Schools and Universities

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams for Schools & Universities. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Increase the default tab length on "Name" in the files section

In the files section of a team, there is a list of files similar to the normal windows file explorer, with 3 tabs, "Name", "Modified" and "Modified by". I often have to make the length of the "Name" tab longer so that the full names of files are visible. By default, the total combined length of the 3 tabs doesn't come close to taking up the whole page.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. put a playback speed modification tool when streaming lectures videos

hi, when watching videos classes make it easy to open and watch and please put a playback speed modification tool when watching it so we do not have to download all the videos from all classes, this feature was when classes used classroom and it is not here please add it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support running macros in Excel files

Our team uses numerous Excel files that contain buttons to run macros, but none of the buttons work when opening an Excel file within Teams, OneDrive, or Sharepoint. That means that to use one of our Excel tools the team member needs to download and run the file, save updates and re-upload it. It gets complicated, especially because some of our Excel tools rely on other files (as a template), which would also have to be copied out to the user's desktop or download location for the downloaded file to work properly. Is there any hope of supporting macros within…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. to add a new feature which will create a new album in photos and store the screenshots taken during teams meeting in that album.

With my experience, I find it difficult to locate important photos of screenshots taken during my online classes and meeting. Hence I strongly suggest the developers to add a new feature which will create a new album in photos (default app for storage of pictures in smartphones) and store the screenshots taken during teams meeting in that album.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. files and class material

all files and all the class material should be editable by both the teachers and the students as well as printable ; the "only view" form should be deleted permanently.

also, students should be able to clear fully or partly the list with the downloaded files and material.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. deleted files

files and class material that are being deleted by a teacher, should also be deleted from the downloaded section on a student's account.

also, the downloaded section on the student's accounts should bear an option that will allow students to clear their downloads.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. No compression when uploading videos to teams chat

It will ask you if you want to use no compression mode (slower) and there will be a check box for don't ask me again. It will be good for videos that need to stay in good quality.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Kaydedilmiş dersi hızlandırma özelliği

Merhaba ders kayıtlarına, kaydı hızlandırma özelliği gelsin istiyorum tıpkı youtube da olduğu gibi

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow the editing of text files (.txt) in Teams

Allow editing of text files (.txt) within Teams. At the moment, we can edit Word, Excel or PowerPoint files. Text files would be a plus (e.g. files containing code, e.g. R)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Please add a feature in the video player on teams so that a user can be able to increase or decrease the speed of the video

Please add a feature in the video player on teams so that a user can be able to increase or decrease the speed of the video

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Inconvenience with file previewing

Whenever I preview a file from the 'Files' section in any team and I decide to preview another file it resets me to the general files folder. In my opinion this creates major inconvenience. Instead when one closes the file it should lead the user to the selected files folder.
    Thanks for your customer care.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. We need a way to download Student work in bulk not individually

To be able to select mutable files and download

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. .ipynb viewer support

please add this functionality just like that of docx and pdf, many machine learning courses involve submission of jupyter notebooks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allowing easier transition between documents in Files and Class Materials

I have to start accessing other documents from the same folder from the "Files" section every time I close a document. It would save me a lot of time if there was a "back" option I could choose to leave a document after I finish using it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. show if people download a file

pour savoir qui sont les personnes qui ont téléchargé un fichier mis à disposition (dans les supports de cours)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base