Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Remove File Upload Limit for Teachers

I frequently need to share multiple files with my students. In Teams I am limited to 10 files at a time where there is no compelling reason for this to be the case. Can this limit please be removed. If teachers want to limit student uploads, there should be a setting for that.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make the Files Tab Files and Chat Files Tab Files consistent with each other

When editing a common file between our team, we confused the files in the "File tab" and the "Chat File Tab" as being the same files. This caused some miscommunication between teammates and lead to a paper not fully integrated with each team member's ideas. I would really appreciate personally if Microsoft could make the files consistent among both tabs. Thank you!

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. change download destination

Could you please include a function to change the destination folder for downloads?
    Or point me in the direction of doing it myself.
    It's frustrating that they automatically do into the downloads folder.

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Files posted in the Conversations tab accumulate to one folder or place

It would be easier to be able to find things that were shared and uploaded to the Conversations tab if it was attached to a folder. Then we could easily and go through the folder to find a document that was shared early in the Conversation feed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Tumbnail's of image files visible in Teams file section.

I use the file section to upload a variety of images for Art and Design students and would like to be able to see a thumbnail of the image without having to open or download it.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Support editing of .txt files

As .txt is the simplest text file possible, it would be nice to be able to edit files of this type in Teams/Sharepoint.
    I realize it's "Microsoft" Teams, but I don't want to have to put simple files containing setup information in a .docx

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Share a file across multiple team

I have created several teams for my school (Yr 7 Maths, Yr 8 Maths, Yr 9 Maths) and while most of the time each team would be working specifically within that team, sometimes there may be a department file that we need to work on. Can I share the file between teams, and have the file constantly update and sync across all teams?

159 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Drag and Drop Files into Folders within a Team

Teams is the only technology I know of that doesn't allow the user to drag and drop files into folders on the desktop version.

This would save me lots of time and clicking.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Sync with Teams Files to Local Machine

There is a button in SharePoint that will sync a SharePoint folder with a local computer folder using the OneDrive Sync Client. To do this, I have to open Teams > Channel > Files tab > Open with SharePoint > Sign in > Sync > Choose subfolders to sync. Can that button in SharePoint simply be put into Teams?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. People have no idea what sharepoint is. Stop confusing us with view in sharepoint.

once we get to sharepoint it is massively confusing. I have never used a service more confusing than a sharepoint site that no one knows exists except through links to the exact location. You're losing people with this horrible structure.

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. File navigation

Global back button takes you back to the former tab. Should take you back to the super or subfolder you were just in.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Chatbox as a flexibele "box" while working on a file together

When you work in realtime in a documents, somethimes its nice to chat with eachother at the same time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Icon preview

a) there should be a way to order files via thumbnail or list
    b) there should be the native ability (i.e. WITHIN the app) to preview files e.g. JPG (not only word et al and PDF files) without having to download the file.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Offer a search bar or feature for files

Offer a search bar for the files under teams, otherwise its impossible to search files

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add document template on new file

I would like to add custom Microsoft Word template on the "New" dropdown list.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Improve Google Drive integration

Improve the Google Drive integration. Often we can't open a Google Drive file within Teams, even if someone (such as myself) has posted it there, and shared it. Please make this work!

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Open Dyslexic Font in Tabbed Files

When tabbing a PowerPoint or similar document, it would be helpful if they could display the Open Dyslexic font, a free font that some students find easier to read.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Separate tab or section for file viewing/editing

create a section for document/file viewing - so if I switch to a chat - I can come back from where I was. Currently when you view a file in a team channel - you lose the ability to see it again if you switch to chat. If you open a file to view or edit it - can you open a new section under "Activity, Chat,Teams...."? Thanks!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Shared OneDrive files should be accessible in Files in the desktop Teams application

In the Files section of Teams, it would be ideal if the OneDrive files that are accessible could also include the OneDrive files that have been shared with you. Currently, only the user's OneDrive files will appear, but I would like all OneDrive files that have been shared to also appear.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Show cloud storage in Files on mobile

The SharePoint folder in the Files tab on the mobile apps is not visible.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base