Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Documents downloading

I think that Whoever is uploading should have an option to either,
    Option 1: Let everyone edit the same document
    Option 2: That each student will have a copy, so they don't have to worry about editing others work.
    Teachers are very new to his but students are too sometimes, so we need some clear option to help this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow for keyboard arrow clicking in files

When we upload files in teams, we have to click on each one individually. We cannot move between them like in OneDrive using the arrow keys. This is especially important when we are using Teams to upload photos onto. Clicking each file individually is a pain.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Copy documents to one drive easily

We need to be able to copy assignment documents to a one drive space, similar to documents on a file

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Permission Levels - Restricted View

I'm using MO Education A3 package. Is there any way to prevent class materials from being downloaded for visitor? (Turn on Restricted View - visitor can view pages on the browser, but cannot download)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. blogging

I cannot find a way to blog on question with students. I want to be able to put a question, have students post a response (and be identifiable) and post identifiable responses to peers. I want to be able to respond to them too. And once that questio is done I want to be able to file so students can review the conversation etc...
    I just started to use teams and I find it challenging to organize material and keep track of what students do and post.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Flags downloading from chat are in the way

when I download multiple files from chat, a flag pops up covering the downloads and I can't click the other downloads until the flags go away. Minor, but annoying.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Existing OneDrive Document Versus Make a Copy

I would love to see the ability to add an existing one drive document in the area of FILES in Teams that I want others to collaborate on. I don't want to have to make a copy. If I upload a copy then I have an old file back in my personal OneDrive. If I share the link to this file in the chat it will get lost. Adding a view only option would be beneficial as well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. On the Files tab make the Open in SharePoint link optional

The Open in SharePoint link appears by default on the Files tab of each channel and it doesn't appear to be possible to remove it. It would be good if only Owners could see this, or even better, have it optional. Many of our users are not familiar with SharePoint and we wouldn't want people going there who don't know what they are doing. Even pupils in a Class Team site can easily get to the SharePoint backend.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. After choosing the order of files from A to Z, it's not kept like that next time the folder is accessed

After choosing the order of files from A to Z, it's not kept like that next time the folder is accessed, restoring to the order by modification date. The order option should be saved until the user decides to change it again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Files are not in A-Z order

I would appreciate you can files stay in A-Z order

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Cloud editing by the main users of files that are encrypted (password-protected)

My team of 6 is required to constantly update a file (with sensitive information) with 15 viewers who will constantly retrieve information from the file. Cloud editing on an encrypted file (edit) on the Teams cloud would be really great.

Context: Microsoft files have a general tools, when prompted on the location to save the file, that encrypts the file with 2 passwords. The 1st to open the file, the 2nd to modify the file.
    Viewers of the file will be able to open the file as a "read only" file whereas the author of the file will have both…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I'm wondering why it's not possible to save documents directly into the Files section on Teams from Onedrive?

I have a Onedrive Folder where I keep my class materials and I would like to be able to share some of these materials with my learners. However, when I try to do this, there doesn't seem to be any simple way of uploading documents into the Files section of Teams from Onedrive.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow you to attach a document to an email straight from teams

It would be useful if you could attach a file to an email straight from Teams rather than having to download it first. I sometimes have to send things to colleagues outside of the team.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. One Drive and Teams File Hierarchy

The folder hierarchy between One Drive and Teams needs to be mirrored. Class A's files should appear identical without extra default folders.

One Drive class default: Class Files, Class Materials, Documents, Student Work.
    Same class Files default in Teams: General, Class Materials.

Users should make folders on their own. And be able to make them read only if they chose. Too many defaults.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Listing files by numerical order is cumbersome. Item 10 is placed after 1 instead of 9.

Number 10 should be coded in such a way that an item is automatically arranged by numerical order. Right now, a 10 is placed after 1 instead of 9

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Restricted access to certain files/channels

Ability to add files that not all team members can see until permission is granted. This allows upload of all files at a certain date and allows you to reveal files to members at the team owners discretion.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Direct Copy document from Outlook to teams

Copy file directly from outlook to teams site. It will be helpful and easier to work in teams when received files in outlook.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. It would be nice if we can see the evolution of the onenote files like the submitted word-files.

It would be nice if we can see the evolution of the onenote files like the submitted word-files.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base