Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. download able recording link

recorded video are just watchable but not downloadable
    it would be great adding download option in recordings

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please consider involving the following options

1) an option to cancel the "already initiated download of files and recording".
    2) an option to play the recorded meetings without downloading it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Share notebook pages easier

I was woking with my team and we all came up with an assignment for the students. We were not able to give eachother the page to add to our notebook. You either had to copy the link or add it to a shared notebook and then move it again. It is very difficult to move and share pages with collegues. Please help us promote working as a team and make this an easier task!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Ability to change the speed of the recorded meeting while playing in the ms teams

The speed of the recorded lecture or meeting while playing in ms teams should change as per user convenience.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. MS teams needs to upgrade it's app and include features like assignments tab, classroom material, etc.

I use MS teams on my phone as I don't have pc. I'm not able to access the assignments tab, classroom room material, etc. Please update the app with all these features as not every student can afford a pc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Choose download location for files attached to a channel.

Add a setting to be able to choose where you files should be downloaded, or at least prompt the user when a download is initiated.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Fix the download files feature

Download often crashes, there is no way to figure out whether download is progressing or completed, download notifications come at random

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add notification to files

This application provide a great audio and video quality during a meeting but it also depends on your internet connection. There is just a problem with this application, which is the lack of notification. It only notifies you of a schedule meeting and chats. But it would be much better if the Microsoft teams notify you if something have been added to the file section in a team.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. To show status of files being downloaded.

Dear MS Team,
    Kindly add a facility in Files tab where user can see the details of the the files currently being downloaded. There you can give provisioning to pause or cancel the download.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. schedule when team members can see a file

it'd be nice if I can upload a file in school materials (BEFORE the lesson starts for example) and schedule its appearance to team members whenever I want. this way I can upload a file whenever I remember and not have a bunch of files that I need to upload after EACH SESSION

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Skip a few seconds for videos

When watching an .mp4 or similar video files through Teams, you should be able to press the arrow keys to skip a few seconds back/forth, 5 or 10.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. ms teams members for class team can edit the files uploaded by teacher, please update the site permission from Members to Visitor

ms teams members for the class team can edit the files uploaded by the teacher, please update the site permission from Members to Visitor especially for the class group (students)

Now teams or sharepoint doesnt have the option to change the permission at once but manually do it one by one.. (change the permission for students from MEMBERS to VISITOR)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Notify when a file is uploaded

It would be better to get a notification when a file is uploaded. Currently we have to go to the file section of each and every teams to check if anything new is uploaded.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Customize Browsable Locations when sharing Power Points

Currently when sharing screens you are given the option to share a recent power point, or when you click browse, you can browse your personal OneDrive or upload from your computer.

You should be able to browse all channels/file locations you have access to in teams. This would allow me to share class materials and course PowerPoints more freely.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Enregistrement de réunion

Je n'arrive plus a voir les enregistrements de réunion sur mon téléphone alors qu'avant j'y arrivais

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Pin very important things on chat box, like a document or chat

Make things like documents, links, and chat visible for EVERYBODY without scrolling in the chat box. This is for quick access to important links, like tutorials and YouTube educational videos. For example if a teacher has tech problems with hearing videos, students can go to the link themselves. Or just list things without sharing the screen!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base