Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Dashboard rather than Conversation as the home page of each Team

Rather than see a conversation as the starting point of each Team, I'd like to see a dashboard. That is, recent conversation activity, Assessments due, calendar events, recent files, homework reminders etc ...

1,495 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

52 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Justin Chando responded

Thank you all for your continued feedback on this feature! We are still evaluating options, so for now the ‘Posts’ tab remains the default first tab for every team.

Great suggestions so far in the comments, but please do continue to share how you would use this feature so we can better understand the use case for our planning.

2. Assign Assignments to specific channels

It should be possible to assign Assignments to specific channel(s). Now, each Assignment is posted in the general channel.

647 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

114 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Alphabetize students by last name

Please alphabetize students by LAST names as they enter to help with attendance. Thank you

559 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

101 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Read receipt in conversation - see who has read a post in a channel

Now I post a message in a thread/conversation, but I have no idea how many has read it.

532 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature request is being reviewed by the feature team. No new details to share at this time.

Meanwhile, feel free to share why you need this in class teams / staff teams, and what you need to see (ie # read / list of users read / timestamp of read) and for what purpose.

Gordon Chang from Teams

5. Announcement feature - to be able to schedule this in advance to post on a certain day/time so announcements ready to go for 2 weeks out

Most teachers plan for instruction a couple weeks at a time. Being able to set the ANNOUNCEMENT feature to be "scheduled" to post in the thread at a certain date/time would be HUGE improvement to teacher workflow. I want my students to see the ANNOUNCEMENT for the day with all instructions and then my scheduled assignments fall in line below the ANNOUNCEMENT for the day. Not being able to schedule this in advance to post each day of the week and to have things all set up for 1-2 weeks at a time is a HUGE break in normal teacher…

531 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Give teachers the option of creating a "sample student" so they can demonstrate for students from the student view

Give teachers the option of creating a "sample student" so they can demonstrate for students from the student view

477 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Head of School or Subject Observer Role

It would be very helpful to have an 'observer' or 'manager' role. We are a school and heads of subject or departments want to be shared owners of several classes, but do not want to be active teachers. (I could imaging in the business world, a department manager may want such an 'observer' role too.) If someone is an observer/manager/moderator, they would be able to easily control the number of notifications they get to reduce the amount of noise these can create when you belong to a lot of different teams. As they belong to a large number of teams,…

434 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

114 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Prevent student from leaving a class team

We should be able to lock Team / Office 365 group in such way that students can't leave the team.

This needs to be considered from both an IT-pro as well as team owner perspective

237 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Pin Posts in Channel

Enable posts to be pinned within a channel, so that the pinned post is the first one seen when a member goes to that channel.

231 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow for planner to be a tab in a private channel

We love the new feature to have private channels within a team although at the moment we aren't able to add a Planner as a tab within a private channel. This would be great otherwise a few of our team members need to create a separate team in order to achieve this.

132 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add the Ability to Sort all Lists in Teams

Currently in Teams, lists of the members appear in several sections. i.e. When managing the Team under members and guests, inside the Grade tab in the General channel, In the Class Notebook, in assignments, in Teams meetings, etc... Please add the ability to sort these lists to make it easier for teachers to navigate the lists which as of currently are displayed with no discernable order. Some are sorted by last name, some by first name, and some with no order at all. I imagine that this would work like any other Microsoft product where I can filter how I…

130 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Team-specific notification settings

Currently the notification settings apply to all teams. But not all teams are created equal...sometimes we don't want to get certain notifications from a specific team. It would be nice if we can specify a team to inherit the global notification setting or to have its own notification setting.

130 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow to delete or rename the channel named General.

I want to rename this channel but it won't let me. I don't want it to be named that way.

94 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Sub channels

much like how users can create sub pages in OneNote, I'd like the ability to create sub channels in a Team. It's helpful to use indenting on the channels to organize information .

88 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Grouping of Teams

It would be great to make groups of our Teams (i.e. putting all our school administrative teams in one group)

81 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. It would be awesome if we could have a Microsoft Forms tab for Microsoft Team channels

Microsoft Forms for Microsoft Team channels would be incredibly handy!

77 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Scheduling of posts

Allow posts in channels to be scheduled - this is available for assignments, but not posts in channels

73 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow the teacher/meeting owner to choose a screen to PIN and lock it for all students to see.

Teachers need to be able to chose what screen is pinned for their students to see. If they are screen sharing, that screen should be locked. If they want their video/face to be the main screen, they should be able to pin it for ALL students. Students should not be able to unpin a screen that is pinned by the teacher.

70 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Chat Partcipation Limitations

The current group chat limits the number of participants to 100. PLEASE PLEASE increase it to 250, as my team is larger than 100 and we would like to have the ability to have a group chat.

68 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow team owners to change student display names

Team owners (teachers) should be able to change student display names. This issue is extremely important for transgender students, who are experiencing a lot of anxiety about having their legal names displayed for everyone to see.

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 79 80
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base