Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Would like a way to filter/organize by file type - specifically video

After creating multiple videos for the class, students have trouble referring back to a particular video out of perhaps dozens. And there doesn't seem to be a way to, for example, just show the meeting videos, so they could browse from a short list. Instead, they have to wander through the channel where the meeting is and try to find that needle in the channel haystack. This same idea could be expanded to include searching/organizing by date, file type, theme, etc

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Have an option to clear recent files in Teams

Have an option to clear recent files in Teams under Files
    Or if the recent list of files are cleared from folder option then it reflect in Teams

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Sorting Assignments - More options needed

I would like to be able to have assignments appear in an order of my choosing. Being able to group them under a unit or topic would also be important.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Files across channels that automatically edit in both locations.

Sometimes it makes sense for a file to be in multiple channels. It would be nice for those files to be linked so that when once is edited, the other automatically receives the same edits.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. HOW CAN I USE MY GOOGLE FORMS IN TEAMS?

I WANT TO ADD GOOGLE FORMS LINK

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Could closing a file not throw you back into the beginning of the channels files structure.

In our team's Team we have folder/file structure. But when you open a file nested in some amount of folders and close it then Teams throws you back into the channel's file landing page. This is super annoying. Could it not?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. after opening a file, the file tab closes.

whenever a file, for example, a PowerPoint presentation is opened and then closed, the files tab also closes and we have to go back to it, search for the folder and open it again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. See who has checked out file

When you check out a file, nobody else can see who checked it out so if you need to make an edit, it is impossible to ask the person to check the file back in.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Assignment Sorting

I agree with the whole posting assignments under the assignments tabs, but it should separate assignments by the section it’s under. For example, I get the same assignments for every chapter. It’s one chapter per week and every chapter comes with a review, medlist, math problems, and other assignments. I like seeing my assignments and looking them over before I actually do them to see what I actually know I can answer without looking into the book. When I do what I normally do, the BOLD, unread posts become ‘unbold’, read posts. Now I waste time trying to find assignments…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Having a stored files section for teachers

Is it possible to have a stored files section so folders and files are not achieved when the class is at the end of the year, and students do not have access to see them?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. File additions across multiple teams.

Could you please make it possible to add a file or folder to multiple teams at one time rather than adding them separately to each team. I teach 5 AP sections and they all work simultaneously. It takes time to add the same files to each class separately.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Rubric Folder

I would really like the ability to access/edit/duplicate rubrics outside of an assignment. A rubrics folder that I can use to access/edit/duplicate/reuse rubrics would be excellent. It is extremely cumbersome to only be able to edit the rubric in the assignment. It also means that I can't prepare the rubric until I'm nearly ready to post the assignment, and it's difficult to use that rubric or a similar one again weeks or months later.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Be able to close documents when looking at an assignment

If I open a document in an assignment that has been posted in one of my teams occasionally it won't close when I press the close button. It will minimise slightly but not close so I have to click on one of the tabs at the top like posts or files to get out of it. However, this doesn't happen all the time so I don't know if there is something that I am doing which is causing it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. whiteboard, Q&A and poll facility

by adding a whiteboard, Q&A and poll facility, allowing users to engage and see result in real time, rather than scrolling through a chat history to view results

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Please, go back to using ZOOM! Microsoft is much too complicated to Admin.

Hey Teacher, Please replace Teams with Zoom?!!!. Microsoft makes everything much too complicated and works like crap on Android.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. PDF download

Allow us to download content being shared as a PDF

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base