Schools and Universities

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams for Schools & Universities. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow file upload to planner tasks

Allow file upload to planner tasks in Microsoft Teams. Now there is only the possibility to add links to tasks

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Folder 'assignments' for students

It would be great for students to have a folder 'assignments' where all the assignments from different subjects (with deadlines) would be placed. It would be easier to organise work.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Move/Place folders inside of other folders

Is there a way move/place folders inside of other folders? If not, I would like to see this option added. I find it would help with keeping my Team organized as we share/collaborate on files.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Remove File Upload Limit for Teachers

I frequently need to share multiple files with my students. In Teams I am limited to 10 files at a time where there is no compelling reason for this to be the case. Can this limit please be removed. If teachers want to limit student uploads, there should be a setting for that.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. When creating a new Team, Tabs, Files, etc. should be copied over too. Teachers have mult. sections of same class & need to copy ENTIRE team

When creating a new Team, tabs, files, etc. should be copied over too. Teachers have mult. sections of SAME class & need to copy ENTIRE team instead of having to recreate the same wheel over and over again.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Google Team Drive

Please add support for Google Team Drives. Currently, we can only see and access files located and shared within the user's Google Drive. Adding support for Google's Team Drives would save us a lot of time.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Offer a search bar or feature for files

Offer a search bar for the files under teams, otherwise its impossible to search files

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. An exam countdown timer or a clock facility that can be shared

Having the facility of an exam or task timer that the learner and host can see

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Link Tabs across multiple teams

Link tabs across different Teams. For example, if I have a Precalculus Per 1, Precalculus Per 2 and Precalculus Per 3, I want to add a "Chapter 7" tab to all 3 with the same contents. Provide an option to add the tab to another team as well. After adding it as a shared tab, all files uploaded there will run across all teams.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Update Folder modified date/time when a file inside is modified

I think it would be very helpful if Teams would update a folder's modified date/time when a file inside (the folder) is modified. At the moment the data field under "modified" for a folder is either the date/time it was created or when it was last renamed.

This causes recently updated files to perhaps be overlooked or missed when going through a Teams area which has been organized into folders and subfolders. Should this be implemented it would need to include updating the parent folder's date/time both from subfolders and from files directly within that folder, depending on which has…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add Sync to the Team Option that syncs at the "Document" level

Instead of adding a sync button in the "files" area and then having to sync each channel, just put a "sync all files" menu option on the Teams option menu. This should sync at the SharePoint "documents" level, this way I get all new added channels.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. When searching, allow you to open a file location

When using the search bar, then selecting the 'Files' tab - can you please add an option to open the file location in Teams?
    Or, at least, provide a way to see the full location of where the file is in Teams??

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ability to add OneDrive to a Team / Create a shared OneDrive, or OneDrive for Buisiness

SharePoint has very limited functionality to copy, files and folders, and OneDrive does a better job of managing file and folders.

I propose the ability to create a shared OneDrive, or be able to link to a OneDrive in a team, and give the team permissions to change, edit, and add to the desired folder.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Deleting obsolete files

To be able to delete obsolete files from the 'Files' Tab. I have removed these files from Office 365 but they still show in Teams and it clutters the space. It would be nice to be able to delete them off of the list in Teams.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Rubric Folder

I would really like the ability to access/edit/duplicate rubrics outside of an assignment. A rubrics folder that I can use to access/edit/duplicate/reuse rubrics would be excellent. It is extremely cumbersome to only be able to edit the rubric in the assignment. It also means that I can't prepare the rubric until I'm nearly ready to post the assignment, and it's difficult to use that rubric or a similar one again weeks or months later.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Linking to OneDrive Files

The ability to link to OneDrive for Business files through teams would be great instead of having to move/copy content. Also, this would allow the leveraging of OneDrive for Business sharing permissions on files. Currently, I have too many documents that students need to be able to download as word documents, but they need to be read-only in Teams.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add virtual manipulatives for students to use within Teams.

This feature would take Teams to a whole new level compared to competitors. A library of virtual manipulative that teachers can drag into the meeting screen for students to see on an interactive whiteboard. For example, fraction parts, area tiles, counters, base 10 blocks, ruler, dice, etc.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. The video volume is too quiet. Make the volume enhancer increase the volume even more.

The video volume is too quiet. Make the volume enhancer increase the volume even more.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make the default of files as Read Only rather than just in 'Class Materials'

It is great that Class Materials is now available on mobile devices (iOS).

The vast majority of files I make available to students need to be read only. To do this I have to put them into Class Materials but this creates an additional 'click' to get into that file structure.

I would like to see the default for all files as 'Read Only' with an option to change this on a file (or folder) basis as we see fit.

I would love your thoughts on this.
    Regards,
    Gareth
    Mr GL Morris
    Vice Principal
    Clayton Hall Academy

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add Playback speed for media files

It would be great to have the option to either increase or decrease the playback speed of media files that are saved in the Files section of Teams. The build in media player has options for fullscreen and playback resolution, please add a speed option.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base