Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Folder 'assignments' for students

It would be great for students to have a folder 'assignments' where all the assignments from different subjects (with deadlines) would be placed. It would be easier to organise work.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Be able to have the recording sessions in a chronological way, because some times the recordings get lose when you are looking for it.

You can lose the recorded class in the plataform when you are looking fot it and it is really anoying because when you miss a class and then you look if someone record it, it is just not there, but really it was just hidden in the reply's of the chat.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Folders in Chats

I would like to suggest adding the feature of uploading/creating a folder in private chats.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Enable a feature whereby children are not allowed to delete assignment or videos uploaded by the teachers

It seems that children are accidentally deleting the class material, videos etc loaded on Teams by the teachers. Perhaps a function can be added whereby only teachers can delete videos or a function where deleting videos or material can be disabled by the parents to ensure that the work does not get lost.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Class Document Library

The class notebook within OneNote is a useful idea, and I would like to see something similar to automatically configure permissions for a document library.

In other words, there would be folders that are editable by both teachers and students (already exists), folders that are editable by teachers and viewable by students (already exists but it is kind of a hack because it does not actually reside within the Team file share and does not sync along with it), folders that are editable by teachers and not viewable by students, and personal folders for each student that the teacher can…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Teacher Request that for video uploaded assign some owner permissions like 1) View only 2) Can not download or download for confidentiality

URGENT AND IMPORTANT

Being Professor, I Request that Teams Microsoft platform should assign some owner permissions like 1) View only 2) Can not download or download for uploading TEACHING VIDEO/DOCUMENTS for confidentiality of every video/documents uploaded.

This is required to stop illegal transmission of video among others except teams members. Such permission should be asked by software every time before uploading any type of documents or video file by owner. This is specially helpful for confidentiality TEACHING VIDEO file uploaded among team members.

Please take this seriously and add such permission features in Teams Microsoft software specially at the earliest…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Jumping Files

When in files and going back, it jumps back to the start or to another folder. Not just back a page.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. dear teams i want everyone in meetings to be presenters

i want everyone to become presenters so that when people unmute someone can mute in class online and teachers dont get stressed they get energized

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Queja

La presentación no carga se queda en negro o como en la imagen además de que te saca de las clases

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow us to delete items (files) in the share screen for general meetings.

Allow us to delete the numerous files listed in the share screen for general meeting (I'm not referring to chats).

403 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

119 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. canva

I would like to be able to embed Canva presentations in the chat area which I am not currently permitted to do.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Video uploading on teams

I would love it if in future we were able to lock uploaded video files so that students could access them at their leisure but not have the option to download them.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. with zoom , I was able to use my IPAD and /or phone as an external camera. I need to be able to do that with TEAMS..

I need to be able to use my IPAD /phone as an external camera, and /or access the activities i have on my ipad so that I can use more materials when I am working one on one with a student. .

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Handy App für Android verbessern

Auf dem Handy werden nicht alle Dateien und Aufgaben angezeigt. Viele bekommen nicht mit, dass es Aufgaben gab. Ich würde mir wünschen, dass alle Aufbaben und Dateien auch über das Handy (Android) zu erreichen wären, sodass alle Schüler einen Zugriff auf diese haben.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Ensure that animations still work when presenting in the online application.

I made a PPT with interactive features (e.g., if students say the wrong option and the presenter clicks on it, the box turns red. If they click on the right option, it turns green.) However, this interactivity only works properly if I open the desktop version of PPT. I find this annoying, since I want to be able to present in the online application, which has a better writing and erasing feature during live presentations.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Favorites Bar

It would be helpful if users could have a favorites feature added. We use Teams for online classes and the teachers have created several groups that represent classes. Some "classes" have our main folders/files, but navigating them each time is very time consuming. If we could access a folder quickly via a favorites bar, it would help us to utilize our time in class more efficiently.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Hey,

Hey,

I suggest you add the "share option" of files in a team's channel to another team's channel.

e.g: share files of channel titled "activities" in team-1, to channel titled "activities" in team-2. thus, we avoid uploading them again.

thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base