Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. please add one feature that teacher can share screen of any app like youtube

i can not shaare screen on my pc so please add this feature.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Choose the local device folder where files are downloaded to from the Teams app.

It would be useful to be able to change where files from the MS Teams app are downloaded to my local machine. Currently they're being downloaded to the SSD Windows is installed on, rather than the separate "Downloads" folder I designated as my default for other apps, which is on a hard drive. Being able to download files and video presentations to different locations, rather than constantly writing/rewriting (especially to an SSD) and having to move every file to a different folder after download would be extremely useful.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Downloadings list

A list of what files I've been downloaded recently, and wich shows how much of a download is back. For example, when I download a meeting, the file instantly appears in the selected folder, but I can't play the whole meeting, only the few first minutes (wich has been downloaded until i opened the file). So now, I always have to chek how much MB-s of the files whole size is back.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Adding link to google presentation to class materials

Hello! I would like to have an option to add links to my Google presentations to the Class materials. I make a Google presentation for each lesson, and I often add things and change them, so converting them to ppt presentation would not help: I would have to upload the new version of the presentation again and again after each change. I am obliged to use MS Teams by my school, but I have been using Google presentation for a long time now and have everything organized on my Google drive. I can send the students a link to a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Moving Folders into other Folders

We require the facility to move existing folders into other folders (not just individual files). This would help with organisation of our Team drive.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Change Playback Speed for uploaded Vedios

It would be great if we can increase/dec speed of video added in class material or files section.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Optional timer/ stop watch

The ability to set and use a stop watch or timer for when students have been set a task to complete by themselves

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Hello MS Teams. What i would like to suggest and i think is very helpful is that if only there is an actual download progress to check on.

Every time i download something from some team channel like a recording video or an image or some document i dont see any download progress anywhere and it's kinda hard to wonder how the download is going or is the download of the file going well. It will be nice to have this feature. Thank you ahead and God bless you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Files slideshow

When viewing photos in the Files folder, in both staff and class teams, it would be really useful if the user could view the photos as a slideshow. At the moment, you have to close the photo and reopen the next. It would be so useful to have arrows so that you can navigate between the photos.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add Playback speed for media files

It would be great to have the option to either increase or decrease the playback speed of media files that are saved in the Files section of Teams. The build in media player has options for fullscreen and playback resolution, please add a speed option.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Sonradan öğretmenlerimizin sisteme yüklediği canlı ders kayıtlarını hızlandırıp izleyebilme özelliği gelirse mükemmel olabilir.

Sonradan öğretmenlerimizin sisteme yüklediği canlı ders kayıtlarını hızlandırıp izleyebilme özelliği gelirse mükemmel olabilir.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Show "Files" directory structure as an indented tree with files below each node

It is particularly cumbersome and tiring to have to click multiple times to get down and up in the Files structure of a given course to just check the content of two adjacent folders, for example. As on the Mac Finder, we should have the possibility to view "Files" as a directory tree, with the documents listed below their respective folder.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Show the Files directory structure as an indented tree with files below each node

It is particularly cumbersome and tiring to have to click multiple times to get down and up in the Files structure of a given course to just check the content of two adjacent folders, for example. As on the Mac Finder, we should have the possibility to view "Files" as a directory tree, with the documents listed below their respective folder.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please give all access to Files through Mobile or Tablet

Please please please make it an option where when I click into a class in teams, I can go to class materials and see ALL files through mobile or iPad, and not just a few. I don’t have a laptop, and know many others who don’t as well with this same issue, and we need certain files that the teacher says they uploaded in class materials, and we always resort to having to ask other kids to send it through text or email. I beg you. This would make it so much easier instead of only seeing the files through…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. THERE SHOULD BE 'SEARCH' OPTION IN 'FILES' TAB

I want to see something on files tab, but cannot see instantly. So I ask you to please add the search option in the Files tab. Please. If you want your project best, please add. My request!!! And also, if I will search a file, then I will know that that file has been moved to which channel or folder and also that is the file has deleted?? Please

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. recall One Note pages

There needs to be a way to recall One Note pages as easily as distributing them. When I delete an assignment, I want it to automatically delete any One Note pages that were distributed with the assignment. Or, if I distribute a page to the Class Notebook, there should be an easy way to recall pages from student notebooks. Distributing pages in only a couple of clicks, but there is not option to recall or remove pages without going in to each students' notebook and deleting the pages manually. That is a huge amount of time with 150 student notebooks.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Never give teams for shool

Już nigdy nie udostępnianie teams dla szkoły sp18 im książąt raciborskich

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Have a 'Class materials' File in every channel

Can every channel have a 'Class materials' section. Or can there be an option to tick where students can't edit the document.

I have each topic set up as a channel on my Teams page and students keep clicking on the files and editing them by mistake- locking the file/ having a class materials in every channel would be a dream!

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base