Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Edit history for posts

Hello,

I'd have more ideas for improvements. Perhaps I can find someone here who would welcome these new functions as well.

I would like to see the edit history of the message that the author has edited. If the teacher on the team publishes a report, I can read it, that's logical. However, if they modify this report, for example, before I can read it, I would like to know what was in the original report. Often I don't even notice what adjustment has been made here, sometimes it's obvious at first sight, anyway I find this function very useful.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Be able to jump to specific dates within private chats

I think you should be able to access a specific date in a private message in an efficient manner like how you can cntrl+f/command+f to find a specific message. For example, if it were March 15th, and I wanted to go to a specific date when messages were sent to review what was said, but I did not have time to scroll up through tons of messages, I could go cntrl+d and enter a date with perhaps a drop-down calendar or entering a data in the month/day/year format.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Enable Teacher Monitored Chat Between Students

My idea is that students should be able to chat with each other privately, as a DM. The students could also create groups with up to 4 people. Teachers would of course be able to monitor these DMs to make sure everyone is on task, it would be silly if the teachers didn't have that ability. This would make it so students can have a better learning experience during virtual classes and can actually talk to people. School isn't just about learning. If there's no enjoyment that comes with learning, kids will start failing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. A way to delete accidentally messages in messages

Ive sent multiple accidental files and messages so itd be great to be able to delete messages as i currently cannot.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Ability to lock the meeting after a set amount of time has passed.

Students log in late and claim they were in class but they were not.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Make the conversation notifications offer a separate window

When working on a document or marking an assignment, I sometimes get message notifications that I want to read fully, reply to or keep an eye on, even if I don't plan on stopping what I am doing.

It would be great if a button on that notification allowed us to open that conversation in a popup window instead of sending us straight to the conversations section.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. blocking other users

the option to block other users to prevent them from messaging you further is in the present day a feature that is standardized, that should also count for Microsoft teams. for example people are getting messaged/bullied/harassed/ stalked with no way of blocking them the only thing you can do about is hide or mute the chats but either way you still get the notification once you start the app.

this is a feature that is needed by a lot of people who are getting harassed by others that are in the same school network for example. it is very unprofessional…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. read status

It'd be really great to add the msg read icon on the recent chats list and for group chats show how many ppl read it in the recent list and for the group message add the read icon to the message stream and show how many group members have read it without going into the message menu.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. allow for private messages in chat. I don't need everyone to see the message sometimes

Some messages are only for one person in the meeting. Private chats would be good to have

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. make it able to delete 1v1 chats

if you accidentally made a 1v1 chat, you cant delete it, which is irritating.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add nicknames function

add nicknames to teams and chat functions

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. pls add delete option

it very diffucult to tell them what i was saying so delete option should be there

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Letting teachers message students directly

If teachers need to speak with a student privately they can message them or call them into other channels that make it easier for calling direct students.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. It would be very useful if you could add a option to "delete the chat" in teams chat rather than "Hide chat "

It will ensure more privacy for people if we could delete the whole chat instead of only "hiding" the chat. Hope you consider this suggestion :-)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Feature to Reply to specified chat or message in conversation

all people are able to reply to specified chat or message in the conversation

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Make it possible to rotate images/photos

When someone sends you a photo/image, you cannot automatically rotate the image to view it but instead need to download it and use a different application to rotate the image.

It would be nice to be able to rotate it right in TEAMS!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. THIS APP SUCKS FR

I DON'T KNOW EVEN A SINGLE PERSON THAT IS COMFORTABLE USING THIS **** APP. IT SUCKS BECAUSE ✨ it's a mess ✨ NOBODY LIKES TO USE THIS. THE CHATS omg CAN YOU PLEASE JUST PROGRAM IT IN A WAY THAT ALL MESSAGES MUST JUST BE UNDER ONE THREAD!?!?! you didn't made it easier for us. THE POST SYSTEM IS SO ANNOYING please please improve it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Mass team chat feature

Make it so that you can open a group chat with every member of a team that you are in by pressing one button.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Mass team chat feature

Make it so that you can open a group chat with every member of a team that you are in by pressing one button.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Selective Chat

Within a meeting allow people that are using the chat feature to only send to presenters or everyone.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base