Schools and Universities

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams for Schools & Universities. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Simple file upload API

I'd like a simple API endpoint that I can just PUT a file to and have it added (or updated) to the team.

The use case is that I have a diagram that is updated once an hour that contains some information relevant to a project.

Currently that file is emailed to the relevant people.

I want to upload that file automatically into teams without having to use the full blown sharepointAPI so that it's available for all team members.

Using the sharepoint API is undesirable because it needs my own credentials to create the bearer token needed for the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. extract zip inside teams

not only read files inside zip and rar files. Make it possible to extract files

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make a file in teams editable only by the team owner

After the team has finished collaborating on a document, there will be times that the owner may want to make the document read only to prevent the team from making unauthorized edits.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Share a file with people who are not on the team

..without making them a member of the team.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Document links in chat attempt to open in browser, should open in Teams.

Links to documents in Teams chat attempt to open in browser, should open in Teams instead, as navigating manually to the file in Teams (and bypassing the link) works

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. i cant send vbs files

i could be good if we all can send vbs files

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. It would be beneficial to be able to take a document or file from OneDrive and move it /copy it to teams.

We are unable to take files created on Word or other applications in OneDrive and add them to the files on teams. Currently when we add a file it brings up hard drive. Can we link that to our OneDrive?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Dedicated/Quicker access to Files tab

Collaboration happens on everything at some point in Teams, but often I just need to access the documents. I need a quicker way to get to the Files tab (and no, I'm not going to sync the whole thing to my desktop via OneDrive).

I'd like to suggest adding another column to the Teams window, so that there would be one column for Conversations, and one column for Files. This would also allow for a level of multitasking that is currently not available in Teams.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Ability to See attachments in meetings tabs

Ability to see any attachments in the meetings tabs, in order to be able to open the attached file on the selected file.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. send folders to teachers

If you want to send a folder to a teacher it doesn't work(it just opens and you need to send them one by one). so why not instead just make an option of sending a folder.
    This would be easier than to convert a folder into a zip file.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. distribute one file to multiple students page

i would like to distribute one file to ALL students own pages in one section. This would be within ONENOTE. I cant seem to see this an idea or concept.
    thanks

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Files posted in the Conversations tab accumulate to one folder or place

It would be easier to be able to find things that were shared and uploaded to the Conversations tab if it was attached to a folder. Then we could easily and go through the folder to find a document that was shared early in the Conversation feed.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. allow lengthy comments

Feedback
    Lengthy comments appear to be capped at some character limit. Consider removing the cap or allowing us to attach files.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Save new office documents to a teams location

When I go to save an office document I'd like to be able to choose a Team and then a Files tab in which to save.

Similar to how OneDrive or Sharepoint are listed as save locations; show me a Team icon and then let me choose a team and then a Files tab from that team.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Drop a group of files into an existing folder within a channel

You should be able to move a selection of files (in a channel) at once into an existing folder in that same Team channel.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Option to stay in Files tab when selecting another channel

When browsing through the files tab of a channel, you sometimes realise you need to look through other channels to find the files you are looking for. It would be good to be able to browse around the files tab of several channels without having it revert back to the conversations tab each time.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Download Progress bar

Add a progress bar on downloaded files.

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Ability to add OneDrive to a Team / Create a shared OneDrive, or OneDrive for Buisiness

SharePoint has very limited functionality to copy, files and folders, and OneDrive does a better job of managing file and folders.

I propose the ability to create a shared OneDrive, or be able to link to a OneDrive in a team, and give the team permissions to change, edit, and add to the desired folder.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. create links in Teams Files

It is not possible to create a saved Web Link in the Teams view of files but it is possible to create a web Link in the Sharepoint view of Teams Files. When the link is clicked on in Sharepoint, the link works. In the Teams view a link just tries to download a file.

Could web Links be made to work the same in the Teams view of Files as in the Sharepoint view of the same files.

80 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Link to OneDrive Folder

Please allow to add OneDrive specific folder to the "File" tab. Since some common teaching materials store in OneDrive / SharePoint document library appear in different teams.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base