Schools and Universities

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams for Schools & Universities. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Tile view for Photos in Files

AS in sharepoint, a tile view should be available in files so photos can be previewed without having to toggle back to sharepoint.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Needs a scheduled release of access to files so that I can upload all of my files at once and set a date for the students to be able to see

Needs a scheduled release of access to files so that I can upload all of my files at once and set a date for the students to be able to see

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. google drive and dropbox account info

In Files, it is better to display the account I am connecting to the Google Drive and Dropbox cloud storage

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Can you share a link on Teams under File

Can you share a link to a file in Teams under the Files section?

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Students should not be able to add or remove files in the Files Tab. Or let me add a view only OneDrive tab.

The files tab should be for the class content provided by the teacher. It should not collect all the attachments or pictures the students upload to the conversations tab. Also, it should not let student remover any file.

Or else let us add a onedrive tab for us to share files for the students.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. a hyperlink option in reply would be fantastic

have the option to hyperlink files

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. right click/ellipsis to send a copy of a OneDrive file in a Teams drive

THere are quite a few steps involved in making a file available to a class in Teams. At the moments its just easier to email! If staff could just 'right click' or use the ellipsis to 'send to (a specific team, from the available list)' that would make sharing much easier. #MIEexpert

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Insert Content library tab

I would like to be able to upload a document in files Library so members would only be able to read and not edit. Just like content Library in OneNote Class notebook.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Create a way to share files into channels for multiple teams.

For example if I want to share a set of notes to all three of my classes (teams) Is there a way without having to upload it three separate teams.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Tagging files in chat

Make it easier for your team to know what specifik file you're talking about, by tagging them in the chat. Perhaps by using #filename.doc or /filename.exc

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Support Powerpoint (macro-enabled) show

Please add support for Powerpoint (macro-enabled) show!
    I was stunned to discover that MS Teams does not support these Powerpoint files...
    As a teacher, I prefer to make ppsm files available to my students (I use Multiple Choice and True/False and TOGlic add-in to enrich my ppts).
    Please, would you consider adding support for ppsm? I guess other teacher would also like to see this...?
    THANKS!!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. change download destination

Could you please include a function to change the destination folder for downloads?
    Or point me in the direction of doing it myself.
    It's frustrating that they automatically do into the downloads folder.

77 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Uploading Files from OneDrive

When uploading files, the only place I can access my OneDrive (Sharepoint) is through an attachment in Conversations. Neither the Files tab at the top of the screen nor on the left side menu talks to my OneDrive. If Office 365 OneDrive can link via attachments in Conversations it should be an easy fix to link through the other two.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. share attachment

the abiliy to share a file directly into a conversation stream as an attachment rather than sending to someone directly. You could also include the function to email attachments directly to the team steam.

I often search for teaching resources on my android phone. If. Find one, I would like to download and share directly into a feed. Rather than uploading it and it getting lost amongst the others. All files shared this way should be stored in the team files area.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow file upload to planner tasks

Allow file upload to planner tasks in Microsoft Teams. Now there is only the possibility to add links to tasks

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. People have no idea what sharepoint is. Stop confusing us with view in sharepoint.

once we get to sharepoint it is massively confusing. I have never used a service more confusing than a sharepoint site that no one knows exists except through links to the exact location. You're losing people with this horrible structure.

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base