Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make it easy to zoom in with the mousepad instead of having to press and choose zoom 50-175% PLEASE. THANKS!

ITS NOT POSSIBLE TO ZOOM IN ON DOCUMENTS WITH THE MOUSEPAD? Please make it avalible to zoom with 2 fingers on the mousepad instead of having to press and click on 50-175%. THANKS?!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. As aulas da faculdade estão sendo feitas por uma reunião do Teams, mas agira não é mais possível ter acesso a elas offline, ou seja, por dow

As aulas da faculdade estão acontecendo por reunião do Teams, mas agora não é mais possível fazer o download para assistir offline, o que prejudica meus estudos, já que muita coisa tenho deixado para anotar depois. Era muito melhor quando podíamos baixar o arquivo

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add weblinks in the "class materials" folder (articles, videos, etc).

It would be very useful to be able to upload more than just files to the class materials folder (especially weblinks)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to schedule class materials for a future time.

Just like you are able to schedule assignments, being able to schedule a post of class materials would be very useful.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow app shortcuts in teams

Allow app shortcuts to forms without needing a specific completed form. this should be along the top in teams, files tab.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Auto download lectures

The lectures should be auto downloaded in the teams before it expires.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. pre-record instruction

Pre-record video Instruction--I would like the ability to create a pre-recorded video in Teams (including my voice as I am pointing out important details from my screen).That way when I am meeting with my groups, I could share my desktop screen/video instead of presenting it LIVE. (like a tutorial)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. search files and folders in file section of team

Search bar to search for files and folders in a channel. This will be very useful to find particular files when there are many files to go through in a channel.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow for Google Docs compatibility

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ease the tension and stress for us teachers by allowing the seamless integration of Google Docs/Google Slides+Teams. We will spend our entire lifetimes converting so many documents, and this is causing too much unneeded stress. Please allow us to just upload material from our Google Drive. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. :-(

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Create a tab for files, assignments and other content to be organized into modules/topics

I’d love for Microsoft Teams to have a tab similar to the classwork tab in Google Classroom to allow us to create topics/modules/units by integrating files, links, assignments, etc. into one place. This would help us to organize material so students don’t have to go from tab to tab to find what they need.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Addition of zooming on files using two hand gesture on laptop.

When a document is viewed from teams, when two hand gesture for zoom is used expecting to resize the document instead it resizes the whole teams apps and document stays the same. Please change the priority for zooming while in document viewing mode.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. File Problem

On teams if an educator uploaded a file eg. 1 month ago, that has the same name as a file he/she uploaded yesterday, if I want to open the file from one month ago it will not allow me to and just redirect me to the most recent file in the chat. I understand that the teacher is at fault here but this is a complete inconvenience to the learners and there is no way we can see the file. I suggest there should be a feature where all files are numbered on the system which may classify them as…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I have uploaded an image of myself by mistake and there is no option for deleting it

There must be a delete option so that if once something is uploaded by mistake, it can be deleted easily.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add URLs as Class Materials

I would like the ability to not only to upload files but also to add URLs as class materials (similar to Google Classroom).

Thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I AM NOT ABLE TO LISTEN VOICE

I AM NOT ABLE TO LISTEN VOICE

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Move a folder by dragging and dropping

Move a folder from one channel into another.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. La app tiende a ser algo confusa ....

La app tiende a ser algo confusa, poco intuitiva , no registra numeros de los que se recibio llamadas, entre otras cosas que deberian analizarse mejor.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. monitor views

It would be great to be able to see if people have been reading documents on Teams.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Would like a way to filter/organize by file type - specifically video

After creating multiple videos for the class, students have trouble referring back to a particular video out of perhaps dozens. And there doesn't seem to be a way to, for example, just show the meeting videos, so they could browse from a short list. Instead, they have to wander through the channel where the meeting is and try to find that needle in the channel haystack. This same idea could be expanded to include searching/organizing by date, file type, theme, etc

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. HOW CAN I USE MY GOOGLE FORMS IN TEAMS?

I WANT TO ADD GOOGLE FORMS LINK

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base