Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. send folders to teachers

If you want to send a folder to a teacher it doesn't work(it just opens and you need to send them one by one). so why not instead just make an option of sending a folder.
    This would be easier than to convert a folder into a zip file.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Files posted in the Conversations tab accumulate to one folder or place

It would be easier to be able to find things that were shared and uploaded to the Conversations tab if it was attached to a folder. Then we could easily and go through the folder to find a document that was shared early in the Conversation feed.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Moving files within a Channel to a Folder or other breaks the Conversation link post

When you move a file that you have announced through a Conversation post, the link breaks on the conversation page. Given I make announcements to my Team when I've posted something in my channel. This breakage has created confusion when the team are trying to open the file it says it doesn't exist.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Chatbox as a flexibele "box" while working on a file together

When you work in realtime in a documents, somethimes its nice to chat with eachother at the same time.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Make files unvisible

It would be great that we can make files or folders unvisible for the students. In this way we can prepare our environment without that students see files they may not see yet.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Unpublish/Pulish Function in Files section of Microsoft Teams

It would be great if there could be the ability to upload mulitple documednts into the Files section of Teams but have them hidden or unpublished to students until they are required.

This would assist in setting up all of my folders for various topics but not acutally giveing the students viewing access until neccessary.

For example, with my VCE students, I like to give them practice assessments/exams and then once theyve completed it, I provide them with modeled answers. It would be great to have all of the documents already in Files, but pick and choose which ones are…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. user and file management

I need a way to make the files in teams only readable. I don't always want members to be able to modify the files in teams.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When creating a ClassTeam. Make a personal Folder for each student.

There should be a personal Folder in Files shared with each individual student for collaboration with the teachers.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Time on files

It would be better if in files when we upload something, it should say the exact time that we upload that, no like 1 hour ago, etc..
    it helps the teacher see if the student upload the work in time

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Files should be divided by team!

Files should be divided by team! Why can't I organize my files based on the team they're associated with?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. In the team section-

you should be able to invitie certain people to folders created in the fole section. Files the entire team can see and files only individual people can see on the team.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. oportunity to share file in a sceduled meeting in skype buisnes

oportunity to share file in a sceduled meeting in skype buisnes

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Open Office File in Full Application

Using the Mac Teams app, I'd like to open a file in an Office application locally rather than have it open using the Online app. My boss runs a Windows device and he doesn't have the same problem, so I think that it only needs to be rolled out on the Mac app.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. List Members / Channels / Bots (whatever those are) on the landing page with Conversations / Files / OneNote

Why do we have to click on the team name to find team members? Why isn't that tab just under the team name in the first place? There is no logical instructions on how to get back to the original Teams landing page (Conversations / Files / Notebook) either. Confusing. See attached for visual reference of what I am asking.

No one knows what Bots are either...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. google drive and dropbox account info

In Files, it is better to display the account I am connecting to the Google Drive and Dropbox cloud storage

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. right click/ellipsis to send a copy of a OneDrive file in a Teams drive

THere are quite a few steps involved in making a file available to a class in Teams. At the moments its just easier to email! If staff could just 'right click' or use the ellipsis to 'send to (a specific team, from the available list)' that would make sharing much easier. #MIEexpert

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base