Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. i see that when we have classes we really have to take notes and microsoft teams does have a featured called 'meeting notes' (doesnt work)

in our classes we really need to take notes and microsoft teams does have a feature called 'meeting notes' but it never works so i may suggest that u guys make it work it can be just like microsoft word and we will take our notes for the whole class there and at the end u could file it up and u could go in the respective class team and there we can go in notes and find the notes we made in each class's team!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Prevent downloads of files

It would be useful to be able to disable downloads of certain files. Some of us make our livelihoods from our resources that we spend months making. I want to be able to share it with my students but for them not to be able to download the file and share it further.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Set the default PFD view on opening to "Windows Width" instead of "Window Size"

Every time I open a PDF file in teams its width is by default set to "Window Size" (Content cannot be read in this view). I have to click on "Window Width" each time to make it full screen. The main aim of opening the PDF is to read and for that I have to do an extra 2 clicks to read the PDF document. It would be great if just on click of the file it opens in full screen size.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. edit a pdf document in teams

If the file is a pdf document, I can attach to teams but can not edit. How can we edit a pdf document?

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Notify students when Teacher uploads Files

In Modular or asynchronous classes, Teams does not notify if there are new modules or video lectures uploaded in the files tab in class materials. it would be helpful if it is included as an option in Notifications if the teacher would not inform the students that they had already uploaded one

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Improvements on integrations and interactivity

I made a post yesterday asking if you can integrate an interactive picture through apps. The post can be found in the link bellow:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msteams/forum/msteamstfe-msteamsteams-msteams_mngteam/interactive-picture/c91aa96a-ec69-416b-962d-bc60a1f26daa?messageId=14913c83-44df-4344-8375-2c11daa7d1df
    However i was told that you are unable in the current version of MS-Teams. I made a few tests on the Power Apps platform and while i created what i wanted, when i integrated it in a tab of a Team channel (using the desktop app version, not the browser version), when i pressed on it, i got redirected on my internet browser version of the teams app. This was my problem while…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Choose download location for files attached to a channel.

Add a setting to be able to choose where you files should be downloaded, or at least prompt the user when a download is initiated.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Teams are appearing very cluttered and it is difficult for my daughter to find what really matters ie. Lessons and homework.

There needs to be clearer indication of the dates materials have been posted so it is easier to find things.
    Also all the comments children/teachers make do not need to be visible for everyone ie. on general channel but could open if somebody wants to read them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Downloading status when downloading a lecture from ms teams

Addding a feature that enables the user to know how much his file has downloaded ,currently it does not show the status ,if its downloaded it shows up in the files

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Not getting notification and there is not an notification of ppt

Not getting notification and there is not an notification of getting ppt and material.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Dyslexie font

Dyslexie font would be a wonderful addition to Teams and it would be even better if all files were either uploaded in that font or the program automatically changes the file to dyslexie font!!! if that's not possible maybe we could make a feature where the parents/ students could change the file font to Dyslexie Font. Personally my son would benefit from greatly and so would alot of other people.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Dyslexie font

Dyslexie font would be a wonderful addition to Teams and it would be even better if all files were either uploaded in that font or the program automatically changes the file to dyslexie font!!! if that's not possible maybe we could make a feature where the parents/ students could change the file font to Dyslexie Font. Personally my son would benefit from greatly and so would alot of other people.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Assignments tab on every channel

Add an assignments tab in every channel so we font have to go to Assignments and Load previous every time to find an assignment

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. File additions across multiple teams.

Could you please make it possible to add a file or folder to multiple teams at one time rather than adding them separately to each team. I teach 5 AP sections and they all work simultaneously. It takes time to add the same files to each class separately.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. improve the MP4 viewer

improve the MP4 viewer because t's always at the loading then play 2 secs and then it load again or add an option to download it using IDM or any other downloading program because download big files using the browser downloader make it more difficult to do

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. when exiting a file, can we just got back to the previous one?

When in class materials, and other folders within this. It would be useful to have tabs or an easy back button, rather than each time you exit from one folder it taking you all the way back to the initial files page.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Making organization of maps easier

It would be nice if it were possible to move folders around. So, for example in the image I added, ideally I would be able to move all the selecter folders into the Semester 1 folder. Right now organization is a bit hard, as it involves a lot of re-uploading of files, which in my opinion isn't neccesary.
    This would make checking folders a lot easier : )

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add an option to open Office documents in the apps by default

If you open documents inside of Teams, then you can't view/edit the document while simultaneously referencing information from a Teams post or assignment. This is terrible for multitasking--or even just regular tasking. I don't want to have to click on the document, forget that it opens in Teams by default, close out of that, click the three dots, and then click "open in app." Plus, the online version of Office is significantly slower and less functional than the desktop version.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Change document view width default

When reading and editing a document online, due to the variety in size of screens, it would be good if the document would open in a FIT TO WIDTH size.
    It would also be good if authors can change:
    1) the default view of a specific document for all users.
    2) the default view of all document for the user.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add Download Progress Meter.

addition of download progress meter along with the separate folder for saved files and meeting recordings.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base