Schools and Universities

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams for Schools & Universities. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Share a file with people who are not on the team

..without making them a member of the team.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. i cant send vbs files

i could be good if we all can send vbs files

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. send folders to teachers

If you want to send a folder to a teacher it doesn't work(it just opens and you need to send them one by one). so why not instead just make an option of sending a folder.
    This would be easier than to convert a folder into a zip file.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Drop a group of files into an existing folder within a channel

You should be able to move a selection of files (in a channel) at once into an existing folder in that same Team channel.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Make files unvisible

It would be great that we can make files or folders unvisible for the students. In this way we can prepare our environment without that students see files they may not see yet.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. replace files a la SharePoint

In MS Teams you cannot replace a folder, only a file.
    Why not move like in SharePoint. Hold, drag and place.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. i cannot download .zip files from Teams app

when students upload zip files to dropboxes, I cannot open the files (specifically .java files) from the zip. I have to go to a browser (chrome) to download then open. Very annoying.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. upload files into buckets from the desktop app

In a bucket click on add new task then under add attachment the only option is to do link or SharePoint. No option to get the file from some place on the computer. It is not available on Mac or Win.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. user and file management

I need a way to make the files in teams only readable. I don't always want members to be able to modify the files in teams.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. One-click creation of new file in a chat

I would like the ability to create a new shared file in a chat with one click, like you can from the portal "front page" or in a channel.

As of now , you have to pick a document from you Onedrive.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. The filename of Not Shared with Everyone Onedrive documents ar

The filenames of 'Not Shared with Everyone' Onedrive documents are listed in the recent files section. This is convenient, but could a setting be added to adjust that visibility? I can imagine situations where someone is presenting a workflow process to a larger team and clicks files button and the name of an unshared document expose some unfortunate truth that was intended to be confidential without even realizing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Files should be divided by team!

Files should be divided by team! Why can't I organize my files based on the team they're associated with?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Insert Content library tab

I would like to be able to upload a document in files Library so members would only be able to read and not edit. Just like content Library in OneNote Class notebook.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Support running macros in Excel files

Our team uses numerous Excel files that contain buttons to run macros, but none of the buttons work when opening an Excel file within Teams, OneDrive, or Sharepoint. That means that to use one of our Excel tools the team member needs to download and run the file, save updates and re-upload it. It gets complicated, especially because some of our Excel tools rely on other files (as a template), which would also have to be copied out to the user's desktop or download location for the downloaded file to work properly. Is there any hope of supporting macros within…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 29 30 31 33 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base