Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Additional user type in team for a class

I have created a team for a class that I am teaching. It will be very useful to enrol some users as TAs (teaching assistants). I would like to give these users privileges to grade and edit the assignment scores but will prefer that privileges for creating or deleting an assignment or editing the team settings to be with the owner. Several instructors in my university also face the same situation.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Integrate Teams into MS Outlook (similar to SKYPE)

It would be nice if we could see online status through teams in outlook the same way we can see that information when using SKYPE. For instance, when my skype is open, if I'm sending a team email, there is a small square to the left of each recipient and it shows me if they are available, away, or offline. Having this functionality when using teams with MS outlook would be very helpful.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Uptime Robot Connector is needed.

Slack has one for Uptime Robot to allow for the bot to post to a specific channel when a website goes down.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow teachers to enable a 'student view' for testing and demo purposes

Allow teachers to 'View from student point of view' in Teams to enable teachers to easily test a Team from a students point of view and also demo to students with a view that is familiar to them, instead of demoing to students with your own teacher view which is slightly different.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Turn off the chat and mute participants

Allow teachers the ability to:
    - turn off the chat feature
    - turn off the private chat feature
    - keep all participants muted

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. meeting attendance should allow us to change how names show up (to be last, first name )

To allow us teachers to choice which way the names show up. Most of them show up as first , last name and for when we do attendance it goes by last name , first name so we should be able to pick the way the attendance names show up on the downloaded copy instead of having to take time to change the order

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Please would you add a seating plan designer to Teams?

Please could you add a seating plan layout designer to Teams? It would be brilliant addition to Teams if we could combine class layouts / seating plans with our existing Teams classes.

It would be helpful if it could also link in with programs like SIMS which include photos, SEND info etc.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Pictures as answer choices in Forms

I need pictures to be able to be answer choices in Microsoft Forms. If I ask a student to choose which graph represents the information, I need to be able to have those graphs be answer choices.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make Virtual Background available for all microsoft/Windows versions

Please make virtual background available for all versions as a student sometimes my room is messy and I cant keep my video off in every lecture .

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. HAVE BACKGROUND OPTIONS AVAILABLE FOR EVERYONE

MS TEAMS SHOULD HAVE BACKGROUND SETTINGS FOR EVERYONE.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. backround

give background effects in every device and give students th options to call and chat and put some new background effects pls

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. voice changer

in a meeting and want to spice things up get a voice changer and have a voice party

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Meeting Recording Disclaimer

Meeting Recording Disclaimer

With the roll out of MS Teams to the college our legal department has asked to include a disclaimer that will reach 100% of meeting participants (internal & external). One way that would meet this need would be to allow customization and or addition of the institution's disclaimer to the "banner/notification" that appears when a meeting recording is initiated.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Improved audit reporting of meeting attendance but specifically actions removing people from meetings affecting meetings.

We have users running over 5000 teams across 300 staff and 13000 students, generally without issue. We've seen the current way of getting an audit of meeting joiners and leavers via compliance: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams-blog/microsoft-teams-launches-ediscovery-for-calling-and-meetings/ba-p/210947 which is ok but is not fed out in the Office 365 audit log (whcih we export for audit purposes) nor does it reflect key actions in a meeting

We've occasionally had issues where students have forcibly removed others from group meetings, while other Uservoices request making this feature optional I'm nore coming from the angle we need to have an audit log of those key actions…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Are You Still There

When I am working on schoolwork i like to switch back and forth between pages but sometimes I can't because there is an "are you still there" box that causes me to reload the page which takes more time and is annoying.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Assignment

I wish that on the assignment tab, it showed the teams with assignments not just all of the the teams.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Games

Allow Quizlet matching and gravity to automatically appear in the app instead of opening a new tab on Google. Have some simple games like pong or snake to occasionally relieve the stress of both students and teachers.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. use security groups of AAD or AD

I think It would be a good idea the possibility of use security groups as well as using office 365 groups to assign people to a new team.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Volume

You should add a setting in which we can adjust the meeting volume ONLY. It will not adjust the volume of the whole device.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Ability to be on more than 4 calls at a time. Having a Main Meeting going and MORE than 3 additional Breakout Rooms.

It would be great to allow for a higher headcount of open calls to occur at the same time.

For instance running a main meeting/session and opening up at least 10 or more Breakout Rooms at the same time with the Meet Now feature (the same party being able to do so). Otherwise you need to have a long list of 'Producers' just to open up rooms, keeping them on hold so its open for all the participants.

Yes, the 'Schedule a Meeting' feature exists, but the real time capabilities to have more Breakout Rooms running at the same time,…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base