Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. File editing is not updated everywhere the file exists.

When you upload the file somewhere, whenever someone edits it - it is edited live (like a Google doc) - which is good.
    But if you send that file as a link to someone else, that file becomes an independent version/copy of it. Should be able to share editable files that get updated all across

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Attached files to tasks

Attached files on tasks open not in the Teams App itself but into a web-browser (i.e. Safari, Chrome) - and then in that browser it tells us to download the Teams App that we have already downloaded... No way to see/find the document that was attached to the task. (Unless it was shared in other method).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Google Team Drive

Please add support for Google Team Drives. Currently, we can only see and access files located and shared within the user's Google Drive. Adding support for Google's Team Drives would save us a lot of time.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Unpublish/Pulish Function in Files section of Microsoft Teams

It would be great if there could be the ability to upload mulitple documednts into the Files section of Teams but have them hidden or unpublished to students until they are required.

This would assist in setting up all of my folders for various topics but not acutally giveing the students viewing access until neccessary.

For example, with my VCE students, I like to give them practice assessments/exams and then once theyve completed it, I provide them with modeled answers. It would be great to have all of the documents already in Files, but pick and choose which ones are…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Show cloud storage in Files on mobile

The SharePoint folder in the Files tab on the mobile apps is not visible.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Remove File Upload Limit for Teachers

I frequently need to share multiple files with my students. In Teams I am limited to 10 files at a time where there is no compelling reason for this to be the case. Can this limit please be removed. If teachers want to limit student uploads, there should be a setting for that.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Files between apps easier.

Its time consuming to get files between apps such as email, teams, the local file system, etc...
    Example - I cant drag an email or email attachment from outlook or 0365 to teams or any other 0365 app.
    That's why we have not had any take up of these products. Everything takes to long and is over complex to perform simple tasks.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. user and file management

I need a way to make the files in teams only readable. I don't always want members to be able to modify the files in teams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add option to download documents to a file of the user's choice

an option to select the save location of downloadable files would be really useful

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. When creating a ClassTeam. Make a personal Folder for each student.

There should be a personal Folder in Files shared with each individual student for collaboration with the teachers.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Hide folders and files in the teams sharepoint library

I want to be able to hide certain folders or files in the SharePoint library of a team and channel

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. One-click creation of new file in a chat

I would like the ability to create a new shared file in a chat with one click, like you can from the portal "front page" or in a channel.

As of now , you have to pick a document from you Onedrive.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Version history from within Teams

In SharePoint, when enabled, you can see the version history of a file. At the moment you can open a file from the Teams app in SharePoint and see its version history, but it would be great if you can check it from within the Teams app itself.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Create a hyperlink library in files

In teams, I'd like to be able to post a list of links that can be accessed right from Teams. At this point, I have to create a Word Doc with hyperlinks on it then upload that to the Files tab. When my team tries to open the links, they have to open it in Sharepoint instead of the link going straight to the web.

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. The filename of Not Shared with Everyone Onedrive documents ar

The filenames of 'Not Shared with Everyone' Onedrive documents are listed in the recent files section. This is convenient, but could a setting be added to adjust that visibility? I can imagine situations where someone is presenting a workflow process to a larger team and clicks files button and the name of an unshared document expose some unfortunate truth that was intended to be confidential without even realizing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Limit access to a folder (and the files within) to specific members of a team

In some circumstances, there is data pertinent to the team's activities but the data contains sensitive information that should only be viewed by members with more seniority.

It would be nice in a circumstance like this to create a folder and be able to adjust permissions to limit who can access and who can edit.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Drag and Drop in Files

We need to be able to drag and drop multiple files into Teams. Currently you can't drag and drag in files and you can only add 10 files at

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Are you going to allow searching within files (PDF's for example) so that the search box is universal and not only looking for commentary?

Are you going to allow searching within files (PDF's for example) so that the search box is universal and not only looking for commentary?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base