Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please allow folders to be moved to a new location, not just files.

When you click on a file, there are loads of lovely options that pop up, including "move." This needs to be expanded to whole folders so we don't need to recreate the folder system if we need to move one (or more) folders.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Print to OneNote from files in Teams

When I open a file shared with me in Teams, I can't print it to OneNote without downloading and saving it elsewhere first. I would like to minimize the locations where documents are saved. Could you please put in a Print / Print to OneNote option?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow text highlighting/copy and paste from OneDrive files viewed in Teams

When I choose Files on the far left menu, and choose a file to view, I cannot highlight text in it and copy and paste it unless I choose one of the Edit options. We would like our team members to be able to copy and paste from this view without accidentally deleting or changing something. Is it possible to add the capability of highlighting text when you are just viewing the document, without having to switch to an editable version?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Students should not be able to add or remove files in the Files Tab. Or let me add a view only OneDrive tab.

The files tab should be for the class content provided by the teacher. It should not collect all the attachments or pictures the students upload to the conversations tab. Also, it should not let student remover any file.

Or else let us add a onedrive tab for us to share files for the students.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. a hyperlink option in reply would be fantastic

have the option to hyperlink files

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add student and assignment name to Files uploaded by a student

When a student uploads a file in Teams, the file keeps the random filename my student created. In many cases this is image.jpg or something like that. When you download the file, you end up with hundred of files with meaningless names. My students are 11, and they frequently forget to write their names.

With turnitin.com, when you download student work, the account name of the student is automatically appended to the file name.

It would be great if some kind of id information was appended to the filename so you could sort it easily.

Also, it woud be nice…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. with zoom , I was able to use my IPAD and /or phone as an external camera. I need to be able to do that with TEAMS..

I need to be able to use my IPAD /phone as an external camera, and /or access the activities i have on my ipad so that I can use more materials when I am working one on one with a student. .

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Give us the ability to drag, move and organize files that have been uploaded in to the file section of Teams.

The ability to organize uploaded file and move them around, create folders, etc like we can in the File Explorer in Windows.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow choice of where to save each file before downloading"

When user needs to download a file, often the user has a place in mind (other than Downloads) for the file. Allow user to choose to be asked where to save the downloaded file. This will often save steps for many users.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Please add the ability to add a Google Shared Drive to MS Teams files section

Please add the ability to add a Google Shared Drive to MS Teams files section

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Open and work in multiple files simultaneously .

Now you can only open and edit 1 file. it would be good to have like a pop-out window for files you are working on.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add copy paste function for folders

Please add function to copy and paste an entire folder from 'files'. Will help when setting up initial infrastructure.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Document links in chat attempt to open in browser, should open in Teams.

Links to documents in Teams chat attempt to open in browser, should open in Teams instead, as navigating manually to the file in Teams (and bypassing the link) works

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Tumbnail's of image files visible in Teams file section.

I use the file section to upload a variety of images for Art and Design students and would like to be able to see a thumbnail of the image without having to open or download it.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Icon preview

a) there should be a way to order files via thumbnail or list
    b) there should be the native ability (i.e. WITHIN the app) to preview files e.g. JPG (not only word et al and PDF files) without having to download the file.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add document template on new file

I would like to add custom Microsoft Word template on the "New" dropdown list.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Separate tab or section for file viewing/editing

create a section for document/file viewing - so if I switch to a chat - I can come back from where I was. Currently when you view a file in a team channel - you lose the ability to see it again if you switch to chat. If you open a file to view or edit it - can you open a new section under "Activity, Chat,Teams...."? Thanks!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. File editing is not updated everywhere the file exists.

When you upload the file somewhere, whenever someone edits it - it is edited live (like a Google doc) - which is good.
    But if you send that file as a link to someone else, that file becomes an independent version/copy of it. Should be able to share editable files that get updated all across

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Option to load a FILE to multiple TEAMS at one time istead of repeating the process again and again.

A lot of wasted time reposting the same information to multiple TEAMS (aka Classes) Should have option to click to post files to multiple TEAMS (or classes) with a simple click.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Hold my place when I navigate away from a channel or a file.

I thought I saw this idea posted before, but can't find it now. Every time I leave a tab on my Team's channel or a file I am looking at and come back to it seconds later (e.g. to check a message that just came in a chat or conversation), I have lost my page and place. Whatever app is under the tab (OneNote, Word etc.) reloads and opens up on the first page. I have to reselect the page and/or scroll again to what I was looking at. Is there any way that it could hold my place if…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base