Schools and Universities

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams for Schools & Universities. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Create new files on ios

I can’t add/create a new file from the files tab on iOS. Can you make this happen or let me know how to do it on mobile?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. automatically sort files(recordings) order to newest to older

automatically sort files(recordings) order to newest to older by date

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. enable click-and-drag and keyboard shortcuts for moving files

To move files between folders in Teams, you must click the "Move to" button which is sometimes buried in a menu, then select the destination folder and click "Move". This is three clicks, compared to the usual single click-and-drag motion used in File Explorer, for example. Also, common keyboard shortcuts like Ctrl+X then Ctrl+V to cut and paste files between folders is not enabled. Please make the motions to move files in Teams more like File Explore which is more fluid and familiar to all of us

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. to include some pen support in teams files

hi i would like to suggest u to include some pen and laser support in microsoft teams like which u have in the power point. because if we add a pen or laser in it we, the students have some benefits like we can easily select options in it or we can underline some specific line or word.
    so i would request u to to include the pen support in it

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Version tracking of all Microsoft collaborative documents:

When a user logs in with an email or organizational identification you can see what each user has added, written or deleted from the collaborative document.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Enable all users to be able to choose the type of team they want to create. My app does not give me an option to create a classroom.

I am a teacher and I tried to create a classroom but I could not because there is no option for me to choose the type of team I want to create. How does one get that fixed?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. sort by date in files section

my teacher posts notes in files section almost every day and with some random name so its hard to find the latest file posted.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. class materials

I use the same materials for multiple classes and upload these presentations into the class materials folder for each class. Would it be possible to have a link in the class materials folder which would give students in each team access to a read only version of the original file?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Presentation mode for powerpoint - access to files in Team sharepoint

When I present a powerpoint through the share view dialogue box, it would be great if there were direct access via the powerpoint live list of suggested powerpoints to the powerpoint files associated with the team. As it is, I often have to upload directly from my desktop, and then when I stop presenting and start presenting again, I have to re-upload the file again.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. It would be good if we can turn off incoming video for a particular person

It would be good if we can turn off incoming video for a particular person

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Speed of recorded videos

I am currently using teams on linux and i dont know if this is available on windows version or not but it would be really helpful if we can set speed to play recorded videos like 2x,1.5x and could also choose the quality at which videos is playing

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Immersive reader is gone

Immersive reader is gone when our students open documents from files in Teams. We want it back!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add option to alter speed of video in teams desktop app

Add option to alter speed of video in teams desktop app so that we can view videos in *1.2, *1.5, *1.8, *2 speeds uploaded in class materials

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Change the default download location of MS Teams files.

Because of Android 11's restriction to access the Android/Data folder, where the files from MS Teams are downloaded, I suggest for you to change the default download location of the MS Teams files. For me, it is not necessary where we have an option to manually change the default download location of our choice. I just need for us to be able to access the files freely. Thank you very much. Any replies and maybe updates upon this matter will be highly appreciated. Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. dark theme for a file opened

should have dark theme for a file opened

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Create a user-personal organizer(?)

I am a student attending college online. Sometimes I like to store the class recordings, when I feel like it includes something important or includes something that I might want to go through again later in time. However it is quite tedious sometimes to have to download every recording after the class has ended and store them in my laptop (which takes up alottt of space istg). Perhaps MS Teams could allow creation of a private folder within the app where the user can store all the important recordings/ files/pictures from different classes? Like a mini organizer perhaps.

Also, sometimes…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. tunaswan13@gmail.com

Please provide better way to access video recording for students sender by lecturer of

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Idea. Should be able to put a link to a file in the "Comments" section within a task. When I drop a url to a file, it doesn't create a live

Idea. Should be able to put a link to a file in the "Comments" section within a task. When I drop a url to a file, it doesn't create a live link.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 33 34
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base