Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Files Shared with you on One Drive

Before we found out about Microsoft Teams, my teammate shared a One Drive folder with all the members of our team so that we can share and store our deliverables in a centralized storage.

After we found out about Microsoft Team, we wanted to still be able to access the shared One Drive within Microsoft Team so that we will not need to work with 2 separate platforms to store our deliverables.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. copy and paste files

fairly simple, but essential for file management with multiple classes!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Option to load a FILE to multiple TEAMS at one time istead of repeating the process again and again.

A lot of wasted time reposting the same information to multiple TEAMS (aka Classes) Should have option to click to post files to multiple TEAMS (or classes) with a simple click.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Can I get notification when new files are added to a channel I am following?

I would like to know when someone modifies files or uploads new files in the channels I am following

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Remove default tabs - build custom channel

i would like te be able to remove the default tabs (Conversations, Files, Wiki) from a channel.

So i can build a fully custom channel

64 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Time on files

It would be better if in files when we upload something, it should say the exact time that we upload that, no like 1 hour ago, etc..
    it helps the teacher see if the student upload the work in time

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Files should be divided by team!

Files should be divided by team! Why can't I organize my files based on the team they're associated with?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. In the team section-

you should be able to invitie certain people to folders created in the fole section. Files the entire team can see and files only individual people can see on the team.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Drag and Drop Files

Please can you add the facility to drag and drop files out of teams application rather than needing to download them.drag and drop files out of teams rather than needing to download them. It would be really helpful if you could make the files tab act more like explorer in the way it handles files.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow an existing Sharepoint to mapped to the team file tabe

Our organization works on SharePoint. We like the look of Teams but need files to work directly with SharePoint. While Teams is intended for a wide audience that may not have SharePoint Licenses, i.e. Students in a class, it would be nice to allow Teams creators to link the Files tab to an existing SharePoint or at the very least be able to delete/hide the files tab.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. A counter to see how many students have downloaded a file in Teams

It would be great to have a counter to see how many students have downloaded a files or viewed a file I have uploaded as the teacher into the files section of Teams

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Easier access to changing files to view only

Files shared in team sites can be edited by all members. To change the sharing to view only you have to open in SharePoint - details -manage access. It would be much better to have the ability to change sharing type in the 'more options' list in Teams.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Can we please bring back ADD NEW FILE for students!!!

BEFORE, Students AND Teachers were able to ADD NEW FILE, choosing Word, PPT, or Excel. Now, only teachers can. This poses a problem for students because they would have to leave Office 365, and create a new document, save it, and then go back to Teams, and then upload it. Please bring this old feature back.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Locked Documents

For some reason, the same file was uploaded twice; however, Teams won't allow me to delete either file, nor will it allow me to rename either file, because they are supposedly "locked", even though I'm using the same account and email address. It's incredibly frustrating, especially when my peers need to comment on my work.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Hold my place when I navigate away from a channel or a file.

I thought I saw this idea posted before, but can't find it now. Every time I leave a tab on my Team's channel or a file I am looking at and come back to it seconds later (e.g. to check a message that just came in a chat or conversation), I have lost my page and place. Whatever app is under the tab (OneNote, Word etc.) reloads and opens up on the first page. I have to reselect the page and/or scroll again to what I was looking at. Is there any way that it could hold my place if…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. oportunity to share file in a sceduled meeting in skype buisnes

oportunity to share file in a sceduled meeting in skype buisnes

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Open Office File in Full Application

Using the Mac Teams app, I'd like to open a file in an Office application locally rather than have it open using the Online app. My boss runs a Windows device and he doesn't have the same problem, so I think that it only needs to be rolled out on the Mac app.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Linking to OneDrive Files

The ability to link to OneDrive for Business files through teams would be great instead of having to move/copy content. Also, this would allow the leveraging of OneDrive for Business sharing permissions on files. Currently, I have too many documents that students need to be able to download as word documents, but they need to be read-only in Teams.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Users need method to open downloaded file/folder

When one downloads a file in the desktop app, such as an image from a thread, a pop-up notification says that the file was downloaded, but gives no inkling of where it was downloaded to. Some of our less technical users will find this extremely befuddling. "Where did the file go? Maybe I need to click Download again. And again, and again... Now I'll call IT."

Clicking the download notification should pop open Windows Explorer to the location that the file was saved in (i.e. Downloads), or open the new file itself.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base