Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Assignment Sorting

I agree with the whole posting assignments under the assignments tabs, but it should separate assignments by the section it’s under. For example, I get the same assignments for every chapter. It’s one chapter per week and every chapter comes with a review, medlist, math problems, and other assignments. I like seeing my assignments and looking them over before I actually do them to see what I actually know I can answer without looking into the book. When I do what I normally do, the BOLD, unread posts become ‘unbold’, read posts. Now I waste time trying to find assignments…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Having a stored files section for teachers

Is it possible to have a stored files section so folders and files are not achieved when the class is at the end of the year, and students do not have access to see them?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. File additions across multiple teams.

Could you please make it possible to add a file or folder to multiple teams at one time rather than adding them separately to each team. I teach 5 AP sections and they all work simultaneously. It takes time to add the same files to each class separately.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Rubric Folder

I would really like the ability to access/edit/duplicate rubrics outside of an assignment. A rubrics folder that I can use to access/edit/duplicate/reuse rubrics would be excellent. It is extremely cumbersome to only be able to edit the rubric in the assignment. It also means that I can't prepare the rubric until I'm nearly ready to post the assignment, and it's difficult to use that rubric or a similar one again weeks or months later.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Be able to close documents when looking at an assignment

If I open a document in an assignment that has been posted in one of my teams occasionally it won't close when I press the close button. It will minimise slightly but not close so I have to click on one of the tabs at the top like posts or files to get out of it. However, this doesn't happen all the time so I don't know if there is something that I am doing which is causing it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. whiteboard, Q&A and poll facility

by adding a whiteboard, Q&A and poll facility, allowing users to engage and see result in real time, rather than scrolling through a chat history to view results

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Please, go back to using ZOOM! Microsoft is much too complicated to Admin.

Hey Teacher, Please replace Teams with Zoom?!!!. Microsoft makes everything much too complicated and works like crap on Android.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. PDF download

Allow us to download content being shared as a PDF

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Back/forward function for files in order to go between folders w/o going back to beginning each time

Please create a back/forward button for easy transition/interoperability within the file folders. As of now, if you're accessing a document within a parent file folder (e.g. file b), that's within a file folder (e.g. file a) , and want to go back once step (e.g. to file b), there is currently now way to do this. Rather, it takes you all the way back out to the start (e.g. to file a). It would be really helpful to have the same file folder functions as all of the other Microsoft office products (back/forward level at a time). I hope this…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. uploading multiple files at once to a file folder

Please add a feature to allow us to upload multiple files to a Teams folder with one upload click.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. About Modified Feature in files

That thats the modifed can be switched with Created when and by who so that like the teacher post week 1, week 2 and its in order so its better to see

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Put "Manage Access" back into Teams->Files->Ellipsis

Please put back the "Manage access" option in Teams-->Files-->Ellipsis. The option has changed. Manage access is now only available through SharePoint ONLY. It used to be available through the ellipsis in Teams. Now it's an extra few steps to be able to manage access of files from within a team. Please put them back and make this process simpler.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Notify me when somebody has posted a file in Files

People usually post documents in Files while thinking that everybody knows about it. There is no notification for that and I firmly believe things need to be changed. This notifications will ease the studying process and there are not going to be other forgotten materials to read.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Não estou conseguindo acessar os videos da plataforma teams pelo celular, os vídeos não carregam

Gostaria que a plataforma possa ser visualizada melhor pelo celular, pois temos muitos alunos que não tem um computador pra acessar e acabam sendo prejudicados

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Customise the tile image in files

Currently in Files (Tile Mode) the folder image is of a folder. Could we have the ability to change the 'folder' image to a customised image? This would make it similar to the 'Teams' page?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. please add a download manager for teams, we would like to see the progress on our downloads

please add a download manager for teams, we would like to see the progress on our downloads

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 20 21
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base