Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. When creating a new Team, Tabs, Files, etc. should be copied over too. Teachers have mult. sections of same class & need to copy ENTIRE team

When creating a new Team, tabs, files, etc. should be copied over too. Teachers have mult. sections of SAME class & need to copy ENTIRE team instead of having to recreate the same wheel over and over again.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to add OneDrive to a Team / Create a shared OneDrive, or OneDrive for Buisiness

SharePoint has very limited functionality to copy, files and folders, and OneDrive does a better job of managing file and folders.

I propose the ability to create a shared OneDrive, or be able to link to a OneDrive in a team, and give the team permissions to change, edit, and add to the desired folder.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Folder 'assignments' for students

It would be great for students to have a folder 'assignments' where all the assignments from different subjects (with deadlines) would be placed. It would be easier to organise work.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Deleting obsolete files

To be able to delete obsolete files from the 'Files' Tab. I have removed these files from Office 365 but they still show in Teams and it clutters the space. It would be nice to be able to delete them off of the list in Teams.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Google Team Drive

Please add support for Google Team Drives. Currently, we can only see and access files located and shared within the user's Google Drive. Adding support for Google's Team Drives would save us a lot of time.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Show download progress (Files Tab/Downloads) for any kind of file (Currently this is not showing).

You cant see the progress of a download, like when i try to download a meetings video i cant see the progress, i can only see when this is finished.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Offer a search bar or feature for files

Offer a search bar for the files under teams, otherwise its impossible to search files

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Linking to OneDrive Files

The ability to link to OneDrive for Business files through teams would be great instead of having to move/copy content. Also, this would allow the leveraging of OneDrive for Business sharing permissions on files. Currently, I have too many documents that students need to be able to download as word documents, but they need to be read-only in Teams.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. An exam countdown timer or a clock facility that can be shared

Having the facility of an exam or task timer that the learner and host can see

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Uploading Files from OneDrive

When uploading files, the only place I can access my OneDrive (Sharepoint) is through an attachment in Conversations. Neither the Files tab at the top of the screen nor on the left side menu talks to my OneDrive. If Office 365 OneDrive can link via attachments in Conversations it should be an easy fix to link through the other two.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add virtual manipulatives for students to use within Teams.

This feature would take Teams to a whole new level compared to competitors. A library of virtual manipulative that teachers can drag into the meeting screen for students to see on an interactive whiteboard. For example, fraction parts, area tiles, counters, base 10 blocks, ruler, dice, etc.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. The video volume is too quiet. Make the volume enhancer increase the volume even more.

The video volume is too quiet. Make the volume enhancer increase the volume even more.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. File additions across multiple teams.

Could you please make it possible to add a file or folder to multiple teams at one time rather than adding them separately to each team. I teach 5 AP sections and they all work simultaneously. It takes time to add the same files to each class separately.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make the default of files as Read Only rather than just in 'Class Materials'

It is great that Class Materials is now available on mobile devices (iOS).

The vast majority of files I make available to students need to be read only. To do this I have to put them into Class Materials but this creates an additional 'click' to get into that file structure.

I would like to see the default for all files as 'Read Only' with an option to change this on a file (or folder) basis as we see fit.

I would love your thoughts on this.
    Regards,
    Gareth
    Mr GL Morris
    Vice Principal
    Clayton Hall Academy

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. search shared files in teams chat

see all files & links that were sent in a team's chat

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Leaving Files

When leaving an open file, either by hitting the close or back button, return to the previous place in the file hierarchy rather than to the root folder.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Link to OneDrive Folder

Please allow to add OneDrive specific folder to the "File" tab. Since some common teaching materials store in OneDrive / SharePoint document library appear in different teams.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make the Files Tab Files and Chat Files Tab Files consistent with each other

When editing a common file between our team, we confused the files in the "File tab" and the "Chat File Tab" as being the same files. This caused some miscommunication between teammates and lead to a paper not fully integrated with each team member's ideas. I would really appreciate personally if Microsoft could make the files consistent among both tabs. Thank you!

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. A counter to see how many students have downloaded a file in Teams

It would be great to have a counter to see how many students have downloaded a files or viewed a file I have uploaded as the teacher into the files section of Teams

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Have a 'Class materials' File in every channel

Can every channel have a 'Class materials' section. Or can there be an option to tick where students can't edit the document.

I have each topic set up as a channel on my Teams page and students keep clicking on the files and editing them by mistake- locking the file/ having a class materials in every channel would be a dream!

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base