Schools and Universities

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams for Schools & Universities. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. a way to delete finished assignments to prevent lag spikes and lack of storage space

it will be a way to let Microsoft preform better and be useful in long time use

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. the teachers users of iPad need be able to share audio from the device, either from YouTube or any other site.

tPlease, The teachers users of iPad need be able to share audio from the device, either from YouTube or any other site.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Downlaod directory

I suggest you add in the settings the ability to change the download directory. I use an android 11 device, in android 11 android/data file is hidden for privacy policies, and since downloads from microsoft teams go to the file in /data they're hidden too. So I can't watch the videos I download unless I watch them streamed

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Lower the amount of ram and hardware usage the computer uses

Hello, I am suggesting you guys optimize the performance of the application due to the high RAM and other hardware usage it should not be using 2GB of ram on a 16gb system thats crazy Thanks :)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Polling option not appearing as an option within groups!

The new polls feature is great (THANK YOU!) and I've had some success with it, but I'm not seeing the plus sign to add polls when creating a new meeting within a group. I do see the plus sign when I create an individual meeting. See screen shot. Similarly, within a meeting created for a group, I'm not seeing an option in the chat to create a poll or form! Instead I see the following. Please help! Thank you! I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and I have the most up to date version [1.3.00.28779 (64-bit)] and still no luck!

Also,

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add annotation to slides in meetings &/or check marks, emojis in participant panel

In order to get as much student participation as possible, there needs to be annotation capability so the students can mark on the slides in the meeting.

And, emoji's, check marks etc need to be available for use in the participation panel so that the instructors can see how how well the students understand the material. The instructor can say, add a check if you agree or an X if you don't agree. I know you can create quizzes in forms, but it takes time to open them and have everyone answer the questions when a quick click could be…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Hi, i have advise for video performance issues

There should be option for decreasing framerate in favor of higher picture quality because professor uses table with camera. FPS is good (25-30) but resolution is always 360-480p and sometimes even lower like 144p, i and fellow classmates can't recognize what is written. With lower FPS this is not problem because table is static and text will be more visible, even 5-10fps will be good enough. Thanks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Fix these things-

Chat is slow, can barely unmute or raise my hand, I keep getting the pop-up that says your video or microphone stopped working, screen sharing is always frozen, delayed, or glitching badly, and it hasn't been telling me when I'm being called, even though I have my settings set up so it will. Also, you should add a "report a problem button" so people can tell you the problems with Teams without doing this.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Camera Toggle button

Hi! I am a first grade teacher and toggle back and forth from myself, PowerPoint and document camera all day long. There was an easy way to do this by selecting the little camera icon that was on my picture in the bottom right hand corner. I could just click it and my students could either see me or what I had displayed under the document camera. This icon disappeared today. It was so helpful and user friendly. Is there anyway to get it back?

Thanks!
    Daveen Cordell

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Quit asking if im still here.

Seriously. Signs me out of the meet call if I am unavailable for more than maybe 120 seconds, then I cannot interact at all with that message popped up so I'm forced to leave the call. Also happens on homework on Word Docs and it throws me back to the homepage of teams when I'm trying to get my work done. Please realize that we aren't machines and don't do a million things at once. Thanks
    -Overworked Student
    EDIT: I've seen this happens not even timed when I leave a tab twice or have three tabs open and move between…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. The desktop app having the same capabilities as the web version

A lot of what you can do in the desktop app is not available in the web version. It would make life so much easier for me and my students if they were the same. For example, I added tabs to one of my channels for all the external websites we use, that way students don't need to click links and leave Teams, but the sites won't load in the web version. They work perfectly in the desktop app. That is just one of the many features that only works in the desktop app and not the web version. Please,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Audio Sharing

Please make audio sharing available for Linux(Ubuntu 20.4). IT is creating a lot of problems.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Audio Sharing

Please make audio sharing available for Linux(Ubuntu 20.4). IT is creating a lot of problems.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. teams

200 YEARS OF CONSTANT TECHNOLOGICAL EVOLUTION TO CREATE A USELESS LAGGY COCONUT MY GOD WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS APP

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. المايك يغلق كثيررررر

المايك يعلق كثيرررر

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Better gallery in files explorer. You have to add arrows in picture view to go to the next picture. Because going back to files from opened

Better gallery in files explorer. You have to add arrows in picture view to go to the next picture. Because going back to files from opened picture to open next one takes time and its very iritaiting. I almost cryied, because lesson has nearly ended and i havend got lot time to present my projects. This problem got me and my colleagues.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Time Stamp Participants

It would be nice if we could time stamp when our students join the video sessions and when they leave. I know that can be assessed on the participants list that can be download, but it would be easy to open the chat feature and see the time when someone enters and leaves the video sessions. There are times when we are in the middle of our instruction and a student leaves, never to return. If there isn't a support teacher there to monitor the participants, then we wouldn't know what time the students left or joined us. We also…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Bathroom button

There should be a bathroom button at the top that locks your mic and camera and lets the teacher know so they don't call on you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 29 30
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base