Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Mark / Pin files for easy access

Would be great if we could pin files or mark them as favorites for easy access.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. separate file storage

Please give us SEPARATE and reliable file storage - ideally partner up with Dropbox or Moodle.

Twice now because my institution has not set up TEAMS properly, I have lost ALL my teaching files and assignments because reseting TEAMS means all my data and files are wiped.

I have really grown to hate TEAMS but my employer insists on a one size fits all policy and so we are not allowed (formally) to use dropbox or Moodle.
    TEAMS does the same thing but it's all linked to user access and if the IT dept get that wrong - teachers and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to schedule class materials for a future time.

Just like you are able to schedule assignments, being able to schedule a post of class materials would be very useful.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Exit uploaded files to the last folder and not the files tab

When you close out of an uploaded file it should take you back to the folder you where browsing instead of the files tab. This would save a lot of time when reviewing class materials, just seems logical and would be more consistent with how file browsing usually works. You can always press the files tab if that's where you want to go.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Please create a parking lot or play list of material to be presented in order.

we need a Files, videos and presentations parking lot for class materials for virtual classes. Instead of having to pin tabs. Similar to launching platform K-12 used I forgot the name of the platform.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Open multiple files at the same time

I would like to be able to open more than one file. I don't want to have to close a file to open another one, than go back to the first by closing the later one.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Dates of Notes not in order

When I list an assignment in Files, the dates are out of order. The students have to scroll around to find the right assignment. I don't understand why this isn't happening already.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I lost my bandwidth !

If the connection disconnected mid downloading, you will lose all the progress and re-download the files all over again, please work on this issue to fix it, thank for your efforts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Class Materials

Say I'm in lessons online(on a call), and I need to print something from a team's class materials. I find it very annoying that it's so slow, just to get to one thing! Also, it would be quicker if you could print stuff from the (class materials, files) page instead of having to download them and then print them. I think that is quite important for students like me.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow app shortcuts in teams

Allow app shortcuts to forms without needing a specific completed form. this should be along the top in teams, files tab.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Auto download lectures

The lectures should be auto downloaded in the teams before it expires.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. PDF collaboration

Please allow for collaboration on PDF files directly.
    How is it viable to have to open it in another app, save it as a new PDF and upload again on the Team, EVERY SINGLE TIME you want to modify (highlight, post a comment, add text ...) the file in the slightest???
    I realised that 2 hours worth of editing are just gone simply because I needed to access another file on the app. Also, no warning message says “caution your changes will not be saved (because we didn’t think this was a useful feature to add)”, so you can imagine…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Direct link to file doesn't show where the file is located

When sharing a file via a link, I can't tell where the file is located - which team? Which folder? Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. SEARCH BAR IN THE FILES SECTION.

In the beginning, the teams used to contain a search bar in the files section so that was easy to find the files and pdf's but now as it is updated the search bar is removed .This is making a lot off issue to find the files.Please can you put it back.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. SEARCH BAR IN THE FILES SECTION.

In the beginning, the teams used to contain a search bar in the files section so that was easy to find the files and pdf's but now as it is updated the search bar is removed . This is making a lot of issues to find the files. Please can you put it back?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Files deleted option is not available. This is big problem.

Files deleted option is not available. This is big problem.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Fortnite V.S Minecraft

Vote for Minecraft comment for Fortnite

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Downloading Lectures

By Showing Downloading Progress In Downloads Section

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base