Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. the teams status is broken

sometimes the status of people just randomly change from in a meeting to offline or available to in a call or meeting so teachers sometimes mark students absent because of this

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Turn off the chat and mute participants

Allow teachers the ability to:
    - turn off the chat feature
    - turn off the private chat feature
    - keep all participants muted

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Enable App use in Private Channels

When within private channels, many useful apps are disabled (Praise, Forms, Polls, Reflect) which would be very beneficial for use with small group instruction. I would love if these apps would be enabled for use when in a private channel, just as they are available in the public channels.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Volume

You should add a setting in which we can adjust the meeting volume ONLY. It will not adjust the volume of the whole device.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Block and Mute

add a block feather or mute feature,
    what's the point of the mute button when the other end can unmute?
    I have a classmate who non-stop interrupting the class
    I tried muting him but he got a notification and kept unmuting
    so tell me who's genius idea it is?

Here's an idea, when I mute someone, they will not see the notice, on my end I will not hear his voice, while others who didn't mute him can hear him. that will be very useful.

What about someone who is harassing me on teams, why is there no block button…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Use of Powerpoint - Audio files - Video

Please could you make it easier for us to be able to share audio files and video from various sources with our students. We use audio and video files all the time in a lesson and at the moment the share / not share way of doing this is very clunky and time consuming in a lesson. If there could be a way of simplifying this, it would be very much appreciated. Or is there a way of simply doing this that we are not aware of? When we teach, we use multiple documents and audio / video all the…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Be able to pin own video.

The ability to pin your own video so you can see what you are doing and so you can see what the kids are seeing!

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. HAVE BACKGROUND OPTIONS AVAILABLE FOR EVERYONE

MS TEAMS SHOULD HAVE BACKGROUND SETTINGS FOR EVERYONE.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Meeting Recording Disclaimer

Meeting Recording Disclaimer

With the roll out of MS Teams to the college our legal department has asked to include a disclaimer that will reach 100% of meeting participants (internal & external). One way that would meet this need would be to allow customization and or addition of the institution's disclaimer to the "banner/notification" that appears when a meeting recording is initiated.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Assignment with notification

I believe we should have notifications on saying hey your geometry assignment is due at 6:00 tonight. Because my class always forgets what's assigned. I also feel like we should just have one assignment tab for all classes that would make it easier to see all the assignment than having to click each different class.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Foreground

Add a foreground option. Just how there is an option to set a background, there can be an option to set a foreground that covers the person

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Additional user type in team for a class

I have created a team for a class that I am teaching. It will be very useful to enrol some users as TAs (teaching assistants). I would like to give these users privileges to grade and edit the assignment scores but will prefer that privileges for creating or deleting an assignment or editing the team settings to be with the owner. Several instructors in my university also face the same situation.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Integrate Teams into MS Outlook (similar to SKYPE)

It would be nice if we could see online status through teams in outlook the same way we can see that information when using SKYPE. For instance, when my skype is open, if I'm sending a team email, there is a small square to the left of each recipient and it shows me if they are available, away, or offline. Having this functionality when using teams with MS outlook would be very helpful.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Uptime Robot Connector is needed.

Slack has one for Uptime Robot to allow for the bot to post to a specific channel when a website goes down.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. meeting attendance should allow us to change how names show up (to be last, first name )

To allow us teachers to choice which way the names show up. Most of them show up as first , last name and for when we do attendance it goes by last name , first name so we should be able to pick the way the attendance names show up on the downloaded copy instead of having to take time to change the order

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Pictures as answer choices in Forms

I need pictures to be able to be answer choices in Microsoft Forms. If I ask a student to choose which graph represents the information, I need to be able to have those graphs be answer choices.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make Virtual Background available for all microsoft/Windows versions

Please make virtual background available for all versions as a student sometimes my room is messy and I cant keep my video off in every lecture .

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. backround

give background effects in every device and give students th options to call and chat and put some new background effects pls

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Xbox One App

I would love to have a Teams app on my Xbox One using Kinect or whatever webcam one may have connected to their Xbox.

Thanks!

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Improved audit reporting of meeting attendance but specifically actions removing people from meetings affecting meetings.

We have users running over 5000 teams across 300 staff and 13000 students, generally without issue. We've seen the current way of getting an audit of meeting joiners and leavers via compliance: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams-blog/microsoft-teams-launches-ediscovery-for-calling-and-meetings/ba-p/210947 which is ok but is not fed out in the Office 365 audit log (whcih we export for audit purposes) nor does it reflect key actions in a meeting

We've occasionally had issues where students have forcibly removed others from group meetings, while other Uservoices request making this feature optional I'm nore coming from the angle we need to have an audit log of those key actions…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base