Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Files deleted option is not available. This is big problem.

Files deleted option is not available. This is big problem.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fortnite V.S Minecraft

Vote for Minecraft comment for Fortnite

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add an option to open Office documents in the apps by default

If you open documents inside of Teams, then you can't view/edit the document while simultaneously referencing information from a Teams post or assignment. This is terrible for multitasking--or even just regular tasking. I don't want to have to click on the document, forget that it opens in Teams by default, close out of that, click the three dots, and then click "open in app." Plus, the online version of Office is significantly slower and less functional than the desktop version.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Downloading Lectures

By Showing Downloading Progress In Downloads Section

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allowing Teachers to delete student files within the Team Class Notebook

Allowing Teachers to delete student files within the Team Class Notebook

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Lecture recording videos do not download

Hi! I can't download video in the mobile application from Teams. You should do something about that. Unfortunately every students haven't got pc yet.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. hello, mr soft.

Hello mr soft, can you please ban my son's teacher? She gave him a bad score and it isn't fair. please fix this. her name is miss grey

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Las notificaciones no son claras

Las notificaciones no son muy claras y la mayoría de las ocasiones no emergen en el menú.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Option to BLOCK the contents of folder from downloading in OneDrive for Business

Is there any option to BLOCK the contents of folder from downloading in OneDrive for Business?
    Even i share single share folder also not able to see the BLOCK for download.if I share a folder which is include PPT ,word and etc, PEOPLE IN MY ORGANIZATION can download the copy to their computer. When I share PDF, PEOPLE IN MY ORGANIZATION can download the PDF to their computer. it is possible to block download of Word, Excel, PowerPoint ,PDF files and other such as jpeg ,png ,etc.
    I check the read option is working just the Download option can't see.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Show Record Download status

when we download a lecture video from the chat menu we don't show any ongoing download status. and file explorer shows the downloaded video file name as "Video". in multiple downloads we don't know what is the file and we have to rename it. if you can rename the files as course name and show the percentage of ongoing download it will be easy to work with.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Viewing photos in files

When I open files folder and I want to see several photos that are uploaded in the files, I´d be much happier I could just simply swich photos from right to left and in the opposite direction too.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Return to original folder after opening a file

When i click close after opening a file, put me back into the original folder i was in (the one with the file), and not to the directory with all the files. I had to download 10 pictures and after clicking on one, then clicking download in the corner and clicking 'close' it put me back to the "beginning" where all the folders are stored in the "team".

doing this 10 times is not fun.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Can the instructor prevent students from recording a lecture?

Can the instructor prevent students from recording a lecture?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Prevent a specific student from adding a file (to shared files) or commenting channel messages

A feature that allows teachers to ban a specific student from posting/answering channel messages or adding files to the shared files section. This is to prevent inappropriate content.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I would like to see separate pages when working on a Microsoft word doc with others in teams

The view should show separate pages instead of multiple pages following into each other. Everytime I go to put the doc back into word my document pages go out of order because teams does not show a true cutoff point where the page ends

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Ability to delete Chat files within the Files folder, not in the chat

It would be very helpful to be able to organize, delete etc...Chat files the same way as Team files, from inside the Files folder (and not the chat).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. CLONE

Faire en sorte qu'on puisse cloner une équipe existante. Il serait ensuite possible d'.en changer le nom et d'ajouter un propriétaire pour lui permettre de gérer les mêmes élèves sans refaire une nouvelle équipe.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base