Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enable Viewing Statistics for Posts

I would love a way to see statistics/views on a post, even if students/staff members haven't responded to it or commented on it. Maybe just a general number of views, like on YouTube, Sway, or even OneDrive docs now.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. How to use kinemaster with green screen on Android?

Hello, I recently downloaded the kinemaster pro mod apk at https://techbigs.com/kinemaster.html, this app has a lot of great functions, but I don't know how to use it. How to use kinemaster with green screen?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. request for switch account feature on laptop and pc

please include a switch account option for pc and laptops like in mobile app. we have two different accounts to attend different events.as laptops are used widely for classes and presentations. please update this feature as soon as possible so as to ease our work. and of course thanks a lot for such a wonderful app which has been very helpful during this lockdown time.

thank you

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add a change/Roulette button

I teach physical education to my special needs studentes with TEAMS. A lot of jumping in front of the webcam... 😜About 55 studentes attend the meeting. I can only view 25 studentes at once. I mute all the students so they can hear me and the music and don't disturb the class.

Is it possible to add a button(change or roulette) so that it is possible to change the students that are vissible for me? Once 25 studentes are vissible it won't change. By clicking the button, automaticly 25 different students apear on my screen. This Will make it easier…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Please add dark mode my eyes hurt from the lightness.

Please add dark mode so people can change to either light or dark mode of ms teams depending on what they like.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Keep an announcement scrolling at the bottom

Sometimes (when I am absent) I like to post an announcement for my students there will be no meetings for the day. It would be nice to have that announcement scroll at the bottom of the posts for like a day so all my students can see it. They like to post acknowledgements and that makes the post run up in the que. Also, when you are having a meeting, it should stay on the bottom until you are done as well.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Hello, It would be very useful if there was a feature to delete messages and Edit them

If we were to be able to delete our messages or edit them we could be able to fix our mistakes really quick and easily without having to do this (*this).
    thank you...

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. deactivate last seen

Hello Team,

Could you please add a feature to deactivate the "last seen" status?

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Make profile pictures have gifs!

I really like the idea of having gifs as profile pictures and i think it would be a nice little feature. I like making my own ones too.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Love the breakout rooms, but can we dupiicate access?

We have co-taught classes in several different departments, but Teams allows only a single teacher (the one who "calls the meeting") to start breakout rooms, populate them, and visit them. Other teachers have no access to those rooms. Could we change this so that anyone with, say, presenter status, can also have breakout-room status?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Meeting notification can be sent to students, when teachers starts a meeting by Meet Now

Meeting notification can be sent to students when teachers start a meeting by the Meet Now option.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add a function to rotate the webcam image in camera settings

Using a logitech streamcam I can't rotate the image in Teams unless I rotate the camera itself, I Want a portrait not lanscape view with my camera. There needs to be a function to allow image rotation like other video conferencing applications.
    I've looked through doxens of posts with the same issues, some 2+ years ago. Just add an option to rotate camera image.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. whiteboard feature overlay powerpoint when sharing screen in teams

When sharing powerpoint screen, have a button that overlays a transparent whiteboard feature over the screen so that students can annotated directly into it.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Update the Linux version regularly

The Linux version is wonderful and has been a life-saver. However, the Linux version lags so far behind the Windows/Mac versions. People are using features and settings that have been standard for months now that still aren't present in Linux version. Please update regularly.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Teams hogging Memory ,using 1gb memory

The new meeting experience is awesome just please add such a feature that if we close the main app also then also calls can go on just like zoom .
    Thanks

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Have the "include system audio" as a default when screen sharing

Have the "include system audio" as a default setting when sharing the screen.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. add a button in the chat that deletes the whole conversation

add a button in the chat that deletes the whole conversation

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. The ability to allow a guest to become an owner

As a College Teams account and due to Covid, for our Apprenticeships and employer engagement that goes with that we are using Teams. However, as the employer appears as a 'guest' within this Teams group they cannot assign projects for students or use many of the features that are beneficial and necessary for virtual based apprenticeships.
    The employers in question have Microsoft Teams for their businesses, therefore I should be allowed to delegate them control.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. this app need annotate

annotate like zoom app have which can be used to write when we share our screen

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. closed caption during live meetings

Closed captions would be extremely useful for hosted live events in Microsoft teams. This feature could be accessible to the viewer under the The playback and quality features are helpful, but could use the settings tab. The addition of closed caption here acknowledges the neurodiversity of Teams viewers and assists with multi-tasking on the same device (especially when occupying a space where speaker audio is not appropriate). I look forward to this adoption, as well as many others listed here soon.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base