Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Tile view (permanent Setting)

I want to be able to set this view for my students so they can find files more easily and it looks more friendly. With this feature, they can see the name of the file AND the picture of the file. It would be even better if we could change the color of the files and have some more customize features! :)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Tile view (permanent Setting)

I want to be able to set this view for my students so they can find files more easily and it looks more friendly. With this feature, they can see the name of the file AND the picture of the file. It would be even better if we could change the color of the files and have some more customize features! :)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. You should show a Dialog Box before click to download a recording

When an user needs to download a file, application teams does not show a dialog to inform the download is started. It is really necessary to show a dialog because the user is waiting an answer to know and he is focused in that point where he did click.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Copy not only layout folders, but also channel documents, assignments, and class materials when Create a team using an existing team as a te

copy channel documents, assignments, and class materials when Creating a team using an existing team as a template

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Returning to a document

When working on a doc in Files, if I go to another tab, eg to respond to a message, I have to open the document all over again. I'd like to be able to return to the document I am working on easily - a backspace? Return to document option on a button? 'Recent documents' option under files, would be ok too.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. locking the files

please add option in files in Teams to lock it so that it cannot be modified.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. send attachment to private channel (s)

Teacher here. Would love to be able to send attachments files for students to work in groups (channels)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow users to always "Open in App" for files

It is usually insufficient to just open a file in Teams. For example, when you need to edit a complicated Excel spread sheet or a Word document, you would prefer to do it in the actual Office app.

Currently in order to open the files in App, you have to either (1) open the file in Teams then chose "Open in App", or click the three dots next to the file and choose "Open" -> "Open in app". This is inconvenient. Please allow an option to "Always open in app" for certain types of files.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. R

We keep running into the issue of needing to lock spreadsheets or tabs within spreadsheets, but not having the ability to do so in Teams. Having too many people with editing access creates a lot of room for errors to occur as people accidentally edit or edit on purpose when they shouldn't be.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. By having a google docs shortcut

I think where you add polly etc. we should add Google Docs

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. This is the worst platform. It is not intuitive. I cannot delete items I myself have put in teams and other complaints I will log elsewhere

Have a month view for the calendar, be able to completely delete items that you yourself have created and saved but do not want on TEAMS as they may be work sensitive, it si ridiculous I cannot delete these items and yes I have checked online how to do it but my employer has locked it I hate this platform.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Please show an option of making PDF in MS Teams only by selecting the files.

In my class, students are really are not able to make PDFs. Mostly students are sending their work without making PDF and my teacher always scolds students that why they haven't made their work in PDF not PPT!!! Students do not want to listen to the scolds of the teacher. Please!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Addition of zooming on files using two hand gesture on laptop.

When a document is viewed from teams, when two hand gesture for zoom is used expecting to resize the document instead it resizes the whole teams apps and document stays the same. Please change the priority for zooming while in document viewing mode.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Do not allow students/attendees the ability to modify files.

Instead of having attendees being able to edit and modify files uploaded in the files section, have them have to download and then edit them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Change the video player for the files uploaded on the files section of any Team

What I want to say is that when I try to play the video lectures uploaded by my professor sometimes I need to go back 5 seconds in the video or I want to go 5 seconds ahead
    But the existing media player is very old fashioned with very less features
    Plzz try to introduce this feature as soon as possible

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Hide Resources in Teams

I would like to build up resources in Teams, specifically Class Materials, but I don't want students to be able to view the documents until I allow it. Is there any way to "hide" the documents, specifically in Class Materials?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. We should be able to upload PDFs to our files.

We should be able to upload PDFs to our files for use in teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Uneditable materials available in every channels created

As teachers, we organize our information according to units, periods, subjects of study. Students need to have a way to access materials for each unit of study that doesn't include always going back to the general tab to find those materials. These materials should be subject to the unit of study and easily accessible for teachers and students. Stop making this harder than what it already is...meaning, there are too many key strokes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base