Schools and Universities

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams for Schools & Universities. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Cloud editing by the main users of files that are encrypted (password-protected)

My team of 6 is required to constantly update a file (with sensitive information) with 15 viewers who will constantly retrieve information from the file. Cloud editing on an encrypted file (edit) on the Teams cloud would be really great.

Context: Microsoft files have a general tools, when prompted on the location to save the file, that encrypts the file with 2 passwords. The 1st to open the file, the 2nd to modify the file.
    Viewers of the file will be able to open the file as a "read only" file whereas the author of the file will have both…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Open and work in multiple files simultaneously .

Now you can only open and edit 1 file. it would be good to have like a pop-out window for files you are working on.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Link Files tab in a channel to a different document library

I have created a new channel and I want to keep files in a separate document library for that channel and not a sub-folder of Documents. I am able to add a tab in that channel, but the original Files tab remains. What would be great is to be able to right-click files and link it to the separate document library (not Documents). Alternatively, it would be useful to remove or hide Files so that there is no confusion as to where to find files.Thank you.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I'm wondering why it's not possible to save documents directly into the Files section on Teams from Onedrive?

I have a Onedrive Folder where I keep my class materials and I would like to be able to share some of these materials with my learners. However, when I try to do this, there doesn't seem to be any simple way of uploading documents into the Files section of Teams from Onedrive.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. be able to add a task from chat text or a shared file via a team so you can track the need to do some activity within planner, to do etc.

I am often asked to review a document which is shared via a team, but am unable to easily from within Teams create a task to do that so I can track via planner or To Do. Ideally it would be good in a "chat" to mark text or the shared file and create a task which can then be tracked.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Keep file ordering settings

When I have chosen to list my files by A>Z or by date modified, I would like it to stay that way each time I load the file, rather than it randomly deciding how to display the files.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow you to attach a document to an email straight from teams

It would be useful if you could attach a file to an email straight from Teams rather than having to download it first. I sometimes have to send things to colleagues outside of the team.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. One Drive and Teams File Hierarchy

The folder hierarchy between One Drive and Teams needs to be mirrored. Class A's files should appear identical without extra default folders.

One Drive class default: Class Files, Class Materials, Documents, Student Work.
    Same class Files default in Teams: General, Class Materials.

Users should make folders on their own. And be able to make them read only if they chose. Too many defaults.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Listing files by numerical order is cumbersome. Item 10 is placed after 1 instead of 9.

Number 10 should be coded in such a way that an item is automatically arranged by numerical order. Right now, a 10 is placed after 1 instead of 9

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Restrict sharing files with non-Team members

Provide the ability to restrict or change default sharing options to prevent users from sharing files outside of a Team.

This feature is especially important in education where users have the option to accidentally share staff content with students.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add Sync to the Team Option that syncs at the "Document" level

Instead of adding a sync button in the "files" area and then having to sync each channel, just put a "sync all files" menu option on the Teams option menu. This should sync at the SharePoint "documents" level, this way I get all new added channels.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 692 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

140 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    great news!  ·  Lauren Kuan responded

I’m very happy to announce that the Class Materials folder is now available on iOS and Android devices! Go to the Microsoft Teams app to now see the Class Materials folder.

14. Restricted access to certain files/channels

Ability to add files that not all team members can see until permission is granted. This allows upload of all files at a certain date and allows you to reveal files to members at the team owners discretion.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make viewing images in the File tab more like it is in Sharepoint

Viewing images in the file tab should have the ability to browse between images in the current folder without leaving the viewer and having to open each of them separately. Similarly like it is in Sharepoint.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Direct Copy document from Outlook to teams

Copy file directly from outlook to teams site. It will be helpful and easier to work in teams when received files in outlook.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. It would be nice if we can see the evolution of the onenote files like the submitted word-files.

It would be nice if we can see the evolution of the onenote files like the submitted word-files.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Possibility to desactivad (turn off) somes options (chat- conversation- file, ect)

When creating a team, it would be interesting to enable / disable some modules that will not be useful at the moment. example: chat, conversation, files, etc ...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. When searching, allow you to open a file location

When using the search bar, then selecting the 'Files' tab - can you please add an option to open the file location in Teams?
    Or, at least, provide a way to see the full location of where the file is in Teams??

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Share files between classes easily.

Don't tell me to use OneNote. Too complicated. We need to be able to set up a file with all student documents and choose the classes where we share it. I tried it using Sharepoint, multiple times, multiple ways, but it never shows up in the other classes. Right now, TEAMS is designed to much for a teacher who doesn't have multiple classes of the same prep. I don't want 75-105 kids in one class on TEAMS when they are not in one physical class, but it is driving me crazy having to add things to one class at a…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base