Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Multi-tenant please!

So many people have multiple jobs where both jobs are now on Teams, especially with COVID-19 and WFH. I love using Teams for one job, but with two jobs it's really hard.

I realise that adapting it for multi-tenant will take some time, so how about a quick fix to allow multiple instances of the app to run simultaneously?

I can run two instances of most apps on MacOS, but Teams doesn't seem to like it. A patch to remove this limitation might be fast way to enable lots of us multi-job WFH people to be more productive.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Have Shifts reflect on Personal Outlook Calendar

We use shifts to reflect who is here every day. Can a feature be added where shifts syncs with outlook calendars?

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Tasks in Teams

I have a problem with Teams, how it provides feedback of Information; that there will always be a green tick that misleads my students to believe that the task is approved. But its not! Whether I mark the task 100% or 0% correct, it becomes a green check mark as a marker, as it is when its aproved. I want a better feedback for unsuccessful submissions. Is it possible to change this highly misleading feedback?

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. MacOS notifications?

Please could you implement notifications at the OS level on Mac? Then the app will respect system-wide settings and I won't miss most notifications.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add virtual karaoke

Add virtual karaoke . pull in music with lyrics.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Enable applying policies to groups

When Teams was administered within settings, it was simple to control by licence type. Now that Teams admin has moved to its own admin centre, the ability to apply policy to a group is gone and the only option is to apply to individuals. This is too onerous. Permissions for groups is the cornerstone of security so why remove that option for Teams. Please provide a group option for applying policies.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Group students in classes so when they send a message, we can see what class they are from

I have over 100 students a day. I have met them once face to face. It is VERY hard to remember which student is from which class when they send a message. Can we please have a way to group them? Even a color coded icon would work. Anything to help us stop saying "what class are you in?"

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Mirror your video

there should be an option where we can mirror our video or not because my video is inverted on others screens and it looks weird

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. No Audio share for Mac - what? Plus only picks up L channel of USB interface

2 points.
    ONE
    I use a Mac and it is only in windows that one can share audio files (to be heard). I teach music...Why?

TWO
    I use an Edirol UA-25 2 channel. MS TEAMS only picks up LEFT channel but not the Right. Can you help please as I need a mic to talk and pick up live audio plus Guitar/instrument straight in for better volume control.

please help

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Shifts auto Approval shift swaps

When 2 team members swap shifts, have an option for it to not require approval from a manager.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi – Thank you so much for you feedback. This is Amir from Teams Shifts product team. We have this ask in our product backlog as a capability that the manager can enable under settings. Question – do you see a scenarios where you do want managers to approve swaps?

You are receiving this email because you agreed to be contacted by Microsoft about your product feedback
    Privacy Statement
    Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052 USA

11. whiteboard feature overlay powerpoint when sharing screen in teams

When sharing powerpoint screen, have a button that overlays a transparent whiteboard feature over the screen so that students can annotated directly into it.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Integrate To-Do into Teams

It would be great if To-Do could be integrated between Teams and Outlook so you can have a cohesive list of Tasks in one place across multiple different working Teams

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. For gosh sake, make it possible for Mac users to share sound from the computer/Youtube/whatever source!

Mac users can't share sounds from the computer. Voice works fine, but I need to play sound files for music class, Come on, this cannot be a difficult fix!

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. YES to Switch Account

It would be convenient if you will add a 'Switch Account' feature so that it would be easy to sign in to a another account. Thank you.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add countdown timer within announcements option

It would be nice if you add countdown timer so we can post it as announcements before (15 min) of any scheduled meeting.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Shifts Clock on Desktop

The time clock function on Shifts is only functional for mobile devices. We cannot ask our employees to use their personal phones or data in order to clock in/out. Additionally, this also assumes the privilege that front line employees have a smart phone with app capabilities. Can we please have the clock in/out function be workable for a desktop PC?

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Would it be possible to have a Lock Mode whenever you have a quiz?

During remote learning, we use online tools to create and facilitate exams. In my case I use MS Forms for my formative and summative assessments. To avoid plagiarism and opening of other tabs (like google) when taking an exam, I think it would help that there is a LOCK MODE in MS Teams to avoid students from opening tabs or other channels.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow users to login from multiple accounts

It would be really helpful if you enabled us to add multiple accounts on pc. I know this feature already exists on mobile and it would be really helpful if you did this on pc too. This is because multiple logins often ask for codes to ensure that the account is safe and then it gets really hectic.
    Thanking you in anticipation

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Background option

Respected Teams,

Can you make a option of change background for Tab and iPad users because only laptops have so please make this change. Teams can you upgrade a new version for Tab and iPad users.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. quizizz app

Please could you add the Quizizz App

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)