Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. One-click creation of new file in a chat

I would like the ability to create a new shared file in a chat with one click, like you can from the portal "front page" or in a channel.

As of now , you have to pick a document from you Onedrive.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Version history from within Teams

In SharePoint, when enabled, you can see the version history of a file. At the moment you can open a file from the Teams app in SharePoint and see its version history, but it would be great if you can check it from within the Teams app itself.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Create a hyperlink library in files

In teams, I'd like to be able to post a list of links that can be accessed right from Teams. At this point, I have to create a Word Doc with hyperlinks on it then upload that to the Files tab. When my team tries to open the links, they have to open it in Sharepoint instead of the link going straight to the web.

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. The filename of Not Shared with Everyone Onedrive documents ar

The filenames of 'Not Shared with Everyone' Onedrive documents are listed in the recent files section. This is convenient, but could a setting be added to adjust that visibility? I can imagine situations where someone is presenting a workflow process to a larger team and clicks files button and the name of an unshared document expose some unfortunate truth that was intended to be confidential without even realizing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Limit access to a folder (and the files within) to specific members of a team

In some circumstances, there is data pertinent to the team's activities but the data contains sensitive information that should only be viewed by members with more seniority.

It would be nice in a circumstance like this to create a folder and be able to adjust permissions to limit who can access and who can edit.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Drag and Drop in Files

We need to be able to drag and drop multiple files into Teams. Currently you can't drag and drag in files and you can only add 10 files at

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Are you going to allow searching within files (PDF's for example) so that the search box is universal and not only looking for commentary?

Are you going to allow searching within files (PDF's for example) so that the search box is universal and not only looking for commentary?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Offer a search bar or feature for files

Offer a search bar for the files under teams, otherwise its impossible to search files

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow users to create a link to a folder from a conversation

At the moment from within a conversation I seem to only be able to link to a file that is held in the files area of a channel in Teams. I would like to be able to put a link in to a folder. For example you might have several files from a presentation that you want to share, and you have grouped these into a folder within Teams

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Improve Google Drive integration

Improve the Google Drive integration. Often we can't open a Google Drive file within Teams, even if someone (such as myself) has posted it there, and shared it. Please make this work!

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Inserting files into the Teams OneNote from the Teams Files area.

To be able to insert files directly from the Teams 'Files' area within the Teams 'OneNote'. Presently this can only be done by downloading and then uploading.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. printing from teams Files tab

printing from teams
    It would be nice if it was posible to print directly from teams.
    i have an pdf in my files under a team, but to print it i need to download it to my machine and open and print it here.

82 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Drag and Drop Files into Folders within a Team

Teams is the only technology I know of that doesn't allow the user to drag and drop files into folders on the desktop version.

This would save me lots of time and clicking.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Archiving Groups

My manager accidentally disbanded our group/team. Now all the conversation and files we had uploaded are all gone. Being able to archive that info and to restore or merge it to another group would be very helpful.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. computer at work

My personal files are made from home PCs that appear on the computer at work.
    I find it hard to control personal files and shared files.
    I think there should be a symbol or a prominent display option on the menu bar.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. File folders in Teams: same functionality as Windows Explorer

• Adding columns (e.g. author of the file) is not possible

• Changing width of colums not possible

• Sorting files of a folder has to be redone everytime you opened one of the files

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Files Shared with you on One Drive

Before we found out about Microsoft Teams, my teammate shared a One Drive folder with all the members of our team so that we can share and store our deliverables in a centralized storage.

After we found out about Microsoft Team, we wanted to still be able to access the shared One Drive within Microsoft Team so that we will not need to work with 2 separate platforms to store our deliverables.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. copy and paste files

fairly simple, but essential for file management with multiple classes!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Option to load a FILE to multiple TEAMS at one time istead of repeating the process again and again.

A lot of wasted time reposting the same information to multiple TEAMS (aka Classes) Should have option to click to post files to multiple TEAMS (or classes) with a simple click.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base