Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. File Categorizing

When adding files to a folder, it lists them Z to A by default...the default should be A to Z...or at least have a setting that allows you to select the default categorization of your files.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. PPSX files should open as a PPSX in tabs

A PPSX file is a powerpoint that only opens as the "show" and not the powerpoint editor. It would be great to be able to post a PPSX file as a tab in teams. Right now my workaround is exporting the PPT as a PDF and using that as a tab. Not as elegant.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Defualt permission setting for files

At the moment all files uploaded onto Team are set to "can edit". It would save teachers considerable time if the default setting was "can view". Many documents we share with students have task instructions, notes and/or write on templates that we want students to upload and work on individually or in groups. If you forget to change the settings in Share Point (in manage access) you can have one student altering everyone's document.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. when you scroll a document like a pdf in microsoft teams the number of pages remain unchanged

when you scroll a document like a pdf in microsoft teams the number of pages remain unchanged

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Uploading files on mobile platforms

Some teachers are very frustrated at the fact that students cannot upload files because they are working through mobile platforms. I think that this should be a feature, especially since some people won't have access to computers during this time of crisis.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Links don't work (PPSX,PDF Files) Teams Desktop

Hi everyone, my problem is this, I am using the TEAMS desktop application. I upload files with the extension "ppsx, pdf" to the files section of any group. Then I open these files in the application. After opening the application, I click on the links in the files with the extension "ppsx, pdf". The link does not work. In order to run the connection, I download the file to my desktop or use the TEAMS application via the web browser. I'm adding a sample video explaining my problem

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Journal Option

I wish that there was a journal option that co ordinates with the assignments and meetings. It would be easier to be organised.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. In files section of teams please add file size column

In files section of teams please add file size column

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add Microsoft OneDrive as an option for cloud storage, rather than just Google Drive and Sharepoint

Add Microsoft OneDrive as an option for cloud storage, rather than just Google Drive and Sharepoint

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. make the class materials folder accessible through teams on ANDROID

I know this is available on IOS but it isn't currently on android

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. An exam countdown timer or a clock facility that can be shared

Having the facility of an exam or task timer that the learner and host can see

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Edit more than one team all at once

I'd LOVE a way to edit all my classroom teams at the same time: add a channel to 6 teams at once, or even upload files to the same folder in all six different classroom teams without having to copy a bunch of times.

It would also be nice to post a message to all my teams at once.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. pin files

It would be great to be able to pin files, like in the desktop apps, so you don't have to search through the list to find the last one you just had open.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. word

I don't know if others are facing this issue or not, but I am not able to edit word files into Teams. I have to open word online or desktop app. However it works when I create a new file. But it does not work when I'm trying to edit an existing file. Could you fix this? thanks.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Let .pdf presentations to be shared in Teams (currently Powerpoint only is supported)!

Hi,

I use .pdf slides (written in LaTeX, lots of equations, tables etc.) in my classrooms, yet I cannot share them because only Powerpoint is supported, so far. It would be great to make .pdf presentations shareable in Teams.

151 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Posting across channels with attachments

The option to post on multiple channels is awesome! I wish there could be a way to attach a file and share it across multiple channels. Is that a future possibility? Would really help out the teachers at our school! OR is there an alternative way to share the same content (with attachments) across multiple channels and only posting once?

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Let it be made possible to add documents via the mobile app

I'm using teams for the first year and it seems to be be impossible to add documents or photos via the mobile phone. Can that functionality be added or activated??

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add a URL LINK In TEAMS, under File>New.

In Files it is possible to add a word doc, excel, powerpoint, etc. I would like to have a feature that allows me to just add a url link that will take the user straight to a resource on-line or a website.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Documents downloading

I think that Whoever is uploading should have an option to either,
    Option 1: Let everyone edit the same document
    Option 2: That each student will have a copy, so they don't have to worry about editing others work.
    Teachers are very new to his but students are too sometimes, so we need some clear option to help this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base