Schools and Universities

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams for Schools & Universities. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sorting Assignments - More options needed

I would like to be able to have assignments appear in an order of my choosing. Being able to group them under a unit or topic would also be important.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Downloading status

It would be great to see a sort of progress bar, showing the percentage of files currently downloaded. When trying to download several podcasts (i.e. more than 1GB), I need to check manually every 2 minutes if the files are finally downloaded.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Refresh Button/Option in Files

In Teams there isn't an option to refresh the directory you are in - you have to go up a folder and then back into the directory to see updated/added files. Can a refresh button be added (similar to in a Windows file path refresh)?

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. calculator

The Desmos calculator would be a great addition as well as being able to do the card sorts that are available through Desmos. Such as ...https://teacher.desmos.com/activitybuilder/custom/579636bf8bea723b4b916804

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Create a way to share files into channels for multiple teams.

For example if I want to share a set of notes to all three of my classes (teams) Is there a way without having to upload it three separate teams.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add option to download documents to a file of the user's choice

an option to select the save location of downloadable files would be really useful

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Slow or fast playback of audio or video files

I take audio or video recordings of meetings for those who could not make it can catch up.

I would be useful if Teams' file-sharing supports changing the speed of audio or video playback, eg, 0.25x, 0.5x, 0.75x, 1x, 1.25x, 1.5x, 1.75x, and 2x.

For only these features alone, I think it is better to share videos via YouTube at the moment.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Drag and Drop Files into Folders within a Team

Teams is the only technology I know of that doesn't allow the user to drag and drop files into folders on the desktop version.

This would save me lots of time and clicking.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. edit a pdf document in teams

If the file is a pdf document, I can attach to teams but can not edit. How can we edit a pdf document?

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. please add a download manager for teams, we would like to see the progress on our downloads

please add a download manager for teams, we would like to see the progress on our downloads

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Version history from within Teams

In SharePoint, when enabled, you can see the version history of a file. At the moment you can open a file from the Teams app in SharePoint and see its version history, but it would be great if you can check it from within the Teams app itself.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Shared OneDrive files should be accessible in Files in the desktop Teams application

In the Files section of Teams, it would be ideal if the OneDrive files that are accessible could also include the OneDrive files that have been shared with you. Currently, only the user's OneDrive files will appear, but I would like all OneDrive files that have been shared to also appear.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Show downloading bar while downloading a file or multiple files.

Download bar should pop-up after while downloading a file.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Show download progress (Files Tab/Downloads) for any kind of file (Currently this is not showing).

You cant see the progress of a download, like when i try to download a meetings video i cant see the progress, i can only see when this is finished.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Have an option to clear recent files in Teams

Have an option to clear recent files in Teams under Files
    Or if the recent list of files are cleared from folder option then it reflect in Teams

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Can you share a link on Teams under File

Can you share a link to a file in Teams under the Files section?

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Leaving Files

When leaving an open file, either by hitting the close or back button, return to the previous place in the file hierarchy rather than to the root folder.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Posibility to add new Document Library

I want it to be easier to add a new document library in a channel, besides the Files tab. If I click on the plus sign in the files menu, it is only possible to link to an existing document library. I wish that I also could create a new one without having to go to Sharepoint.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Tile view for Photos in Files

AS in sharepoint, a tile view should be available in files so photos can be previewed without having to toggle back to sharepoint.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow file upload to planner tasks

Allow file upload to planner tasks in Microsoft Teams. Now there is only the possibility to add links to tasks

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base