierarchy

The folder hierarchy between One Drive and Teams needs to be mirrored. Class A's files should appear identical without extra default folders.

One Drive class default: Class Files, Class Materials, Documents, Student Work.
    Same class Files default in Teams: General, Class Materials.

Users should make folders on their own. And be able to make them read only if they chose. Too many defaults.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Restricted access to certain files/channels

Ability to add files that not all team members can see until permission is granted. This allows upload of all files at a certain date and allows you to reveal files to members at the team owners discretion.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Direct Copy document from Outlook to teams

Copy file directly from outlook to teams site. It will be helpful and easier to work in teams when received files in outlook.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. It would be nice if we can see the evolution of the onenote files like the submitted word-files.

It would be nice if we can see the evolution of the onenote files like the submitted word-files.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Online files

When I work in online files (i.e. word/excel, etc), some of the formatting that shows up in the regular desktop version DOES NOT show in the online version. The only way to view the full formatting is to click edit in word. I have gotten feedback that this is frustrating. Will all the formatting ever show up in just the online version without having to click edit in word?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base