Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. File editing is not updated everywhere the file exists.

When you upload the file somewhere, whenever someone edits it - it is edited live (like a Google doc) - which is good.
    But if you send that file as a link to someone else, that file becomes an independent version/copy of it. Should be able to share editable files that get updated all across

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Option to load a FILE to multiple TEAMS at one time istead of repeating the process again and again.

A lot of wasted time reposting the same information to multiple TEAMS (aka Classes) Should have option to click to post files to multiple TEAMS (or classes) with a simple click.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Can we please bring back ADD NEW FILE for students!!!

BEFORE, Students AND Teachers were able to ADD NEW FILE, choosing Word, PPT, or Excel. Now, only teachers can. This poses a problem for students because they would have to leave Office 365, and create a new document, save it, and then go back to Teams, and then upload it. Please bring this old feature back.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Hold my place when I navigate away from a channel or a file.

I thought I saw this idea posted before, but can't find it now. Every time I leave a tab on my Team's channel or a file I am looking at and come back to it seconds later (e.g. to check a message that just came in a chat or conversation), I have lost my page and place. Whatever app is under the tab (OneNote, Word etc.) reloads and opens up on the first page. I have to reselect the page and/or scroll again to what I was looking at. Is there any way that it could hold my place if…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Support Powerpoint (macro-enabled) show

Please add support for Powerpoint (macro-enabled) show!
    I was stunned to discover that MS Teams does not support these Powerpoint files...
    As a teacher, I prefer to make ppsm files available to my students (I use Multiple Choice and True/False and TOGlic add-in to enrich my ppts).
    Please, would you consider adding support for ppsm? I guess other teacher would also like to see this...?
    THANKS!!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. share attachment

the abiliy to share a file directly into a conversation stream as an attachment rather than sending to someone directly. You could also include the function to email attachments directly to the team steam.

I often search for teaching resources on my android phone. If. Find one, I would like to download and share directly into a feed. Rather than uploading it and it getting lost amongst the others. All files shared this way should be stored in the team files area.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Show downloading bar while downloading a file or multiple files.

Download bar should pop-up after while downloading a file.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Show download progress (Files Tab/Downloads) for any kind of file (Currently this is not showing).

You cant see the progress of a download, like when i try to download a meetings video i cant see the progress, i can only see when this is finished.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. The video volume is too quiet. Make the volume enhancer increase the volume even more.

The video volume is too quiet. Make the volume enhancer increase the volume even more.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Sorting Assignments - More options needed

I would like to be able to have assignments appear in an order of my choosing. Being able to group them under a unit or topic would also be important.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please, go back to using ZOOM! Microsoft is much too complicated to Admin.

Hey Teacher, Please replace Teams with Zoom?!!!. Microsoft makes everything much too complicated and works like crap on Android.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Use (ctrl f) in files

I would like to be able to use (Ctrl f) to find specific words in files saved on Teams

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Class materials folder on mobile

Make Class Materials Accessable through the Android Mobile App

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Enable a feature whereby children are not allowed to delete assignment or videos uploaded by the teachers

It seems that children are accidentally deleting the class material, videos etc loaded on Teams by the teachers. Perhaps a function can be added whereby only teachers can delete videos or a function where deleting videos or material can be disabled by the parents to ensure that the work does not get lost.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow Sharing of Links in the Files Tab

I want to be able to save website links in the files tab, just like I can save links in a file in One Drive. For instance, in my Pre-Employment Skills channel of my Life Skills class I created a folder in the Files tab called Typing. I want to be able to share website links to an online typing class and typing games. I realize I could create a Word Doc with a list of links, but that is just one more step. My students are Intellectually Disabled, and I want to make it as simple as possible for…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Creating new clasd notebooks for each term

Hi, it would be great if there was a way to archive your team class notebook at the end of a term so that you start with a fresh one every term. This would avoid the problem of congested sections and would be much easier for primary students to navigate.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. PPSX files should open as a PPSX in tabs

A PPSX file is a powerpoint that only opens as the "show" and not the powerpoint editor. It would be great to be able to post a PPSX file as a tab in teams. Right now my workaround is exporting the PPT as a PDF and using that as a tab. Not as elegant.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. word

I don't know if others are facing this issue or not, but I am not able to edit word files into Teams. I have to open word online or desktop app. However it works when I create a new file. But it does not work when I'm trying to edit an existing file. Could you fix this? thanks.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Record

After recording, just simply bring the record into the File tab, that way I can easily access the file without having to scroll through a bazilion texts or so. You can still use Stream to play the video as a third party application. Thank you

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Keep consistent View in Files

Hello Team,

Please make the adjustment so that when you are viewing many files, selecting one, going into it and then close the file to return to the Files view as as it was left (Aka keep the View consistent in every File tab of every client)
    Thanks!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base