Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Dropping files in multiple teams at once

Hello- I'm a former google classroom user trying to adjust to Microsoft teams. Maybe I'm missing it, but I would love the ability to post/upload in a channel to multiple classes at once

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow all the files that are posted on the desktop app to be seen in the mobile app.

Allow all the documents that are on the class material folder of a team to be seen on the mobile app without having to search for them.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Link Files tab in a channel to a different document library

I have created a new channel and I want to keep files in a separate document library for that channel and not a sub-folder of Documents. I am able to add a tab in that channel, but the original Files tab remains. What would be great is to be able to right-click files and link it to the separate document library (not Documents). Alternatively, it would be useful to remove or hide Files so that there is no confusion as to where to find files.Thank you.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Keep file ordering settings

When I have chosen to list my files by A>Z or by date modified, I would like it to stay that way each time I load the file, rather than it randomly deciding how to display the files.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Restrict sharing files with non-Team members

Provide the ability to restrict or change default sharing options to prevent users from sharing files outside of a Team.

This feature is especially important in education where users have the option to accidentally share staff content with students.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Make viewing images in the File tab more like it is in Sharepoint

Viewing images in the file tab should have the ability to browse between images in the current folder without leaving the viewer and having to open each of them separately. Similarly like it is in Sharepoint.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Share files between classes easily.

Don't tell me to use OneNote. Too complicated. We need to be able to set up a file with all student documents and choose the classes where we share it. I tried it using Sharepoint, multiple times, multiple ways, but it never shows up in the other classes. Right now, TEAMS is designed to much for a teacher who doesn't have multiple classes of the same prep. I don't want 75-105 kids in one class on TEAMS when they are not in one physical class, but it is driving me crazy having to add things to one class at a…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Move to button in Files tab

There should be possible to move files/folders from one team/channel to another team/channel with a Move to button like in SharePoint. Maybe add also similar buttons and context menu items like in SharePoint on Files tab because it's limited.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When a file print out is added automatically set to background

When adding a document in the collaboration space in Onenote via channels the document should automatically be set to background or that option should be added. You can set it in the app version in advanced settings, but it is not defaulted. It is much easier for students to edit a document in the web versions in the document printout is not moving. Also the teacher my not have access to set to background. Thank you.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Option to change Teams Files tab SharePoint directory location

When a Team is provisioned it creates yet another SharePoint site. But I would prefer the default Files (tab) be linked to our existing SharePoint enterprise site Document Libraries to store and manage Channel folders and chats from all of my Teams.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. remove download button for team files and sharepoint libraries

With the Information Rights Managment, I can protect documents, but users can still download folders and files. The modify in sharepoint designer doesn't work, so I can't do custom code to delete download button.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Adding files for students

We need to be able to add files for students in the tasks section. I got a student's paper via mail and wanted to add it in tasks for him so I could easily assess it, but I do not see that option.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Dedicated/Quicker access to Files tab

Collaboration happens on everything at some point in Teams, but often I just need to access the documents. I need a quicker way to get to the Files tab (and no, I'm not going to sync the whole thing to my desktop via OneDrive).

I'd like to suggest adding another column to the Teams window, so that there would be one column for Conversations, and one column for Files. This would also allow for a level of multitasking that is currently not available in Teams.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Save new office documents to a teams location

When I go to save an office document I'd like to be able to choose a Team and then a Files tab in which to save.

Similar to how OneDrive or Sharepoint are listed as save locations; show me a Team icon and then let me choose a team and then a Files tab from that team.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. i cannot download .zip files from Teams app

when students upload zip files to dropboxes, I cannot open the files (specifically .java files) from the zip. I have to go to a browser (chrome) to download then open. Very annoying.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Editing Channel name doesn't update "File" name

I noticed a typo in my channel name and renamed it to be correct. After, I noticed that my "File" (associated to the built in tab) did not update to reflect the new channel name.

Ok- so I opened the file in SharePoint. When I then edited the "File" name in SharePoint to match, it still did not update the file in Teams so now there are 2 files that I can't figure out how to merge.

Silly me thought that if I just deleted the channel and SharePoint folders (since it was still fairly new and being built) I…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. File navigation

Global back button takes you back to the former tab. Should take you back to the super or subfolder you were just in.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Attached files to tasks

Attached files on tasks open not in the Teams App itself but into a web-browser (i.e. Safari, Chrome) - and then in that browser it tells us to download the Teams App that we have already downloaded... No way to see/find the document that was attached to the task. (Unless it was shared in other method).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow users to create a link to a folder from a conversation

At the moment from within a conversation I seem to only be able to link to a file that is held in the files area of a channel in Teams. I would like to be able to put a link in to a folder. For example you might have several files from a presentation that you want to share, and you have grouped these into a folder within Teams

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. copy and paste files

fairly simple, but essential for file management with multiple classes!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 17 18
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base