Schools and Universities

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams for Schools & Universities. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Show "Files" directory structure as an indented tree with files below each node

It is particularly cumbersome and tiring to have to click multiple times to get down and up in the Files structure of a given course to just check the content of two adjacent folders, for example. As on the Mac Finder, we should have the possibility to view "Files" as a directory tree, with the documents listed below their respective folder.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Show the Files directory structure as an indented tree with files below each node

It is particularly cumbersome and tiring to have to click multiple times to get down and up in the Files structure of a given course to just check the content of two adjacent folders, for example. As on the Mac Finder, we should have the possibility to view "Files" as a directory tree, with the documents listed below their respective folder.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. when downloading files on teams

when downloading files on teams, it does not show you the downloading status, its when it has finished download then you see downloaded

But it the mean time, you dont know whever or not you have click download button.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add Download Progress Meter.

addition of download progress meter along with the separate folder for saved files and meeting recordings.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Please give all access to Files through Mobile or Tablet

Please please please make it an option where when I click into a class in teams, I can go to class materials and see ALL files through mobile or iPad, and not just a few. I don’t have a laptop, and know many others who don’t as well with this same issue, and we need certain files that the teacher says they uploaded in class materials, and we always resort to having to ask other kids to send it through text or email. I beg you. This would make it so much easier instead of only seeing the files through…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. THERE SHOULD BE 'SEARCH' OPTION IN 'FILES' TAB

I want to see something on files tab, but cannot see instantly. So I ask you to please add the search option in the Files tab. Please. If you want your project best, please add. My request!!! And also, if I will search a file, then I will know that that file has been moved to which channel or folder and also that is the file has deleted?? Please

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. recall One Note pages

There needs to be a way to recall One Note pages as easily as distributing them. When I delete an assignment, I want it to automatically delete any One Note pages that were distributed with the assignment. Or, if I distribute a page to the Class Notebook, there should be an easy way to recall pages from student notebooks. Distributing pages in only a couple of clicks, but there is not option to recall or remove pages without going in to each students' notebook and deleting the pages manually. That is a huge amount of time with 150 student notebooks.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Never give teams for shool

Już nigdy nie udostępnianie teams dla szkoły sp18 im książąt raciborskich

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Have a 'Class materials' File in every channel

Can every channel have a 'Class materials' section. Or can there be an option to tick where students can't edit the document.

I have each topic set up as a channel on my Teams page and students keep clicking on the files and editing them by mistake- locking the file/ having a class materials in every channel would be a dream!

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. IMSCC files

It would be very useful to be able to import IMSCC files into teams, in particular to intergrade course materials from Canvas LMS to Teams.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Automatically sharing included sound!

I don't understand why would you want to share screen without including sound. In my class, we always need to listen the shared material and sometimes we can't hear. That's a really big loss of time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. It would be nice to have multiple tabs open for files.

Jumping between files in groups that are located in different places takes a lot of clicks. Enabling multiple tabs to be open would make it possible to have one file open on one tab, and another file on another tab.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Rubric Folder

I would really like the ability to access/edit/duplicate rubrics outside of an assignment. A rubrics folder that I can use to access/edit/duplicate/reuse rubrics would be excellent. It is extremely cumbersome to only be able to edit the rubric in the assignment. It also means that I can't prepare the rubric until I'm nearly ready to post the assignment, and it's difficult to use that rubric or a similar one again weeks or months later.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Folder 'assignments' for students

It would be great for students to have a folder 'assignments' where all the assignments from different subjects (with deadlines) would be placed. It would be easier to organise work.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. The video volume is too quiet. Make the volume enhancer increase the volume even more.

The video volume is too quiet. Make the volume enhancer increase the volume even more.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Folders for Sway and Forms

As an educator who is delivering all lessons asynchronously, I use Forms and Sway on a regular basis for hundreds of students. I need a system to organize these files and find them quickly if needed. I'd suggest being able to create folders for Sways and Forms.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Sign pdf's in teams

Instead of download file - open with pdf reader - sign - upload --> sign in teams (browser/open pdf tool 'Nuance-Adobe-...')

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Save files sent in chat to file tab

When files get sent in chat feature they automatically get saved into the files tab which allows all participants in the chat to have access and edit the files.
    This is an issue my Statistic Lab Class is currently struggling with while we try to do a group project over Teams

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base