Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Teacher Request that for video uploaded assign some owner permissions like 1) View only 2) Can not download or download for confidentiality

URGENT AND IMPORTANT

Being Professor, I Request that Teams Microsoft platform should assign some owner permissions like 1) View only 2) Can not download or download for uploading TEACHING VIDEO/DOCUMENTS for confidentiality of every video/documents uploaded.

This is required to stop illegal transmission of video among others except teams members. Such permission should be asked by software every time before uploading any type of documents or video file by owner. This is specially helpful for confidentiality TEACHING VIDEO file uploaded among team members.

Please take this seriously and add such permission features in Teams Microsoft software specially at the earliest…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Jumping Files

When in files and going back, it jumps back to the start or to another folder. Not just back a page.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Queja

La presentación no carga se queda en negro o como en la imagen además de que te saca de las clases

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Handy App für Android verbessern

Auf dem Handy werden nicht alle Dateien und Aufgaben angezeigt. Viele bekommen nicht mit, dass es Aufgaben gab. Ich würde mir wünschen, dass alle Aufbaben und Dateien auch über das Handy (Android) zu erreichen wären, sodass alle Schüler einen Zugriff auf diese haben.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Ensure that animations still work when presenting in the online application.

I made a PPT with interactive features (e.g., if students say the wrong option and the presenter clicks on it, the box turns red. If they click on the right option, it turns green.) However, this interactivity only works properly if I open the desktop version of PPT. I find this annoying, since I want to be able to present in the online application, which has a better writing and erasing feature during live presentations.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Favorites Bar

It would be helpful if users could have a favorites feature added. We use Teams for online classes and the teachers have created several groups that represent classes. Some "classes" have our main folders/files, but navigating them each time is very time consuming. If we could access a folder quickly via a favorites bar, it would help us to utilize our time in class more efficiently.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Hey,

Hey,

I suggest you add the "share option" of files in a team's channel to another team's channel.

e.g: share files of channel titled "activities" in team-1, to channel titled "activities" in team-2. thus, we avoid uploading them again.

thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Folders

Not all folders are visible in the android app for telephones - you have to be on a computer to access folders and files in use. This means not being able to add photos from a mobile device without emailing youself or accessing info from teachers on a mobile device.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I would like to be able to take an email attachment and save/load it direct to a channel in Teams Team. At the moment am painstakingly savi

I would like to be able to take an email attachment and save/load it direct to a channel in Teams Team. At the moment am painstakingly saving all these attachments on our O:drive and then uploading them from there. I have asked the community and have had one response so far which says that this isn't possible. Also our in-house helpers don't seem to think this exists. If that is the case I wonder why when this would be such an essential time saving feature.
    Thank you Lesley

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. to be able to mute someone or make them unmuted

to be able to put emmojis by your character so people know that you raised your hand like that idea hated the idea or dont under stand or got it

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Prepare posts, but then hide them until you want people to see them

It would be good to prepare a post on teams fully but choose for it to remain hidden until you click to make it visible to all. This would all you to prepare without worrying that students may already do it and then turn up expecting more straight away.

Related - you could add a timer function here too. If I was 'away' and wanted to set my posts to appear tomorrow so I didn't have to login to do it manually I could set a time that they would be published automatically.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. The downloading of lessons is very slow

The downloading of lessons is very slow

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Have separate owners for specific channels within our teams class.

Our school has a music teacher that has not been granted access to our school teams through IT. I have added a channel for her in our class Team. I want her to be the owner of her channel within my team. She's an owner now but receives a great deal of messaging from my class that she doesn't need.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. File Categorizing

When adding files to a folder, it lists them Z to A by default...the default should be A to Z...or at least have a setting that allows you to select the default categorization of your files.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. when you scroll a document like a pdf in microsoft teams the number of pages remain unchanged

when you scroll a document like a pdf in microsoft teams the number of pages remain unchanged

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Edit more than one team all at once

I'd LOVE a way to edit all my classroom teams at the same time: add a channel to 6 teams at once, or even upload files to the same folder in all six different classroom teams without having to copy a bunch of times.

It would also be nice to post a message to all my teams at once.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base