Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Downloading status

It would be great to see a sort of progress bar, showing the percentage of files currently downloaded. When trying to download several podcasts (i.e. more than 1GB), I need to check manually every 2 minutes if the files are finally downloaded.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. calculator

The Desmos calculator would be a great addition as well as being able to do the card sorts that are available through Desmos. Such as ...https://teacher.desmos.com/activitybuilder/custom/579636bf8bea723b4b916804

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Create a way to share files into channels for multiple teams.

For example if I want to share a set of notes to all three of my classes (teams) Is there a way without having to upload it three separate teams.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Have an option to clear recent files in Teams

Have an option to clear recent files in Teams under Files
    Or if the recent list of files are cleared from folder option then it reflect in Teams

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add option to download documents to a file of the user's choice

an option to select the save location of downloadable files would be really useful

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Version history from within Teams

In SharePoint, when enabled, you can see the version history of a file. At the moment you can open a file from the Teams app in SharePoint and see its version history, but it would be great if you can check it from within the Teams app itself.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Drag and Drop Files into Folders within a Team

Teams is the only technology I know of that doesn't allow the user to drag and drop files into folders on the desktop version.

This would save me lots of time and clicking.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Shared OneDrive files should be accessible in Files in the desktop Teams application

In the Files section of Teams, it would be ideal if the OneDrive files that are accessible could also include the OneDrive files that have been shared with you. Currently, only the user's OneDrive files will appear, but I would like all OneDrive files that have been shared to also appear.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Can you share a link on Teams under File

Can you share a link to a file in Teams under the Files section?

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. edit a pdf document in teams

If the file is a pdf document, I can attach to teams but can not edit. How can we edit a pdf document?

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. please add a download manager for teams, we would like to see the progress on our downloads

please add a download manager for teams, we would like to see the progress on our downloads

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Posibility to add new Document Library

I want it to be easier to add a new document library in a channel, besides the Files tab. If I click on the plus sign in the files menu, it is only possible to link to an existing document library. I wish that I also could create a new one without having to go to Sharepoint.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Move/Place folders inside of other folders

Is there a way move/place folders inside of other folders? If not, I would like to see this option added. I find it would help with keeping my Team organized as we share/collaborate on files.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Remove File Upload Limit for Teachers

I frequently need to share multiple files with my students. In Teams I am limited to 10 files at a time where there is no compelling reason for this to be the case. Can this limit please be removed. If teachers want to limit student uploads, there should be a setting for that.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Tile view for Photos in Files

AS in sharepoint, a tile view should be available in files so photos can be previewed without having to toggle back to sharepoint.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow file upload to planner tasks

Allow file upload to planner tasks in Microsoft Teams. Now there is only the possibility to add links to tasks

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Show downloading bar while downloading a file or multiple files.

Download bar should pop-up after while downloading a file.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Link Tabs across multiple teams

Link tabs across different Teams. For example, if I have a Precalculus Per 1, Precalculus Per 2 and Precalculus Per 3, I want to add a "Chapter 7" tab to all 3 with the same contents. Provide an option to add the tab to another team as well. After adding it as a shared tab, all files uploaded there will run across all teams.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Slow or fast playback of audio or video files

I take audio or video recordings of meetings for those who could not make it can catch up.

I would be useful if Teams' file-sharing supports changing the speed of audio or video playback, eg, 0.25x, 0.5x, 0.75x, 1x, 1.25x, 1.5x, 1.75x, and 2x.

For only these features alone, I think it is better to share videos via YouTube at the moment.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add Sync to the Team Option that syncs at the "Document" level

Instead of adding a sync button in the "files" area and then having to sync each channel, just put a "sync all files" menu option on the Teams option menu. This should sync at the SharePoint "documents" level, this way I get all new added channels.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base