Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Move/copy folder from one team to another

Ability to move or copy a folder in the files tab from one team to another team, not just files.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Rubric Folder

I would really like the ability to access/edit/duplicate rubrics outside of an assignment. A rubrics folder that I can use to access/edit/duplicate/reuse rubrics would be excellent. It is extremely cumbersome to only be able to edit the rubric in the assignment. It also means that I can't prepare the rubric until I'm nearly ready to post the assignment, and it's difficult to use that rubric or a similar one again weeks or months later.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Formulas & Equations

As a Chemistry teacher, it would be nice to be able to type in chemical formulas and equations into MS Forms when making quizzes. Specifically, the ability to create superscripts and subscripts within a quiz form would be very helpful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Create private folders for students

It would be great if when setting up a team it created a private folder for each member of that team. This would be great in secondary schools, so that students could upload their work or here during lessons, you could then go into each folder as an owner of the team, see how students are getting on etc..

I appreciate this could work as an assignment but I believe there would be greater benefits to students having their own private folder.

I have set this up manually using SharePoint and changing access permission, students are making great use of…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add student and assignment name to Files uploaded by a student

When a student uploads a file in Teams, the file keeps the random filename my student created. In many cases this is image.jpg or something like that. When you download the file, you end up with hundred of files with meaningless names. My students are 11, and they frequently forget to write their names.

With turnitin.com, when you download student work, the account name of the student is automatically appended to the file name.

It would be great if some kind of id information was appended to the filename so you could sort it easily.

Also, it woud be nice…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Share notebook pages easier

I was woking with my team and we all came up with an assignment for the students. We were not able to give eachother the page to add to our notebook. You either had to copy the link or add it to a shared notebook and then move it again. It is very difficult to move and share pages with collegues. Please help us promote working as a team and make this an easier task!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Ability to change the speed of the recorded meeting while playing in the ms teams

The speed of the recorded lecture or meeting while playing in ms teams should change as per user convenience.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. MS teams needs to upgrade it's app and include features like assignments tab, classroom material, etc.

I use MS teams on my phone as I don't have pc. I'm not able to access the assignments tab, classroom room material, etc. Please update the app with all these features as not every student can afford a pc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Download destination folder

We use MS Teams for multiple subjects, which is why I find it necessary that we have the option to choose to which folder to save each of the downloaded file. Thank you!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. no file deletion

no file deletion

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. include office 365 within teams

include office 365 within teams for collaboration

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. File upload section

For the file upload part, you should add one more section where your file is opened or downloaded by which user, so that other students will not be able to copy your work

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. with zoom , I was able to use my IPAD and /or phone as an external camera. I need to be able to do that with TEAMS..

I need to be able to use my IPAD /phone as an external camera, and /or access the activities i have on my ipad so that I can use more materials when I am working one on one with a student. .

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base