Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Move/copy folder from one team to another

Ability to move or copy a folder in the files tab from one team to another team, not just files.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add student and assignment name to Files uploaded by a student

When a student uploads a file in Teams, the file keeps the random filename my student created. In many cases this is image.jpg or something like that. When you download the file, you end up with hundred of files with meaningless names. My students are 11, and they frequently forget to write their names.

With turnitin.com, when you download student work, the account name of the student is automatically appended to the file name.

It would be great if some kind of id information was appended to the filename so you could sort it easily.

Also, it woud be nice…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Share notebook pages easier

I was woking with my team and we all came up with an assignment for the students. We were not able to give eachother the page to add to our notebook. You either had to copy the link or add it to a shared notebook and then move it again. It is very difficult to move and share pages with collegues. Please help us promote working as a team and make this an easier task!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Ability to change the speed of the recorded meeting while playing in the ms teams

The speed of the recorded lecture or meeting while playing in ms teams should change as per user convenience.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. MS teams needs to upgrade it's app and include features like assignments tab, classroom material, etc.

I use MS teams on my phone as I don't have pc. I'm not able to access the assignments tab, classroom room material, etc. Please update the app with all these features as not every student can afford a pc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add notification to files

This application provide a great audio and video quality during a meeting but it also depends on your internet connection. There is just a problem with this application, which is the lack of notification. It only notifies you of a schedule meeting and chats. But it would be much better if the Microsoft teams notify you if something have been added to the file section in a team.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. To show status of files being downloaded.

Dear MS Team,
    Kindly add a facility in Files tab where user can see the details of the the files currently being downloaded. There you can give provisioning to pause or cancel the download.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Private HIDDEN Folder for Teachers Only

In files, there's a "Class Materials" folder that is a read-only folder. This folder is visible to all members of a channel.

I want to request another shared folder that is private under "Class Materials" with the ability to view, read, and edit by teachers only. This folder should be HIDDEN from all students and only visible to teachers.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Universal "Files" Tab that sorts files by Channel

Each Channel has its own Files tab. Sometimes you're looking for a particular file but you don't remember which channel it's in. There's no ability to search a File name in all channels. I propose a single "Files" tab that has headings for each Channel and tools to filter search results.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow to select multiple pictures at once in android

You should make it so that when i am sending photos of my notes to my prof. i shouln't select picture by picture and instead let me select multiple pictures at once

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Links don't work in HTML viewer

For simple .html files that have been uploaded to the Files tab in a channel, after one clicks on the .html file and opens it in the Teams HTML viewer, clicking on links in the HTML page turns the HTML page white instead of taking one to the link's intended destination. This happens when using the "Open in SharePoint" option too. One is forced to always download the file and open it in a browser directly from the local file system. This is very inconvenient.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. It would be helpful if the downloading files show up in the files section.

When I download videos of my classes, it doesn't show up in the files section although it is downloading in the background. It would become a nice feature if MS teams can have a downloading files section where it shows the downloading files and estimated time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. organize files and folder by newest to oldest or viceversa and have teams remember that sorting order

I would like this to be a feature because I do not know why it has not been implemented or why teams defaults to some random order. please add this thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I would like to be able to search for recordings throughout all of my chats. Not unlike searching for attachments in Outlook

I would like to be able to search for recordings throughout all of my chats. Not unlike searching for attachments in Outlook

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Sorting Files In The Teams Based on The Date Modified or Created

Whenever I open the files for a particular class, it is always sorted in alphabetical order. It would be better if there is an option for sorting based on the date modified or the date created

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Change Playback Speed for uploaded Vedios

It would be great if we can increase/dec speed of video added in class material or files section.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Link Tabs across multiple teams

Link tabs across different Teams. For example, if I have a Precalculus Per 1, Precalculus Per 2 and Precalculus Per 3, I want to add a "Chapter 7" tab to all 3 with the same contents. Provide an option to add the tab to another team as well. After adding it as a shared tab, all files uploaded there will run across all teams.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base