Schools and Universities

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams for Schools & Universities. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. It would be nice to have multiple tabs open for files.

Jumping between files in groups that are located in different places takes a lot of clicks. Enabling multiple tabs to be open would make it possible to have one file open on one tab, and another file on another tab.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Save files sent in chat to file tab

When files get sent in chat feature they automatically get saved into the files tab which allows all participants in the chat to have access and edit the files.
    This is an issue my Statistic Lab Class is currently struggling with while we try to do a group project over Teams

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Recorded Meeting download status is not visible.

While downloading the recorded meeting video in Teams Desktop App we cannot stop or pause or remove an ongoing download. Suppose if click the download button twice, I cannot stop the excess download. I can only delete after it is downloaded, which wastes my data

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. integrated downloading section

currently if any file is downloading and taking a while to complete the downloading the system won't show that the file is in process of downloading that tiny feature in files section could help a Lot and another function to generate a folder per team and all the stuff which will be downloaded can be managed in those folder only instead a bunch of junk in downloads folder

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. The ability to download the lectures and watch it without internet.

I would like if Microsoft Teams can download the lectures and gives us the ability to watch them without needing to the internet like Netflix.  I can watch the  episode after download it without internet. This feature will give me chance to watch the lecture any place. Especially, the place that has not have internet service. 

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Richer integration with Google Drive

I'm working on possibly rolling out Teams to our staff next Fall, however we are considered a "Google District" and therefore are struggling with a few items. My suggestion (if possible) would be to allow sharing of individual files within the Files tab of Teams. Also, the system should be able to pick up whether it's a Doc, Slides, or Sheets file with an icon to represent.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. PDF File view zoom shouldn't change when switching PDFs.

I prefer to have the default zoom of pdf files as 'Window width', it is annoying to have to keep changing it, it should remain as whatever I set it.
    If the zoom is 150% when I exit, it should be 150 when I enter.
    Small QoL feature, much appreciated.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Delete saved file in teams after file uploaded in my work

After a file is uploaded and then removed, and then the same file is added, the name changes to "filename 1.filetype", where is the file "filename" saved, so that it can be deleted and after reupload of the file, there is no " 1" added to it

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Change Default Download Location On MS Teams

I use many teams and channels in MS teams, but there is no option to download individual files to separate folders. It is very confusing. Instead, I think it would be easier for most users to choose where to save the files before downloading them.Also, the downloaded files will be displayed in the download folder of the MS teams only after they have been downloaded.Instead, it will be easier to use if the download section shows what files we are downloading and their progress.

-Thank You!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Disable the uploading file/folder feature for students under the Team channel to avoid any malicious files being uploaded

Disable the uploading file/folder feature on Teams for students to avoid any malicious software or files to be uploaded onto the intranet

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Playback Speed

We want feature give us the ability to change video speed (slow down/speed up). It'll be very useful and also it easy for you to make it real NOW days.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Please display the size of files under files section.

It would help students to determine how long will it take to download the class material/file.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Prevent downloads of files

It would be useful to be able to disable downloads of certain files. Some of us make our livelihoods from our resources that we spend months making. I want to be able to share it with my students but for them not to be able to download the file and share it further.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Set the default PFD view on opening to "Windows Width" instead of "Window Size"

Every time I open a PDF file in teams its width is by default set to "Window Size" (Content cannot be read in this view). I have to click on "Window Width" each time to make it full screen. The main aim of opening the PDF is to read and for that I have to do an extra 2 clicks to read the PDF document. It would be great if just on click of the file it opens in full screen size.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Notify students when Teacher uploads Files

In Modular or asynchronous classes, Teams does not notify if there are new modules or video lectures uploaded in the files tab in class materials. it would be helpful if it is included as an option in Notifications if the teacher would not inform the students that they had already uploaded one

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Improvements on integrations and interactivity

I made a post yesterday asking if you can integrate an interactive picture through apps. The post can be found in the link bellow:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msteams/forum/msteams_tfe-msteams_teams-msteams_mngteam/interactive-picture/c91aa96a-ec69-416b-962d-bc60a1f26daa?messageId=14913c83-44df-4344-8375-2c11daa7d1df
    However i was told that you are unable in the current version of MS-Teams. I made a few tests on the Power Apps platform and while i created what i wanted, when i integrated it in a tab of a Team channel (using the desktop app version, not the browser version), when i pressed on it, i got redirected on my internet browser version of the teams app. This was my problem while trying to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Teams are appearing very cluttered and it is difficult for my daughter to find what really matters ie. Lessons and homework.

There needs to be clearer indication of the dates materials have been posted so it is easier to find things.
    Also all the comments children/teachers make do not need to be visible for everyone ie. on general channel but could open if somebody wants to read them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Downloading status when downloading a lecture from ms teams

Addding a feature that enables the user to know how much his file has downloaded ,currently it does not show the status ,if its downloaded it shows up in the files

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Dyslexie font

Dyslexie font would be a wonderful addition to Teams and it would be even better if all files were either uploaded in that font or the program automatically changes the file to dyslexie font!!! if that's not possible maybe we could make a feature where the parents/ students could change the file font to Dyslexie Font. Personally my son would benefit from greatly and so would alot of other people.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base