Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Listing files by numerical order is cumbersome. Item 10 is placed after 1 instead of 9.

Number 10 should be coded in such a way that an item is automatically arranged by numerical order. Right now, a 10 is placed after 1 instead of 9

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Restricted access to certain files/channels

Ability to add files that not all team members can see until permission is granted. This allows upload of all files at a certain date and allows you to reveal files to members at the team owners discretion.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Direct Copy document from Outlook to teams

Copy file directly from outlook to teams site. It will be helpful and easier to work in teams when received files in outlook.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. It would be nice if we can see the evolution of the onenote files like the submitted word-files.

It would be nice if we can see the evolution of the onenote files like the submitted word-files.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Possibility to desactivad (turn off) somes options (chat- conversation- file, ect)

When creating a team, it would be interesting to enable / disable some modules that will not be useful at the moment. example: chat, conversation, files, etc ...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Online files

When I work in online files (i.e. word/excel, etc), some of the formatting that shows up in the regular desktop version DOES NOT show in the online version. The only way to view the full formatting is to click edit in word. I have gotten feedback that this is frustrating. Will all the formatting ever show up in just the online version without having to click edit in word?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Keep file links even when it is moved into a different folder

Currently, files posted in conversation appear in the File tab. But any attempt at organising the files into folders will disable the link. This is very inconvenient. As long as the file remains in the channel, it should still be active.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. seperate file areas for classes

when creating a new class team, withing the files section there should be a folder that the student has access to along with the teacher but no one else, similar to the onen note sections, as currently we have teachers creating a team for the notebook and then manually creating a folder structure and sharing folders for their personal onedrive

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Simple file upload API

I'd like a simple API endpoint that I can just PUT a file to and have it added (or updated) to the team.

The use case is that I have a diagram that is updated once an hour that contains some information relevant to a project.

Currently that file is emailed to the relevant people.

I want to upload that file automatically into teams without having to use the full blown sharepointAPI so that it's available for all team members.

Using the sharepoint API is undesirable because it needs my own credentials to create the bearer token needed for the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Share a file with people who are not on the team

..without making them a member of the team.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. i cant send vbs files

i could be good if we all can send vbs files

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Drop a group of files into an existing folder within a channel

You should be able to move a selection of files (in a channel) at once into an existing folder in that same Team channel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Moving files within a Channel to a Folder or other breaks the Conversation link post

When you move a file that you have announced through a Conversation post, the link breaks on the conversation page. Given I make announcements to my Team when I've posted something in my channel. This breakage has created confusion when the team are trying to open the file it says it doesn't exist.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. replace files a la SharePoint

In MS Teams you cannot replace a folder, only a file.
    Why not move like in SharePoint. Hold, drag and place.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. upload files into buckets from the desktop app

In a bucket click on add new task then under add attachment the only option is to do link or SharePoint. No option to get the file from some place on the computer. It is not available on Mac or Win.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. One-click creation of new file in a chat

I would like the ability to create a new shared file in a chat with one click, like you can from the portal "front page" or in a channel.

As of now , you have to pick a document from you Onedrive.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. The filename of Not Shared with Everyone Onedrive documents ar

The filenames of 'Not Shared with Everyone' Onedrive documents are listed in the recent files section. This is convenient, but could a setting be added to adjust that visibility? I can imagine situations where someone is presenting a workflow process to a larger team and clicks files button and the name of an unshared document expose some unfortunate truth that was intended to be confidential without even realizing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base