Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. There should be a feature when we are trying to send the fill test, when we need to confirme that we want to submit the test.

Today I had an exam and i pressed by mistake the submit button. There should be a confirmation before sending it!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Integration of existing MS products

Keep consistency for Word, Excel etc. Editing options are frustrating if using the Teams platform. Launching into desktop mode can be inconvenient and time consuming whilst making minor amendments before delivering content.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Ability to choose when a file becomes available

A feature I would like to see in the future, is the ability to choose when a file becomes available for my students. In that way I can give them an assignment and provide them with the solutions to the problems, but only after the assignment is finished

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Whole Class Bookmarks - One Quick Click

I need my students to be able to access a variety of websites.
    Exactly like the “Files” Feature, but instead of Files, where they then have to open a document and then click on a hyperlink, make it just a “Bookmark” tab where students can click on links, directly.
    I know I can make my own Bookmarks and access my own saved messages, but I would like for all of my students to also have the same messages saved, and the way that it is set up now is too much navigation for younger students.
    Please allow for Team Specific…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make a "go back funktion" that takes you back to the previously page you was on. Not like the one on teams that takes you way back.

When you enter a folder, then another folder, then another folder and then click "back" on teams, it takes you to posts. I didn't ask to get to posts, if i wanted posts i would have clicked posts. I want to get back to the folder that i was in before i pressed on the one that i am in right now.

Resume:
    Folder 1 --> Folder 2 --> Folder 3 --> "press back" --> posts = not what i asked for.

Folder 1 --> Folder 2 --> Folder 3 --> "press back" --> Folder 2 = Exactly what i…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Make it fun so students does not get bored

Vybkmojfetuuv4f4dascun8jiIiloveu

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Speed up/Slow down for your video player

Sometimes my teacher posts video lessons. She doesn't edit them, and the lessons are too slow. The files are a little wonky, and usually are around 1 or 2 GB. I would find it helpful if I could watch the video in x1.5 or x2 speed. Other students may find the teacher's videos to be too slow, so a x0.5 or x.75 speed would be good for them as well.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add a delete option in the file.....i have uploaded some stuff....that was not supposed to be uploaded...now i want to delete a file and i c

Add a delete option in the file.....i have uploaded some stuff....that was not supposed to be uploaded...now i want to delete a file and i cant.....it's really embarrassing if you upload something by mistake ....and now the whole college can make fun of you

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. You should be able to drag emails from Outlook to Teams.

Dragging emails from Outlook to Teams. The workaround is dragging from email to a folder and then from the folder to Teams. That's super clunky.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Be able to search files uploaded in a team

Sometimes I might not now where a certain file is, so it would be useful to be able to search the name instead of going through each file - especially as it once you open a file, if you close it, it takes you back to the first 'homepage' of files instead of the folder you recently opened.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Folders to organise different groups that I am in.

I am currently a member of nearly 60 groups and at a glance it is quite hard to see which classes are mine and which ones belong to other teachers in my department.

It would be good if there was the ability to create folders to organise the different groups that we belong to.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Return to the same file path after closing a file that your opened from Teams

By default when you open a file without selecting any other option it'll open the file to be viewed within Teams, however when you close this file within teams it goes back to the beginning of the files tab, making you navigate through the entire file path in case you opened the wrong file or wanted to view another file within in the same folder.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add tools for maths teachers

For online sessions, maths needs more tools

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. have separate rooms within the meeting

Be able to put attendees in different rooms to discuss on a topic away from the other room to then come back to the main meeting to share there ideas with one another. (different groups)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Change the default download folder

It would be very helpful to be able to change the default download folder in the settings. My default download folder is always the desktop and not the folder 'downloads'...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base