Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add an option to open Office documents in the apps by default

If you open documents inside of Teams, then you can't view/edit the document while simultaneously referencing information from a Teams post or assignment. This is terrible for multitasking--or even just regular tasking. I don't want to have to click on the document, forget that it opens in Teams by default, close out of that, click the three dots, and then click "open in app." Plus, the online version of Office is significantly slower and less functional than the desktop version.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Return to original folder after opening a file

When i click close after opening a file, put me back into the original folder i was in (the one with the file), and not to the directory with all the files. I had to download 10 pictures and after clicking on one, then clicking download in the corner and clicking 'close' it put me back to the "beginning" where all the folders are stored in the "team".

doing this 10 times is not fun.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. edit a pdf document in teams

If the file is a pdf document, I can attach to teams but can not edit. How can we edit a pdf document?

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Cannot view assignments in teams on the desktop

No idea just need help trying to remedy problem

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Sorting numbers by name

In files tab sorting by Name isnt properly set, cause it sees number 12 for example as 1,2 and it places it before number 2 for example.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Choose download location for files attached to a channel.

Add a setting to be able to choose where you files should be downloaded, or at least prompt the user when a download is initiated.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. please include google search option so that we can search and read about some results

i think we need google search or web bar in built in this app for more convenience and better result.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Customize Browsable Locations when sharing Power Points

Currently when sharing screens you are given the option to share a recent power point, or when you click browse, you can browse your personal OneDrive or upload from your computer.

You should be able to browse all channels/file locations you have access to in teams. This would allow me to share class materials and course PowerPoints more freely.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Pin very important things on chat box, like a document or chat

Make things like documents, links, and chat visible for EVERYBODY without scrolling in the chat box. This is for quick access to important links, like tutorials and YouTube educational videos. For example if a teacher has tech problems with hearing videos, students can go to the link themselves. Or just list things without sharing the screen!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add Download Progress Meter.

addition of download progress meter along with the separate folder for saved files and meeting recordings.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Assignments tab on every channel

Add an assignments tab in every channel so we font have to go to Assignments and Load previous every time to find an assignment

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I can't blur my screen

can you let me blur my screen I don,t see the backround button

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Hiding folders in class materials

Hello, We are currently moving at the moment from Moodle to Teams. A lot of our staff are asking about being able to hide folders in teams until they are needed in the class materials section.

Is this possible?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ability to delete Chat files within the Files folder, not in the chat

It would be very helpful to be able to organize, delete etc...Chat files the same way as Team files, from inside the Files folder (and not the chat).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add weblinks in the "class materials" folder (articles, videos, etc).

It would be very useful to be able to upload more than just files to the class materials folder (especially weblinks)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Make the default of files as Read Only rather than just in 'Class Materials'

It is great that Class Materials is now available on mobile devices (iOS).

The vast majority of files I make available to students need to be read only. To do this I have to put them into Class Materials but this creates an additional 'click' to get into that file structure.

I would like to see the default for all files as 'Read Only' with an option to change this on a file (or folder) basis as we see fit.

I would love your thoughts on this.
    Regards,
    Gareth
    Mr GL Morris
    Vice Principal
    Clayton Hall Academy

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. After clicking on the downloaded file icon, the file location should highlight the downloaded file.

Currently clicking on 'file downloaded' only opens the destination folder, it doesn't highlight the actual file which has just been downloaded, which means we need to then do a search within the folder to find the downloaded file. Clicking on 'file downloaded' notification should take us directly to the destionation folder and the downloaded file should be highlighted for us to easily locate.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. An exam countdown timer or a clock facility that can be shared

Having the facility of an exam or task timer that the learner and host can see

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Ability to set downloading location

Users should be able to be asked by the application, where they want the downloading files to be downloaded.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. please devise a way to organiza forms into folders- there are so many to sift through....

We really need to be able to organize our forms -
    In addition, we need to be able to assign a form to multiple classes with the responses grouping by class as well.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base