Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Join Teams together that are the same subject and class

Schoology has the ability to merge classes together so when you post information or put information in one Team, it goes in the other Teams you merged. I teach US history and I HAVE to use Teams right now. So I am putting the same information into Schoology once and when I go into Teams, I have to do it 4 times for each US History course I teach.

And make it so I can put the answers into the multiple choice questions and it grades itself and puts it into a grade book like Schoology. If you want to…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow Sharing of Links in the Files Tab

I want to be able to save website links in the files tab, just like I can save links in a file in One Drive. For instance, in my Pre-Employment Skills channel of my Life Skills class I created a folder in the Files tab called Typing. I want to be able to share website links to an online typing class and typing games. I realize I could create a Word Doc with a list of links, but that is just one more step. My students are Intellectually Disabled, and I want to make it as simple as possible for…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make the default of files as Read Only rather than just in 'Class Materials'

It is great that Class Materials is now available on mobile devices (iOS).

The vast majority of files I make available to students need to be read only. To do this I have to put them into Class Materials but this creates an additional 'click' to get into that file structure.

I would like to see the default for all files as 'Read Only' with an option to change this on a file (or folder) basis as we see fit.

I would love your thoughts on this.
    Regards,
    Gareth
    Mr GL Morris
    Vice Principal
    Clayton Hall Academy

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Have separate owners for specific channels within our teams class.

Our school has a music teacher that has not been granted access to our school teams through IT. I have added a channel for her in our class Team. I want her to be the owner of her channel within my team. She's an owner now but receives a great deal of messaging from my class that she doesn't need.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Creating new clasd notebooks for each term

Hi, it would be great if there was a way to archive your team class notebook at the end of a term so that you start with a fresh one every term. This would avoid the problem of congested sections and would be much easier for primary students to navigate.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Video lesson experience and planning

Good afternoon,

I am an educator in South Africa and just have some suggestions on how to make the lesson experience easier for teachers to be able to plan lessons well in advance and thus better educating our pupils.

There should be an option where one can create video content without having to post it instantly. So far all the video capabilities rely on the fact that I can conduct a lesson over meetings, flawlessly, either live or have to do a prerecorded lesson in one shot and then post it instantly.

The ability to record a lesson, do some…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. File Categorizing

When adding files to a folder, it lists them Z to A by default...the default should be A to Z...or at least have a setting that allows you to select the default categorization of your files.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. PPSX files should open as a PPSX in tabs

A PPSX file is a powerpoint that only opens as the "show" and not the powerpoint editor. It would be great to be able to post a PPSX file as a tab in teams. Right now my workaround is exporting the PPT as a PDF and using that as a tab. Not as elegant.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Defualt permission setting for files

At the moment all files uploaded onto Team are set to "can edit". It would save teachers considerable time if the default setting was "can view". Many documents we share with students have task instructions, notes and/or write on templates that we want students to upload and work on individually or in groups. If you forget to change the settings in Share Point (in manage access) you can have one student altering everyone's document.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. when you scroll a document like a pdf in microsoft teams the number of pages remain unchanged

when you scroll a document like a pdf in microsoft teams the number of pages remain unchanged

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Uploading files on mobile platforms

Some teachers are very frustrated at the fact that students cannot upload files because they are working through mobile platforms. I think that this should be a feature, especially since some people won't have access to computers during this time of crisis.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Links don't work (PPSX,PDF Files) Teams Desktop

Hi everyone, my problem is this, I am using the TEAMS desktop application. I upload files with the extension "ppsx, pdf" to the files section of any group. Then I open these files in the application. After opening the application, I click on the links in the files with the extension "ppsx, pdf". The link does not work. In order to run the connection, I download the file to my desktop or use the TEAMS application via the web browser. I'm adding a sample video explaining my problem

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Journal Option

I wish that there was a journal option that co ordinates with the assignments and meetings. It would be easier to be organised.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. In files section of teams please add file size column

In files section of teams please add file size column

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add Microsoft OneDrive as an option for cloud storage, rather than just Google Drive and Sharepoint

Add Microsoft OneDrive as an option for cloud storage, rather than just Google Drive and Sharepoint

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. make the class materials folder accessible through teams on ANDROID

I know this is available on IOS but it isn't currently on android

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. An exam countdown timer or a clock facility that can be shared

Having the facility of an exam or task timer that the learner and host can see

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Edit more than one team all at once

I'd LOVE a way to edit all my classroom teams at the same time: add a channel to 6 teams at once, or even upload files to the same folder in all six different classroom teams without having to copy a bunch of times.

It would also be nice to post a message to all my teams at once.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. pin files

It would be great to be able to pin files, like in the desktop apps, so you don't have to search through the list to find the last one you just had open.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base