Schools and Universities

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams for Schools & Universities. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Can we please bring back ADD NEW FILE for students!!!

BEFORE, Students AND Teachers were able to ADD NEW FILE, choosing Word, PPT, or Excel. Now, only teachers can. This poses a problem for students because they would have to leave Office 365, and create a new document, save it, and then go back to Teams, and then upload it. Please bring this old feature back.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow text highlighting/copy and paste from OneDrive files viewed in Teams

When I choose Files on the far left menu, and choose a file to view, I cannot highlight text in it and copy and paste it unless I choose one of the Edit options. We would like our team members to be able to copy and paste from this view without accidentally deleting or changing something. Is it possible to add the capability of highlighting text when you are just viewing the document, without having to switch to an editable version?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Remove the giant splash screen in Conversations and Files

After I've used Teams once, I get that you have Conversations in the conversations space, and that you upload Files in the Files space... PLEASE remove the giant splash screens that invite the user to do that in the entire visible space once there are any files or conversations that exist. Its wastes screen real estate and is very obnoxious.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Locked Documents

For some reason, the same file was uploaded twice; however, Teams won't allow me to delete either file, nor will it allow me to rename either file, because they are supposedly "locked", even though I'm using the same account and email address. It's incredibly frustrating, especially when my peers need to comment on my work.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Time on files

It would be better if in files when we upload something, it should say the exact time that we upload that, no like 1 hour ago, etc..
    it helps the teacher see if the student upload the work in time

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. In the team section-

you should be able to invitie certain people to folders created in the fole section. Files the entire team can see and files only individual people can see on the team.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Support Powerpoint (macro-enabled) show

Please add support for Powerpoint (macro-enabled) show!
    I was stunned to discover that MS Teams does not support these Powerpoint files...
    As a teacher, I prefer to make ppsm files available to my students (I use Multiple Choice and True/False and TOGlic add-in to enrich my ppts).
    Please, would you consider adding support for ppsm? I guess other teacher would also like to see this...?
    THANKS!!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. share attachment

the abiliy to share a file directly into a conversation stream as an attachment rather than sending to someone directly. You could also include the function to email attachments directly to the team steam.

I often search for teaching resources on my android phone. If. Find one, I would like to download and share directly into a feed. Rather than uploading it and it getting lost amongst the others. All files shared this way should be stored in the team files area.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. oportunity to share file in a sceduled meeting in skype buisnes

oportunity to share file in a sceduled meeting in skype buisnes

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Open Office File in Full Application

Using the Mac Teams app, I'd like to open a file in an Office application locally rather than have it open using the Online app. My boss runs a Windows device and he doesn't have the same problem, so I think that it only needs to be rolled out on the Mac app.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Tagging files in chat

Make it easier for your team to know what specifik file you're talking about, by tagging them in the chat. Perhaps by using #filename.doc or /filename.exc

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. List Members / Channels / Bots (whatever those are) on the landing page with Conversations / Files / OneNote

Why do we have to click on the team name to find team members? Why isn't that tab just under the team name in the first place? There is no logical instructions on how to get back to the original Teams landing page (Conversations / Files / Notebook) either. Confusing. See attached for visual reference of what I am asking.

No one knows what Bots are either...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. google drive and dropbox account info

In Files, it is better to display the account I am connecting to the Google Drive and Dropbox cloud storage

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. right click/ellipsis to send a copy of a OneDrive file in a Teams drive

THere are quite a few steps involved in making a file available to a class in Teams. At the moments its just easier to email! If staff could just 'right click' or use the ellipsis to 'send to (a specific team, from the available list)' that would make sharing much easier. #MIEexpert

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Dedicated/Quicker access to Files tab

Collaboration happens on everything at some point in Teams, but often I just need to access the documents. I need a quicker way to get to the Files tab (and no, I'm not going to sync the whole thing to my desktop via OneDrive).

I'd like to suggest adding another column to the Teams window, so that there would be one column for Conversations, and one column for Files. This would also allow for a level of multitasking that is currently not available in Teams.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Simple file upload API

I'd like a simple API endpoint that I can just PUT a file to and have it added (or updated) to the team.

The use case is that I have a diagram that is updated once an hour that contains some information relevant to a project.

Currently that file is emailed to the relevant people.

I want to upload that file automatically into teams without having to use the full blown sharepointAPI so that it's available for all team members.

Using the sharepoint API is undesirable because it needs my own credentials to create the bearer token needed for the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Share a file with people who are not on the team

..without making them a member of the team.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. i cant send vbs files

i could be good if we all can send vbs files

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base